Football
Sponsored by

WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO PARK IN HOUSTON DEC. 27??

4,239 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by historian
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know there is plenty of parking around the stadium and I assume some of those lots will have spaces come game time. Should I buy in advance? I expect they will also be pricey. Is that the best choice or is there a better option?

Although I'm only 100 miles out, I don't go there very often (no reason to, don't want the traffic) and when I do it's not near the stadiums.

I looked into park and ride but that seems like more of a hassle.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
CTbruin
I would suggest the green or red lot. And I would buy in advance. Short walk or shuttle.
Midnight Rider
Park at your hotel and Uber to the game.
historian
I won't be staying at a hotel--not when it's only a 2 hour drive.
bularry
It isn't bad to use the rail to get there

But in general red lot is best bet
historian
I thought about the rail but it's too much trouble. I will be arriving from the NE and that would mean changing trains twice. Besides, my friends & I plan to get dinner before the game and I know a good Italian place a few miles from the stadium. If I'm that close, I'll just drive the rest of the way after eating.
historian
Any suggestions on the best way to buy a parking pass in advance? I checked online and one place had horrible prices: more than my ticket for the game!
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Bearwhiz
Treasures
Born_A_Bear
Check with the restaurant - you may be able to park there and take uber.
BearPa
historian said:

Any suggestions on the best way to buy a parking pass in advance? I checked online and one place had horrible prices: more than my ticket for the game!
Contact the Texans ticket office for parking @ 832-667-2002. $25.00
BearPa
fadskier
BearPa said:

historian said:

Just called. They told me that I had to pay cash at the gate.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
BearPa
fadskier said:

BearPa said:

historian said:

They sold me a parking pass right over the phone and will be mailing it to me soon.
BearPa
fadskier
BearPa said:

fadskier said:

BearPa said:

historian said:

They sold me a parking pass right over the phone and will be mailing it to me soon.
Wow! You're right. I called again and just got it through email. Thanks! Sic em!
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
whitetrash
fadskier said:

BearPa said:

fadskier said:

BearPa said:

historian said:

Wow! You're right. I called again and just got it through email. Thanks! Sic em!
Just did the same. Thanks for the heads up.
Pea Weevil
The light rail will take you right to the game. See if you can find a park and ride station and bypass most of the hassle. We're staying at the Medical Center Marriott and the rail station is only a few steps away from the hotel's front door.

Pea Weevil
TDSteele
As previously stated, unless they do special hours for the game, the last northbound train leaves one stop from the stadium at 11:27 on Thursdays. That is problematic for an 8:00 kickoff.
BoonDockSaint
There will be plenty of parking at the stadium or surface lots in the neighborhood around for cheaper

Plus they have shuttles to the stadium and back

The game won't be a sellout...
Sooo
Snuf
You can park for free at the last rail stop just past NRG. The train then goes one stop to NRG.
The last rail stop is at Fannin/Loop 610. We did this for the NCAA MBB few years ago. Pretty slick.
historian
Snuf said:

You can park for free at the last rail stop just past NRG. The train then goes one stop to NRG.
The last rail stop is at Fannin/Loop 610. We did this for the NCAA MBB few years ago. Pretty slick.
I don't think it's free anymore but $3, is close enough! I plan to call them later in the week for particulars.

https://www.ridemetro.org/Pages/TC-FanninSouth.aspx
TDSteele
As previously stated. The last northbound train on a Thursday leaves at 11:27 PM unless they do special hours for an event. We have an 8:00 PM + kickoff. Want to chance it? The last southbound train, which you need, leaves the northern most point at the same time. Takes about 25 minutes to get to you. So if you are out of the stadium and at the platform at 11:45 you make it.
Space Cutter
I'd park at home and watch the game on TV.
historian
I just got off the phone with Houston's Transit customer service. For the special event, the parking is $15 per car which includes the train to the stadium for everyone. The train service continues to midnight but if the game is running late, it will be extended later.
StatMan
historian said:

I just got off the phone with Houston's Transit customer service. For the special event, the parking is $15 per car which includes the train to the stadium for everyone. The train service continues to midnight but if the game is running late, it will be extended later.
Glad to hear you're going to the 2018 Texas Bowl, historian. I hope to be there too.
TDSteele
Good info. Nice job.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
historian said:

I know there is plenty of parking around the stadium and I assume some of those lots will have spaces come game time. Should I buy in advance? I expect they will also be pricey. Is that the best choice or is there a better option?

Although I'm only 100 miles out, I don't go there very often (no reason to, don't want the traffic) and when I do it's not near the stadiums.

In the lot by the SicEm365 tailgate so you can get your drink and eat on.
ColomboLQ
Brian Ethridge said:

historian said:

Do you know where that is going to be yet?
Brian Ethridge
Staff
ColomboLQ said:

Brian Ethridge said:

historian said:

redfish has the spots secured and the beer is procured and the meat pies, boudain balls, and gumbo will be ready as well. Going to be a great time!
ColomboLQ
Brian Ethridge said:

ColomboLQ said:

Brian Ethridge said:

historian said:

redfish has the spots secured and the beer is procured and the meat pies, boudain balls, and gumbo will be ready as well. Going to be a great time!
Is the location of the spot going to be announced publicly at some point?
historian
ColomboLQ said:

Brian Ethridge said:

ColomboLQ said:

Brian Ethridge said:

historian said:

Halftime.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
ColomboLQ said:

Brian Ethridge said:

ColomboLQ said:

Brian Ethridge said:

historian said:

Blue lot
Michibear
Just got tickets. Not at all familiar with Houston but willing to risk H-Town traffic for my Bears.
Wichitabear
Then get around early because traffic is heavy.
ChillyWillie
Thank you! I just bought a parking pass with email delivery for $25.
-I still wear my #2 Aaron Karas jersey to game-day!
Surf Oso
Just bought tix for this. Where in the blue lot or is there flags flying etc? Looks pretty big from the map and we'll be coming off the train.

Gracias!
Lately, newspaper mentioned cheap airfare
I've got to fly to Saint Somewhere
I'm close to bodily harm
StatMan
Your choices are essentially a $25 parking pass at NRG Stadium, or finding a spot for free at a nearby neighborhood. Good luck!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.