Football
Sponsored by

Here's @libertyflames AD Ian McCaw on if he's thought about former Baylor head coach

29,684 Views | 266 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TheDom
xiledinok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Timbear said:

Are X and Milli the same person? Doesn't matter. The main thing that matters is that they. and Thee, keep pounding and pounding Briles as much as possible and every chance they get. We need those 3 to stay vigilant, and to never let an opportunity pass to keep pounding.

Let me add.

Welcome to major college football. Most former fan bases don't like former stained regimes treading on their current program.
Go find those losers a forum elsewhere. Go borrow money from their rich buddies to build them a shrine like the ones you see on the highway for dead people.
Thee University
Eball said:

I will never understand the hate some BUfans/posters have for CAB...the desire to punish him and keep punishing him while taking satisfaction in the social media destruction and ruin of his character is actually sickening.
Sit down with me sometime and I will tell you why.

I don't hate him but I am supremely disappointed in what he allowed to happen to the program.

The damage he and Ian did to our good name continues to play out. He is reaping what he has sown.

He ruined his own character.
Thee University
Timbear said:

Are X and Milli the same person? Doesn't matter. The main thing that matters is that they. and Thee, keep pounding and pounding Briles as much as possible and every chance they get. We need those 3 to stay vigilant, and to never let an opportunity pass to keep pounding.
I only post about that guy who ruined our program when one of you knee-pad wearing, robe clinging, hero worshippers post something about how great he was, how much you miss him or blame everyone but him and Ian for our monumental implosion.

Art feathered his nest. Now he has to sleep in it.
Timbear
Thank you Thee and X. I see you're up and at 'em this morning protecting all of us from our misplaced appreciation of what Briles did on the field. Keep it going guys. We need you!
xiledinok
Timbear said:

Thank you Thee and X. I see you're up and at 'em this morning protecting all of us from our misplaced appreciation of what Briles did on the field. Keep it going guys. We need you!
Outside the bubble, his off the field nonsense tops off the success his quarterback killing offense produced in the Big 12.
Wrong forum and wrong school.
We are recruiting heavily and the robe touchers think Baylor fans should tolerate Liberty and their goofy athletic director posts.
Ian ended up at Liberty. He didn't do his job. Ended Art's career but Art is too dumb to realize it. The guy is not a sharp one.
Timbear
Thanks again, X
Banned BarleyMcDougal
Thee University said:

Eball said:

I will never understand the hate some BUfans/posters have for CAB...the desire to punish him and keep punishing him while taking satisfaction in the social media destruction and ruin of his character is actually sickening.

I don't hate him but I am supremely disappointed in what he allowed to happen to the program.

The damage he and Ian did to our good name continues to play out. He is reaping what he has sown.

Everybody ruined everybody's character because Baylor leaders have never been good at managing the university unless it's making sure that hymnals are properly placed. Or the complete opposite - making sure that its alumni s!@# all over each other through their own machinations.

Baylor is a constant target because of its religious status. Perhaps one day somebody will wake up and realize that. Why the school has never tried to get ahead of societal issues is beyond comprehension.

The BOR is still far too large and nothing has been done to rectify that.
xiledinok
Baylor is not a target.
Art Briles was a moron post firing and upset the entire college football business world and is too dumb to figure out that after taking the money it was time to go away for a minute.

This ain't TAPPS, no one cares if you worship Satan or St. Peter, it's about making all the parties money. Notre Dame seemed to figure it out decades ago. Art and Ian were two lower level college football business minds. Those two were arrogant enough to believe their schedule was a good idea.
Look at them, Liberty and the Pizza League.
xiledinok
Timbear said:

Thanks again, X
Liberty and the Pizza League brought to by the Sicilian Bakery. You can thank them for their poor choices.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
xiledinok said:

Baylor is not a target.
Art Briles was a moron post firing and upset the entire college football business world and is too dumb to figure out that after taking the money it was time to go away for a minute.

This ain't TAPPS, no one cares if you worship Satan or St. Peter, it's about making all the parties money. Notre Dame seemed to figure it out decades ago. Art and Ian were two lower level college football business minds. Those two were arrogant enough to believe their schedule was a good idea.

Absolutely incorrect.

Christianity is a giant target today. And Baylor is as well. That's an incontrovertible fact. You need to wise up to who operates the sports industry.
GrizBear
x and Timbear need to take this to a hotel.
REX
xiledinok said:

Timbear said:

Thanks again, X
Liberty and the Pizza League brought to by the Sicilian Bakery. You can thank them for their poor choices.

