Football
Sponsored by

Temple zeroing in on Manny Diaz DC U Miami and Mike Elko DC A&M

1,715 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PartyBear
PartyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As per footballscoop.
BellCountyBear
Our Fran Brown interviewed today. I don't think he's ready yet to be a head coach. Maybe in a few years after helping to get Baylor to a Natty.
PartyBear
He can still be the guy of course but I think it is really hard to be competing with coordinators from a position coach position. I would think he might be the front runner if he was our DC.
TDSteele
No way if I am either of the 2 guys in the title of this thread do I take this job.
bear2be2
PartyBear said:

He can still be the guy of course but I think it is really hard to be competing with coordinators from a position coach position. I would think he might be the front runner if he was our DC.
This would be true in most cases, and could well be here, but Temple might be the one exception to this rule. There's a lot of familiarity between Fran and that Temple program, and if they like him enough, they might overlook that experience gap between him and the others he's competing with for that job.
bear2be2
TDSteele said:

No way if I am either of the 2 guys in the title of this thread do I take this job.
Why? That's a relatively healthy program right now, and it's not like any of the candidates for that job are can't-miss, future Power 5 guys.
TDSteele
I guess because I think there are better gigs waiting on them and currently, they are probably in the upper echelon of compensation for coordinators. Maybe I just have an aversion to Philly.
bear2be2
TDSteele said:

I guess because I think there are better gigs waiting on them and currently, they are probably in the upper echelon of compensation for coordinators. Maybe I just have an aversion to Philly.
The Temple job has its challenges, but it has spring-boarded its last four coaches to Miami, Boston College, Baylor and Georgia Tech. If those guys are interested in a Power 5 job, there are worse paths they can take.
903Bear
It would be a homerun for us if one of these guys accepted the position
PartyBear
Elko has taken his name out of consideration. It is between Diaz, Brown, the DC at Michigan and the current interim HC per footballscoop. I would still kind of think a position coach is a longer shot against that competition. Though Brown does have some history with Temple, I would also think the interim does as well. That would be an in house promotion.
BoonDockSaint
What happened to Rhules replacement
PartyBear
Named HC at Georgia Tech last week or the week before.
PartyBear
It is Manny Diaz as per footballscoop using Pete Thamel as a source. Coach Brown I imagine is at the top of the list to be DC here whenever Snow retires. As I said earlier he may have been at the top of the list on this had he been our DC.
TDSteele
I see Elko came to the same conclusion I did.
PartyBear
He probably was allowed to publicly withdraw when told it wasn't him.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.