Football
Sponsored by

Will the loss of coach Deleone.....

6,403 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Mitch Blood Green
BUrbon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cost Us a chance at a bowl this year?
An OL coach this year is sorely missed.
Baylor3216
Uh he's been coaching all year I thought
boognish_bear
Deleone standing strong in the stampede

JusHappy2BeHere
that man is a tough son of a gun.... a true ball coach
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
boognish_bear
JusHappy2BeHere
having done both of those jobs, I totally agree with that tweet.... too many skill coaches don't get that fact
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
boognish_bear
Does anyone know his status for the coming year?

EasyE
boognish_bear said:

Does anyone know his status for the coming year?

With all due respect to the individual and his many years of service, what might make him the GOAT in Rhule's assessment? I looked at his bio, and there just were not many good teams, if any that I recognized during his tenure. Perhaps his offensive lines were a strength of the team, but if so, that is a lot.of bad luck to not coach under more successful teams.
bexar country
Only on this board can a complement be turned to s##t.
EasyE
bexar country said:

I did no such thing. I simply inquired to others who may have more knowledge of the coach about why he is as revered as he is despite the general lack of success of the teams he has been associated with.
BellCountyBear
He reminds me a little of the old guy from the TV show "Coach". Maybe that's why Matt calls him a .
JusHappy2BeHere
EasyE said:

bexar country said:

I did no such thing. I simply inquired to others who may have more knowledge of the coach about why he is as revered as he is despite the general lack of success of the teams he has been associated with.
In coaching circles he is widely respected as a man and as an offensive line coach. His understanding of technique and scheme is as good as anyone coaching the game. Even at his age he has a knack for connecting with 18-22 year old kids. He is a top notch OL guy and every coach I know thinks the same.

he is the real deal.

Mahatma Gandhi
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Timbear
What makes Coach Deleon the goat?
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
UT's CO-OC and OL Coach was there

Timbear
Why would Baylor help any coach from UT? Is Rhule going for Most Popular?
xiledinok
Timbear said:

Why would Baylor help any coach from UT? Is Rhule going for Most Popular?
It's a coaching clinic. Professional development and learning are encouraged. It is impressive that his peers listen to him.
Timbear
My question stands. Why would Baylor football want to do anything that helps an opponent, especially UT?
xiledinok
Timbear said:

My question stands. Why would Baylor football want to do anything that helps an opponent, especially UT?
It's a coaching clinic. They aren't sharing play books.
Wichitabear
Coaches go to different clinics throughout the summer. My brother was a coach. This is normal. I want coaches to know Rhule. It is great for our school imo
Timbear
Well, I must admit, Rhule is a wonderful guy to know, as a friend, but his "let's all be friends " attitude toward coaches recruiting against us saying everything critical about us that they can, just doesn't sit well. How about a chip on the shoulder toward teams that are beating him every year?
Wichitabear
They don't have to like each other. It's a clinic.
BUbearinARK
Wichitabear said:

I somehow feel that tim doesn't quite grasp the whole continuing education and learning or networking models. Or just looking for a way to poke @ rhule.
dycbaylor02
I feel like you might be having flashbacks from The Steele stolen years of crying on other coaches shoulders and getting choked out.
Bear8084
BUbearinARK said:

Wichitabear said:

I somehow feel that tim doesn't quite grasp the whole continuing education and learning or networking models. Or just looking for a way to poke @ rhule.

This. It was clinic where those that came were there to learn and learn from each other. Did you see the guest list? It was packed with good o-line coaches from the NCAA and the NFL. And those that came to the clinic were both NCAA and high school o-line coaches and offensive coordinators. They lit up Twitter by how great it was to learn from some of the best in the business and how professional and well put together to was.

The networking and showing how big time this clinic was with those high school coaches is gold when it comes to recruiting. You want to go play where they are always learning from the best. Big time schools put on clinics and camps like this one that CMR and DeLeon set up, and it is cool to see Baylor hold one and have it be a great success for those that put it on and attended.
Wichitabear
Thank you! Exactly.
Mitch Blood Green
Timbear said:

Because the coaches are loyal to the profession. You're loyal to the uniform. He's UT today, he could be Baylor tomorrow or they could both be at the University of Colorado next season.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.