Football
Sponsored by

Kendal Briles commits to staying as Assoc HC and OC at Houston

37,582 Views | 281 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Brian Ethridge
PrideBU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good for Kendal. He gets to coach his alma-mater and he's next in line for the HC gig.

Stefano DiMera
Yep..when Ed Oliver beats Applewhite to death they can promote from within.
PartyBear
Maybe Applewhite is in the mix to move to one of the openings around the country. I havent heard his name mentioned but if he was I would assume the staff would know.
xiledinok
PartyBear said:

Maybe Applewhite is in the mix to move to one of the openings around the country. I havent heard his name mentioned but if he was I would assume the staff would know.

After the last month, your boy, Baby Briles, should just wait till they fire Major.
PartyBear
What happened the last month? I dont follow UH that closely. I just think they have done well enough under Applewhite that he might be getting some consideration. Again though I have not seen his name pop up however.
cowboycwr
PartyBear said:

What happened the last month? I dont follow UH that closely. I just think they have done well enough under Applewhite that he might be getting some consideration. Again though I have not seen his name pop up however.
They lost 4 games total this season. 3 in one month! (November)

Meanwhile X glorifies a coach who can't beat Liberty......
PartyBear
Not a good way to end the regular season.
Redbrickbear
smart move.

Wait there to take over the Houston job or to give it a couple of years and move on to bigger name program.

xiledinok
cowboycwr said:

PartyBear said:

Meanwhile X glorifies a coach who can't beat Liberty...
Well, you forgot that their best player decided to throw in the towel.
Glorify? He cleaned house and made a bowl. Two things was expected from his employers.
Ian could keep a picture of Liberty beating Baylor in his office since he helped create that defeat.
contrario
cowboycwr said:

PartyBear said:

I wish our fans could glorify our current coach and not worship the previous one that burned the program to the ground.
BoonDockSaint
Kendall isnt looking at stepping down to a non Div 1A school at this point

I dont blame him either
Stefano DiMera
And Ed Oliver had to be restrained from kicking his ass 2 weeks ago.
BoonDockSaint
contrario said:

cowboycwr said:

PartyBear said:

I wish our fans could glorify our current coach and not worship the previous one that burned the program to the ground.

We just won 6 games

Missed 1 year of bowling

Thats hardly a program that has been burned down to the ground
Bears2Cane
PrideBU said:

Good for Kendal. He gets to coach his alma-mater and he's next in line for the HC gig.

I wonder if the CMR haters who continuously comment on Rhule's messy appearance feel the same way about KB's atrocious neckbeard. That thing is ridiculous.
RegentCoverup
Stefano DiMera said:

And Ed Oliver had to be restrained from kicking his ass 2 weeks ago.
that's a serious discipline issue. Applewhat blowing it off is the wrong response.
BaylorBJM
But what happened to all the big time rumors of Kendal getting an HC gig?

The next rumor posted of KB on this board which is right will also be its first.
Doc Holliday
xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

PartyBear said:

Glorify? He cleaned house and made a bowl. Two things was expected from his employers.
Ian could keep a picture of Liberty beating Baylor in his office since he helped create that defeat.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
xiledinok
Doc Holliday said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

PartyBear said:

Oliver didn't throw in the towel? I am surprised you didn't cry Friday afternoon. Houston is going to lose their bowl game.
Doc Holliday
xiledinok said:

Doc Holliday said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

PartyBear said:

Oliver didn't throw in the towel? I am surprised you didn't cry Friday afternoon. Houston is going to lose their bowl game.
That loss was on CMR.
Do you really think CMR would agree to blaming the last AD?

Why are you so unhinged over the last administration?
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
xiledinok
Doc Holliday said:

xiledinok said:

Doc Holliday said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

PartyBear said:

That loss was on CMR.
Do you really think CMR would agree to blaming the last AD?

Why are you so unhinged over the last administration?

Why are you posting on a site of a school you didn't attend?
I think Ian should be blamed more than anyone. He didn't do his job. It's why no school with any worth is hiring him. The fact he ended up a politically charge low rated educational Bible camp after being a Power 5 D1 athletic director shows all that no one trusts or wants him.

You are going to have to get the Briles family talking points on Ed Oliver throwing in the towel. He didn't think playing for Major was worth a conference championship ring for him and his teammates.
bularry
PartyBear said:

Applewhite has much to prove
contrario
BoonDockSaint said:

contrario said:

cowboycwr said:

PartyBear said:

We just won 6 games

Missed 1 year of bowling

Thats hardly a program that has been burned down to the ground
Yeah, Rhule is amazing, we know. Welcome to the club.
Aliceinbubbleland
UH finished a very disappointing season. Like a lot of other HU offenses they didn't have a good D, especially after Oliver was injured.

They need a D and they need fans. They were on a roll earlier this season and very entertaining to watch play.
xiledinok
Aliceinbubbleland said:

UH finished a very disappointing season. Like a lot of other HU offenses they didn't have a good D, especially after Oliver was injured.

They need a D and they need fans. They were on a roll earlier this season and very entertaining to watch play.
You could have landed a Space Shuttle on the visiting side of UH's stadium. Herman 's success didn't carry over. It is all O all day with Major.
I was hoping Navy would upset them. The midshipmen were the last big win.
Malbec
Aliceinbubbleland said:

To be fair, they had a lot more than just Oliver injured on the DL. And the offense lost their key piece as well.
xiledinok
Just imagine how the wear and tear of a Power 5 schedule would weight on Houston. Their defense looked like a mini version of the Aggy's point per possession defense.
boognish_bear
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I just had a friend text me that CKB had been contacted by FSU for the OC job.
drahthaar
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

There will be a lot of interest in Kendall among coaching staffs. The coaches have a different opinion of what went down at Baylor than what is portrayed in the press and on internet opinion boards.
xiledinok
witchmo said:

There will be a lot of interest in Kendall among coaching staffs. The coaches have a different opinion of what went down at Baylor than what is portrayed in the press and on internet opinion boards.

It's what the paying customers think about how it went down at Baylor. It's an amateur business built off tv and sponsorship money. Those southern Belles do not like our issues.
Willie
witchmo said:

And TN Vols:

https://www.rockytoptalk.com/2018/12/6/18128021/tennessee-vols-football-offensive-coordinator-kendal-briles-interview-jeremy-pruitt

REX
Y'all are making X nervous
Lots of sleepless nights in store for my little buddy
Doc Holliday
REX said:

Y'all are making X nervous
Lots of sleepless nights in store for my little buddy
Imagine if CAB got hired somewhere and played BU
LMAO
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
https://247sports.com/college/florida-state/Article/FSU-football-offensive-coordinator-Kendal-Briles-Hugh-Freeze-Liberty-126017348/

BTW X, if you were referring to the poster immediately before your post, I can vouch that he did attend Baylor.
PartyBear
KB may land a P5 HC position without having to be a G5 HC first if he lands one of these two OC positions. I would add if Applewhite loses Briles, he may become one of the rarities that is of a UH HC who has had to be fired over the last 16 to 18 years.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.