Football
Sponsored by

Liberty hires Freeze as HC

5,472 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Aliceinbubbleland
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

boognish_bear
PartyBear
Freeze will never be heard from again. He really was far better off taking Taggert's offer to be his OC at FSU.
Stranger
Best thing ever written about Lynchburg

They do have a good Cracker Barrell there.

Hope Hugh has a better fate than this guy . . .

It's a mighty rough road from Lynchburg to Danville
In a line on a three-mile grade
It was on that grade that he lost his airbrakes
Oh, you see what a jump he made

He was goin' down grade making 90 miles an hour
When his whistle broke into a scream
He was found in the wreck with his hand on the throttle
And was scalded to death by the steam
Grizz Air
As long as any junk handling in Lynchburg is consensual, I think Ian is safe.
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
Mitch Blood Green
I don't get why anyone would take that job.
boognish_bear
tommie said:

I'm not judging this in any direction....but in Hugh's mind this might be a God thing
vanillabryce
Hugh Freeze needed a break to get back in, this was it.

Liberty needs a splash. This was it.

Four years and he will be winning. Then he will leave because another school wants to win.
PartyBear
Hugh won't come back from this. He won't win big there and additionally Liberty is not a credible institution.
Bexar Pitts
Not a credible institution? Reminds me of the story of the traveler who got behind a very slow moving 18 wheeler on a mountain road grade..Little sign on the back of the trailer that said "I might be slow, but I'm ahead of You!" Didn't Falwell's boys do a number on us a short while back? :-)
PartyBear
Winning a football game does not make an institution credible. It was frankly embarrassing that game was even on the schedule. This would be true had we won 70-0 or by a larger margin.
Bexar Pitts
"Lighten Up, Francis"
xiledinok
Liberty has attempted to not look prude since Larry Flynt kicked the old man's ass.
PartyBear
Bexar Pitts said:

"Lighten Up, Francis"

Lol. It sounded like you were stating a football game last season made Liberty a credible institution. If you were joking my apologies.
Bexar Pitts
No problems, PartyBear. I still laugh ( to keep from crying) every time I think of Falwell Bible School beating Baylor in Football. One of life's little twists and turns.. Sic 'Em
contrario
I thought this was another job that was a lock for Briles?
MilliVanilli
contrario said:

I thought this was another job that was a lock for Briles?
The only reason he didn't get it is because he was holding out for better options...like Florence.
ZatchZell
tommie said:

They pay very well
oldbear69

Bexar Pitts said:

Not a credible institution? Reminds me of the story of the traveler who got behind a very slow moving 18 wheeler on a mountain road grade..Little sign on the back of the trailer that said "I might be slow, but I'm ahead of You!" Didn't Falwell's boys do a number on us a short while back? :-)
Short memories around here... remember we're goin bowling..
Redbrickbear
I don't get the hate for Liberty on here.

They are a fellow conservative Christian school that the powers that be hate.

School is also growing like crazy. 16,000 kids on campus now. 50,000 doing online course work.

Endowment just hit a billion (Baylor and TCU level) and they have spent $500 million on new campus buildings over the past 6 years.

They are also making a strong push in athletics.

Go Liberty!
boognish_bear
Malbec
Every time I see this topic, I read the title as "Liberty fires Freeze as HC" and think to myself, 'geee, that was a little faster than I thought it would be.'
boognish_bear
They open against Dino and Syracuse

drahthaar
I initially thought that Liberty wasn't hiring anyone at all.
boognish_bear
Big guy
Four years and he will be winning. Then he will leave because another school wants to win. VANILLABRYCE

aggy ??
boxster
Redbrickbear said:

School is also growing like crazy. 16,000 kids on campus now. 50,000 doing online course work.

Endowment just hit a billion (Baylor and TCU level) and they have spent $500 million on new campus buildings over the past 6 years.

Go Liberty!
Sadly, there are a lot of nonconservative Christians on this site that have antipathy toward traditional Christianity. And Falwell's conservative politics add the politically liberal to the list of those who hate on Liberty.
Aliceinbubbleland
I guess this is the end of the Briles/McCaw friendship. Briles will feel the knife in his back.
EvilTroyAndAbed
boxster said:

Redbrickbear said:

Go Liberty!
Sadly, there are a lot of nonconservative Christians on this site that have antipathy toward traditional Christianity. And Falwell's conservative politics add the politically liberal to the list of those who hate on Liberty.
If you think Jerry Falwell Jr. represents what true Christianity should be about, then you've obviously missed some parts of the Gospels..
EK bear
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

boxster said:

Redbrickbear said:

Go Liberty!
If you think Jerry Falwell Jr. represents what true Christianity should be about, then you've obviously missed some parts of the Gospels..

Agreed. People are far too tribal. Take people for what they do not who they claim to be or what group they claim to represent.

But tribalism is baked into our dna so it's hard to see people objectively sometimes.

(In before this moves to R&P board)
Timbear
Hey Evil, What true Christian Principles does Falwell Jr. not abide by? (In your opinion) He forgives and gives 2nd chances. How 'bout you?
Chamberman
Falwell Jr. from what I understand, runs the university like his own personal bank. Uses University funds for personal use, many conflicts of interest with paying family members for jobs they aren't qualified for. He also doesn't carry himself as the president of a conservative christian university, many instances of him partying in Miami in contradiction of the stated values and beliefs of the University. There's nothing wrong with that, except that's not who you say you are.
Timbear
Hey Chamberman, just how do you know all that? Those are very damning accusations. Is that rumor, gossip, social media? What? What is the real gripe on this forum about Liberty? Who cares about them? Except for the fact that they kicked Baylor's butt, and give people 2nd chances. Doesn't matter. Sic'em Bears, beat OU.
Chamberman
It's all over the internet:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/19/jerry-falwell-jr-probe-demanded-by-liberty-university-students.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/10/jerry-falwell-jr-accuses-ex--liberty-board-members-of-conspiracy.html

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article231717833.html

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/sex-and-self-dealing-welcome-to-jerry-falwell-jrs-liberty-university-2019-09-09

https://www.christianpost.com/news/lu-president-jerry-falwell-jr-says-he-was-at-miami-nightclub-but-photos-were-maybe-photo-shopped.html

Ludwig von Missi
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

boxster said:

Redbrickbear said:

Go Liberty!
Yep. Falwell is a joke and so is Liberty.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.