Has Liberty had any significant wins in any sport since Ian took control?
Just wondering
Stranger
REX said:

xiledinok said:

Timbear said:

Thanks again, X

Just wondering

Just Baylor
Thee University
Timbear said:

On the field was sterling.

Off the field was sewer.
Thee University
xiledinok said:

Timbear said:

Outside the bubble, his off the field nonsense tops off the success his quarterback killing offense produced in the Big 12.
We are recruiting heavily and the robe touchers think Baylor fans should tolerate Liberty and their goofy athletic director posts.
Ian ended up at Liberty. He didn't do his job. Ended Art's career but Art is too dumb to realize it. The guy is not a sharp one.
Who hired Ian?

Ian should have bypassed Baylor and gone directly to Liberty, Houston Baptist, Bethel or maybe John Brown.
Thee University
REX said:

xiledinok said:

Timbear said:

Thanks again, X

Just wondering
Yes!

They have an excellent Field Hockey program. Imagine that.
xiledinok
BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

Baylor is not a target.

Absolutely incorrect.

Christianity is a giant target today. And Baylor is as well. That's an incontrovertible fact. You need to wise up to who operates the sports industry.
It's a fantasy when it comes to college football. Unless you are sheltered, no one sits around and discusses screwing Baylor because they are Christian.
Look who sponsors college football. You really believe the Chicken chain that is closed on Sundays hates Christians?
TexasScientist
Thee University said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

Timbear said:

Thanks again, X

Just wondering
Yes!

They have an excellent Field Hockey program. Imagine that.
Yes they beat Baylor in football.
xiledinok
Thee University said:

xiledinok said:

Timbear said:

Who hired Ian?

Ian should have bypassed Baylor and gone directly to Liberty, Houston Baptist, Bethel or maybe John Brown.
John Brown has a great rugby program. They beat the hell out of teams in more than one way.
Ian needs a place to go where men get their nails done. He doesn't look like he likes getting dirty.
xiledinok
REX said:

xiledinok said:

Timbear said:

Thanks again, X

Just wondering
That team was 1-11. Significant wins? Beating bad teams and bragging about it only works in G5 and lower divisions.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

Baylor is not a target.

Absolutely incorrect.

It's a fantasy when it comes to college football. Unless you are sheltered, no one sits around and discusses screwing Baylor because they are Christian.
Look who sponsors college football. You really believe the Chicken chain that is closed on Sundays hates Christians?
The only two comparable institutions to Baylor are BYU and Notre Dame. Both are independent schools. They also have natural protections from the sporting world since they are insulated in certain manners. These two schools make a boatload of money and have religious connections that vastly outweigh Baylor's ties to Baptist theology.

That said, both are still routinely attacked by outside forces, but they carry on without the routine and petty infighting of Baylor because Mormons and Catholics are good at constricting information and controlling narratives. Simply put, they lock it down. Baylor needs to figure it out.

And yes, money is the driving factor, but there are other forces at play.
Eball
Thee University said:

Eball said:

Would love to visit with you sometime when I am back in Waco...while we don't always agree on things you and I have had our differences and agreed to disagree for the most part respectfully(or with humor) dating back to Baylor Fans...

While you certainly are entitled to your opinions and I don't begrudge them...you don't typically do a happy dance at the expense of CAB and his damaged reputation and restrictions to doing what he loves (coach football). So if you were feeling like my post was aimed at you then you are being just bit thin skinned.

You have been consistent with your views of CAB before any of the crap broke...I disagree with parts of your views but hey I can respect them. If you believe that CAB brought about his own demise by his actions that is fine...but I really don't think you are happy about that or his predicament. There are a couple of other posters who take particular glee in my opinion when anything negative towards CAB occurs...while you may and have every right to point out he played a part in his demise when you perceive some are going to far the other way in their hero worship that is all it is...I don't believe you get any jollies over the situation.

I do think to many people discount the good he did for our program overall and the whole athletics department and University. Our comeback is not near as great leap becasue of the strides we made overall under CAB, Ian and Starr...OK even the BOR can gets some credit for the good times...just like everyone should share in the bad times.

