Football
Sponsored by

CMR makes list of Top 10 college coaches most likely to land in NFL

2,633 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by boognish_bear
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lincoln Riley and Matt Campbell are also on there

10. Matt Rhule, Baylor

This spot was a coin flip between Rhule and his old friend from their AAC days, Texas coach Tom Herman. I went with Rhule because he interviewed in Indianapolis last year and has NFL experience. Herman is also locked in for a few more seasons at Texas, which is better than many NFL jobs. Rhule is out of region in Waco and had a season with the Giants that helps in the eyes of NFL executives.
Stranger
I'm not surprised
PacificBear
I would be very happy for Rhule! Good luck to him.
bunation
...wonder what he means by "Rhule is out of region in Waco...?" I realize CMR is from NY & PA, but is the writer suggesting Rhule is out of his element? ...that he is somehow uncomfortable in Waco, Texas?

Thots?
boognish_bear
bunation said:

...wonder what he means by "Rhule is out of region in Waco...?" I realize CMR is from NY & PA, but is the writer suggesting Rhule is out of his element? ...that he is somehow uncomfortable in Waco, Texas?

Thots?

Not sure....but I interpreted it as the writer thinking CMR would probably be more comfortable back in the Northeast area rather than staying in the unfamiliar South.

Who knows if there's really anything to that....I'm a native Texan so someone wanting to live in the Northeast does not compute.
Meladee
bunation said:

Thots?

Seems like they are trying to imply he can't recruit well in TX.

MilliVanilli
bunation said:

Thots?
It means the writer had a word count to hit and was struggling to fill it.
Grizz Air
boognish_bear said:

bunation said:

Thots?

Not sure....but I interpreted it as the writer thinking CMR would probably be more comfortable back in the Northeast area rather than staying in the unfamiliar South.

Who knows if there's really anything to that....I'm a native Texan so someone wanting to live in the Northeast does not compute.

I have lived in Texas, the midwest, west coast, and the northeast. I can say with conviction that the Northeast was by far... by faaaaaaaar the worst place i ever lived. Four years in hell.
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
syme
When you grew up speaking differently, have different demeanor and mannerisms, different sense of humor even; it can be hard to shake the feeling of being a permanent outsider. Particularly at a southern baptist university in central Texas.
4th and Inches
syme said:

When you grew up speaking differently, have different demeanor and mannerisms, different sense of humor even; it can be hard to shake the feeling of being a permanent outsider. Particularly at a southern baptist university in central Texas.
winning helps, everybody likes a winner
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
BearPa
Confused as to why God didn't just tell Rhule to sit tight at Temple till an NFL position opened up.
BearPa
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
BearPa said:

Confused as to why God didn't just tell Rhule to sit tight at Temple till an NFL position opened up.
Man, this really sucks! I sure hope Mack Rhoades is able to get him another raise so he doesn't leave us!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
CTbruin
Liberty
Stranger
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearPa said:

Man, this really sucks! I sure hope Mack Rhoades is able to get him another raise so he doesn't leave us!

Are we supposed to laugh at that comment or give it a hearty Amen?
PartyBear
I'm pretty sure he was joking. We don't know enough yet to get into a bidding war over Rhule. Of course it would also be pretty crappy of him to leave now after all the college reshuffling season has occurred and settled.
Stranger
PartyBear said:

I'm pretty sure he was joking. We don't know enough yet to get into a bidding war over Rhule. Of course it would also be pretty crappy of him to leave now after all the college reshuffling season has occurred and settled.

His pondering over Indy in the off-season earned him $400,000. Like ol Delbert McClinton once sang, "nothing lasts forever "
boognish_bear
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.