Football
Sponsored by

Baylor's five-win improvement was BEST

6,313 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bunation
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
Timbear
How could it not be when Rhule only won ONE game last year.
Doc Holliday
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
Heisman25g
Great sports point timbear, way to bring the juice!
Stefano DiMera
Timbear...let me break this down for you and PartyBear and others that keep harping on the 1 win season..
Look...we brought in a coach with an entirely different philosophy..if you have a problem with that . take that up with Mack Rhodes..

Could we have won more than 1 last year if Rhule had gone more uptempo? Probably..maybe 3 or 4 more games..so then you have a 4 or 5 win season and now all the Briles kids are gone and you're implementing your system in year 2...which you know is going to be a struggle so year 3 is the soonest you see progress..

I say Rhule knew what he was doing... Y'all keep living in the past though.
JXL
Timbear said:

How could it not be when Rhule only won ONE game last year.

What does that have to do with anything? Lots of teams could have won five games more this year than they did last year - in fact, any team which won fewer than eight games could have done do ... but we were the only one that actually did improve by five games over last year.
Matthew
We got worse by 6 games the year before.
PacificBear
haha poor Alabama and Clemson. They didn't make the list. Ha ha ha, suck it beeches
PacificBear
PacificBear said:

haha poor Alabama and Clemson. They didn't make the list. Ha ha ha, suck it beeches

Jk, just busting the sunshine pumpers balls. I hope we make the list next year then never again! Sic'em
contrario
PacificBear said:

I know you are only kidding, but there is truth to this. While it is an accomplishment to go from 1 to 6 wins, if you won 8 games last year and 12 this year (just speaking hypothetically), or even only 11 this year, you would be SOL on this list.
DAC
Great tank job by rhule last year. Anyone could have improved 1-11 with the talent out there
BUbearinARK
PacificBear said:

PacificBear said:

Jk, just busting the sunshine pumpers balls. I hope we make the list next year then never again! Sic'em
I was busted and yet laughed heartily.
Chuckroast
DAC said:

Great tank job by rhule last year. Anyone could have improved 1-11 with the talent out there
you stole my thunder . . . just goes to show that all new coaches should underachieve in the first year and set the expectations as low as possible.
Bear8084
DAC said:

Ignorant post is ignorant and oblivious to how much of a rebuild this is.
MilliVanilli
DAC said:

You Cabers sure are getting bitter, and showing your ass *****ing about a bowling team in only year two of a complete rebuild.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
MilliVanilli said:

DAC said:

You Cabers sure are getting bitter, and showing your ass *****ing about a bowling team in only year two of a complete rebuild.
Thank God Matt Rhule ran off all of those rapists and potential rapists recruited by the previous regime. All is well in the world. Baylor is once again God's gift to football. Go BEARS!!!! BEAT the Commodores! I hope Baylor does not wait too long to give Coach Rhule another raise.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
MilliVanilli
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

DAC said:

Thank God Matt Rhule ran off all of those rapists and potential rapists recruited by the previous regime. All is well in the world. Baylor is once again God's gift to football. Go BEARS!!!! BEAT the Commodores! I hope Baylor does not wait too long to give Coach Rhule another raise.
So long as you stay off campus, it should be fine.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

DAC said:

You have nothing to worry about there. That is for sure.

-- Barack Obama
MilliVanilli
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

DAC said:

Never feared for myself, just the young women you think are gridiron trophies.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

DAC said:

So now I am a rapist too? Now that is pretty funny.

-- Barack Obama
MilliVanilli
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

DAC said:

It's definitely something you turn a blind eye to if it is performed by someone you think helps to achieve your objectives.
CHP Bear
gobears20 said:

I attribute the 1 and 11 season a total coaching bust. IMO we should have won a minimum of 4. Therefore, the above statistic is skewed. But the stats are a nice warm and fuzzy.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

DAC said:

It's definitely something you turn a blind eye to if it is performed by someone you think helps to achieve your objectives.
Was Seth Russell a rapist? Was he a rape enabler? This is not a trick question. A simple yes or no answer will do.

-- Barack Obama
Stefano DiMera
You guys are freaking amazing.ANY positive publicity for the program y'all just **** and piss on.
"Rhule interviews with Colts"...He's a traitor!
"Baylor had the biggest improvement in nation"....Fake news!..He shoulda won more!

Do y'all realize how dumb you sound?
Chuckroast
Stefano DiMera said:

You guys are freaking amazing.ANY positive publicity for the program y'all just **** and piss on.
"Rhule interviews with Colts"...He's a traitor!
"Baylor had the biggest improvement in nation"....Fake news!..He shoulda won more!

Do y'all realize how dumb you sound?

I'm happy we are improving, and I don't begrudge coaches for moving on if that's what they want to do. It's a job. I'm just not ready to say everything is peachy because of the 7 teams we have beaten in 2 years. None of them have been good teams. We may be turning the corner, or we may also just be an average program now. We have a long, long way to go to get back to being a great program. Hopefully Rhule can get us there again.
MilliVanilli
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

DAC said:

Was Seth Russell a rapist? Was he a rape enabler? This is not a trick question. A simple yes or no answer will do.
Cabers love straw men, it sure makes you feel good about the fact you think Tevin Elliotts of the world should've been on a team.
RegentCoverup
I don't care what type of organization it is, and college football is certainly no different but the first thing a smart leader does is cut throats and run off the people that are loyal to the old regime.

Rhule did it some, but I think he should have gone further.

That he got the organization back to .500 and a bowl game in Year 2 is proof he can win.

Stefano DiMera
NO ONE IS SAYING EVERYTHING IS PEACHY... JESUS H. CHRiST...WE ALL REALIZE 6 WINS IS NOT WHERE WE WANT TO BE..BUT CAN'T YOU FOLKS ENJOY THE JOURNEY A LITTLE BIT?

No..you guys can't because you're still obsessed with s coach and his son who aren't here.

No one loved Art and what he did more than me. But Rhule is MY coach of MY school and I'm going to try and support him until he gives me a reason not to and then we can shoot his ass up into the sun and get someone else in here.
BEARxKNIGHT

LOL good lord this side of the boards is full of children that demand we be Alabama starting yesterday.
syme
I'd rather be on the side that expects more than the side that "calls out the haters!" after a losing conference record. The latter group ought to be ashamed of themselves.
MilliVanilli
syme said:

I'd rather be on the side that expects more than the side that "calls out the haters!" after a losing conference record. The latter group ought to be ashamed of themselves.
Yes, ends always justify the means to keep your precious status quo.

You're too immoral and impatient to want to win with integrity.
BUbearinARK
syme said:

I'm indeed ashamed. Of you and your Baylor hating.
Bear8084
syme said:

Who says no one expects more than 6-6? No one has said that. What they have said is it is a giant step in the right direction after all the mess that has happened and they are confident that Rhule can win here and has shown improvements his 2nd year and has brought a bowl berth to us. It's pretty exciting.

The hater thread that some of you seem so hung up on was calling out those that made broad hyperbole statements how Rhule is the worst ever, can't win, players will transfer soon, can't coach, etc. Those remarks are not grounded by any kind of facts and deserved to be called out.
DAC
Bear8084 said:

DAC said:

Ignorant post is ignorant and oblivious to how much of a rebuild this is.

Looks like it was a genius move by rhule. Throw the entire season then get praise for making a **** bowl game the following year.
DAC
MilliVanilli said:

DAC said:

Going to a bowl game isn't much harder than a hs team getting into the playoffs
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.