You are a football guy...the issues that plagued us as a University and led to the black eye and the ultimate downfall of CAB were and are much beyond football. CAB got a disproportionate amount of blame and still does for things way beyond his involvement or lack thereof.
xiledinok
BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

Baylor is not a target.

Absolutely incorrect.

The only two comparable institutions to Baylor are BYU and Notre Dame. Both are independent schools. They also have natural protections from the sporting world since they are insulated in certain manners. These two schools make a boatload of money and have religious connections that vastly outweigh Baylor's ties to Baptist theology.

That said, both are still routinely attacked by outside forces, but they carry on without the routine and petty infighting of Baylor because Mormons and Catholics are good at constricting information and controlling narratives. Simply put, they lock it down. Baylor needs to figure it out.

Do you all sit around and discuss such nonsense at your tailgate?
No one cares in college sports whether or not a school is religious or not. They only care about making money.
Our brand's biggest issue was the fact we created zero bowl money for 15 years and didn't bother to realize it when we won conference, we became the flagship and carried the conference banner.
Chuckroast
BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

Baylor is not a target.

Absolutely incorrect.

And some of our fans are complicit in attacking Liberty
Banned BarleyMcDougal
xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

Baylor is not a target.

Absolutely incorrect.

No one cares in college sports whether or not a school is religious or not. They only care about making money.
Our brand's biggest issue was the fact we created zero bowl money for 15 years and didn't bother to realize it when we won conference, we became the flagship and carried the conference banner.
Our bowl profits mean nothing. Scheduling means nothing. Do you sit around at home and discuss this with yourself?

"Stealing" what traditional powers consider as their own and disrupting those money trains is far more important. UT and OU are Pharma. They're Walmart. They're Google. You wanna disrupt the money from them, you gotta pay a price.
xiledinok
BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

Baylor is not a target.

Absolutely incorrect.

Our bowl profits mean nothing. Scheduling means nothing. Do you sit around at home and discuss this with yourself?

"Stealing" what traditional powers consider as their own and disrupting those money trains is far more important. UT and OU are Pharma. They're Walmart. They're Google. You wanna disrupt the money from them, you gotta pay a price.

They aren't going to hand out any pie if schools aren't doing their jobs to make money.
What do you think Mike Holder and the Big 12 athletic directors were doing when they told the media our scheduling was costing the conference?
Our two high roosters didn't get it. It's why a guy like Ian ends up at Liberty. He was a nuisance more than a contributor.

It's always about the money. No one has time for evangelical prosecutions based on college football money.
TheDom
BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

Baylor is not a target.

Absolutely incorrect.

You are off target on this one. It wasn't the fact we won conference over OU & UT it was our athletic department acted like jackwagons while doing it. We acted like a bunch of new money lottery winners. CABers want to tell the "it's bc we disrupted the applecart" narrative because LIKE ALWAYS it deflects the blame off him, Ian, Starr.

The truth is we sucked as a "business partner" with Starr, Ian, Briles leading the ship. Like X said, you can't not add to the pot for 15 years then win conference and stand on a stage and attempt to embarrass the commissioner and conference. Bad for business.

And if you think not making bowls and not scheduling games that reflect well for the conference matter then you really are lost and don't understand how this D1 P5 deal works.
MilliVanilli
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

MilliVanilli said:

Robert Wilson said:

PartyBear said:

Briles should not engage in anything other than a courtesy taking of the call from Ian on this. This is not the place where Briles can make a comeback.

Again Freeze despite his having hookers on speed dial, is a big time fundamentalist and as per footballscoop is the heavy favorite among the Liberty folks. He is the fit for this and this and it would also be his last job in the coaching business if he took it.
No, if he gets a shot he takes it. He may never get another one. He might not get this one.
That's an awfully different tune than the one you sung last year and the year before, you swore he was winning natties in the SEC before long.

Dude, give it a rest.
Just asking three years of Caberdom to account for itself, when they do they can rest.

The height of Caberdom, show you asses as anything but Baylor fans.

MilliVanilli
Timbear said:

Um, you're a shameless Caber who now wants to pretend you never were and jump on the Rhule bandwagon, it's adorable.

Let's all pretend not to know what you are.

Chuckroast
TheDom said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

Baylor is not a target.

Absolutely incorrect.

You are off target on this one. It wasn't the fact we won conference over OU & UT it was our athletic department acted like jackwagons while doing it. We acted like a bunch of new money lottery winners. CABers want to tell the "it's bc we disrupted the applecart" narrative because LIKE ALWAYS it deflects the blame off him, Ian, Starr.

