Football
Sponsored by

Anyone excited to watch UCF get screwed?

7,256 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by REX
xiledinok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How many quarterbacks are going to get killed running the ball in that offense?
I would expect them to lose a few more quarterbacks against Power 5 schedule.
Did he really need to be running sweeps?
The_barBEARian
Bcs no P5 school is going to want to schedule UCF bcs the risk is too high... so they are screwed! I hope they claim another national championship after they beat LSU. They should do it every year until they jackasses in the CFP do the right thing and expand the playoff to 8.
xiledinok
The_barBEARian said:

Bcs no P5 school is going to want to schedule UCF bcs the risk is too high... so they are screwed! I hope they claim another national championship after they beat LSU. They should do it every year until they jackasses in the CFP do the right thing and expand the playoff to 8.
Go independent. Can't screw money programs but letting less revenue creators in the mix. Go play 8 power 5 games. More likely to see attrition with better athletes to cause injury.
Lil Sebastian
The_barBEARian said:

after they beat LSU
lol ok

Quote:

Go independent.
Theoretically could see this as a good option as long as it's financially viable for them. They can catch a lot of good p5 matchups on their bye weeks. ND's schedule consisted of ten p5 matchups (three ranked) which obviously boosted their resume a ton.

But until UCF does something about their conference or schedule they're just the prettiest girl in the trailer park
boognish_bear
Man....I sure hope UCF is able to somehow beat LSU while playing with their 2nd string QB

JXL
I'm not excited to see UCF get screwed. The people screwing them would be more than happy to screw us for the same crime (not being a blueblood).

I hope they rip LSU a new one in the bowl. I'm tired of SEC bull crap.
PartyBear
Hell everyone in the XII except KU had more P5 wins than UCF did and KU and UCF had the same number of P5 wins.
boognish_bear
Brian Ethridge
Staff
boognish_bear said:

Why not a 2 for 2 or 1 for 1?

Make it neutral Scott.
Aliceinbubbleland
That was my reaction too Brian. If Florida insists on 2 for 1 then make it 1 and 1 and neutral.
REX
PartyBear said:

Hell everyone in the XII except KU had more P5 wins than UCF did and KU and UCF had the same number of P5 wins.

Course everyone in the XII had more P5 losses than UCF
outside observer
I know one thing. UCF deserves all the good pub they're getting. I don't think they're good enough for the playoffs but a 25 game winning streak is impressive. And I hope they whip LSU in an NY6 bowl just like last year against Auburn. That would make them 2 for 2 against the almighty SEC SEC SEC
Lil Sebastian
REX said:

PartyBear said:

Can this thread close? claiming a team is better based on the lack of a tough schedule is unreal
REX
Lil Sebastian said:

REX said:

PartyBear said:

Can this thread close? claiming a team is better based on the lack of a tough schedule is unreal

All I'm saying is that they were better than their last 25 opponents
Hard to argue that but some on here will
Lil Sebastian
REX said:

Lil Sebastian said:

REX said:

PartyBear said:

All I'm saying is that they were better than their last 25 opponents
Hard to argue that but some on here will

Yeah it just seems like a dangerous idea when you base the talent of teams on record alone. If that's the case then baylor should go g5 to get our shot at a natty lol.
But I'll agree with your statement, with the edit that they were better than their last 25 opponents on the days they played them. I don't think they would have beaten auburn in regular season, but this will all be more or less evident in a few weeks when they play a team who is excited for a NY6 bowl instead of disappointed like auburn last year. It'll be a very interesting to see how it plays out
KajunKarlsdad
Last year they beat Auburn in the bowl after AU lost yge SEC championship game; AU didn't show up and didn't seem to want to be there. LSU on the other hand is pissed after the screwing at A&M and Bebe will have them ready.
The_barBEARian
KajunKarlsdad said:

Last year they beat Auburn in the bowl after AU lost yge SEC championship game; AU didn't show up and didn't seem to want to be there. LSU on the other hand is pissed after the screwing at A&M and Bebe will have them ready.

Bull*****. Auburn got their asses beat by the better team
Aliceinbubbleland
KajunKarlsdad said:

If you're counting on Bebe I wouldn't go to Vegas. It will help LSU however that UCF lost their starting QB.
Lil Sebastian
The_barBEARian said:

KajunKarlsdad said:

Bull*****. Auburn got their asses beat by the better team
Lol no. Just because a team finds a win on one day doesn't mean they are undoubtedly the better team throughout the season. OU is better than UT, but UT won the first time around. Purdue beat Ohio State, and don't even try to compare the two. How bout BYU beating Wisconsin? Better yet, how bout in 2014 when wvu beat us? Did wvu play better than us on that day? Yeah, they won. Were they a better team? Not even close.

The ONE piece of evidence that we have of UCF being competitive is that Auburn game.

why would a team that was in playoff discussion (and the only team who beat the national champions that year) play lights out against a G5 team? They weren't playing their best. They were playing painfully below average because they lost the momentum of the season.
boognish_bear
xiledinok
We are recruiting against those guys for recruits.
They will never be considered a contender for the CFP in a 4 team concept, and why should they playing only a few Power 5 teams?
REX
They may be in big trouble if they lose their qb coach as the new OC at Tennessee
TDSteele
Their fan rants remind me of why I dislike TCU fans. Not TCU as a program...just the fans.
xiledinok
REX said:

They may be in big trouble if they lose their qb coach as the new OC at Tennessee

What are you doing on this board?
We recruit against your son's current school.
Recruits should realize that we are more relevant to you than Tennessee, Florida State, or rocky top post Butch Jones to the point you post on this board.
Why would any recruit sign with Houston with you all shopping? Wasn't one foot out the door a bad idea the first time?
Go chase after Brenda. She's a scammer vulture who has legions of SWJs looking to complain. Go get after her. She built her career on us thanks to the former regime. She built her career renting space in your crew's head as well. The adult grocery sackers at the local associated grocer would know to clear from Brenda. Smh.
She seemed juiced to set us up like a bowling pin though house money would bet it was an idiot occurrence.
REX
13 minutes to reply? Are you okay
xiledinok
REX said:

13 minutes to reply? Are you okay

I ve been in and out all day. I was checking the recruiting news.
How's recruiting at UH? Do they share notes with UCF?
REX
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.