The truth is we sucked as a "business partner" with Starr, Ian, Briles leading the ship. Like X said, you can't not add to the pot for 15 years then win conference and stand on a stage and attempt to embarrass the commissioner and conference. Bad for business.

And if you think not making bowls and not scheduling games that reflect well for the conference matter then you really are lost and don't understand how this D1 P5 deal works.

But the bullseye on Baylor's back goes way beyond the Big 12 and whatever bridges we may have burned with our member institutions.

The news media, largely a reflection of our culture, loves to run stories dealing with potential hypocrisy within Christian institutions.

They were all over the Dave Bliss scandal and still talk about it today. In light of our newfound status as big kid on the block in football, They wholeheartedly swallowed the narrative that Christian institution, Baylor U, was willing to tolerate any degree of misconduct to win with the implication being we were only good because we were willing to stoop to low levels.

Baylor never played individuals under investigation while Florida State rides its star QB to a national championship. Ever wonder why Florida St largely got a pass not only for its player's alleged conduct, but more importantly, for playing him while the incident was under investigation.

I don't doubt that money/jealousy may play a part, but hypocrisy within a Christian university that is suddenly good in football sells because our culture likes to see Christians brought down a peg or two.
LIB,MR BEARS
I'm a huge supporter of Art who I believe got scapegoated for a university problem (eventually, court cases will prove me right).

I'm a huge supporter of Rhule who I believe is the right man to come in and rebuild a program that was sacrificed to protect RR and a handful of BOR members that wanted Judge Starr gone.

I think both coaches are awesome!

Shoot me.
drahthaar
Stranger said:

Still a ribbon clerk
I had two immediate thoughts:

1. Who cares?

2. Who cuts that corkscrews hair?
Banned BarleyMcDougal
TheDom said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

Baylor is not a target.

Absolutely incorrect.

Baylor is NEVER making the playoff with a single loss. Never. You wanna say it with me? NEVER.

Going undefeated with a soft schedule is the only way. TCU scheduled Minnesota the same year that Ohio St jumped both Big 12 teams into the playoff. Their schedule could have gotten them in. You don't want to agree about all this? Fine. You're wrong and I'm not changing my mind. That you can't see how the whole college scheme plays out is insulting to your Baylor degree.

Bad business. LOL. Baylor made 5 straight bowl games before "embarrassing" Bowlsby. The anti-Baylor/indifference toward Baylor sentiment existed long before ANYBODY in any fashion gave them cause to go after the school/program. Are this many Baylor fans that naive?
Banned BarleyMcDougal
Chuckroast said:

TheDom said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

Baylor is not a target.

Absolutely incorrect.

But the bullseye on Baylor's back goes way beyond the Big 12 and whatever bridges we may have burned with our member institutions.

The news media, largely a reflection of our culture, loves to run stories dealing with potential hypocrisy within Christian institutions.

They were all over the Dave Bliss scandal and still talk about it today. In light of our newfound status as big kid on the block in football, They wholeheartedly swallowed the narrative that Christian institution, Baylor U, was willing to tolerate any degree of misconduct to win with the implication being we were only good because we were willing to stoop to low levels.

Baylor never played individuals under investigation while Florida State rides its star QB to a national championship. Ever wonder why Florida St largely got a pass not only for its player's alleged conduct, but more importantly, for playing him while the incident was under investigation.

I don't doubt that money/jealousy may play a part, but hypocrisy within a Christian university that is suddenly good in football sells because our culture likes to see Christians brought down a peg or two.
Exactly. Some people think that this all started in 2014. It's funny.
PartyBear
Not really. Broader American culture views Notre Dame as a christian school ( because it is) and they are fine when issues of hypocrisy come up there. They are fine when issue of hypocrisy come up at Baylor as well. The sex cases from a year ago didnt get any attention because Baylor complied with Title 9 in those instances.

As to FSU that all occurred pre Baylor. Baylor sort of played a role in the entire "me too" movement creation. If the FSU situation occurred now, there is no doubt in my mind the HC would be told by the administration to bench the kid if the HC wasnt smart enought to know he should do that on his own. The Baylor situation changed everything. Baylor ended up getting Stoops and Meyer fired as well (though in a much better handled manner than the trail blazers on the topic in Waco handled it).

Xile is actually right about this point.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.