Football
Sponsored by

Baylor's five-win improvement was BEST

6,420 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bunation
Bear8084
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DAC said:

Bear8084 said:

DAC said:

Great tank job by rhule last year. Anyone could have improved 1-11 with the talent out there

Ignorant post is ignorant and oblivious to how much of a rebuild this is.

Looks like it was a genius move by rhule. Throw the entire season then get praise for making a **** bowl game the following year.

More ignorance. Keep digging that hole.
BEARxKNIGHT
DAC said:

MilliVanilli said:

DAC said:

Great tank job by rhule last year. Anyone could have improved 1-11 with the talent out there
You Cabers sure are getting bitter, and showing your ass *****ing about a bowling team in only year two of a complete rebuild.

Going to a bowl game isn't much harder than a hs team getting into the playoffs

And there it is. The dumbest thing I'll read all day.
Forest Bueller
DAC said:

MilliVanilli said:

DAC said:

You Cabers sure are getting bitter, and showing your ass *****ing about a bowling team in only year two of a complete rebuild.

Well, it's a bit harder. In a 5 team district 4 get in. I am embarrassed to say my hometown with a SINGLE win in district made the playoffs this year. The Bears were much better than that. There was much improvement.

My single worry is last year out of 22 signees at least on the ESPN site 8 were 4 star and 5 were ESPN top 300, which is great, far beyond expectations.

This year out of 18 commits there is only one 4 star guy, he is also the lone ESPN top 300 guy.

Don't need to go backwards there. That said James Lynch was a 3 star guy, he is a bad man.
Chuckroast
Stefano DiMera said:

NO ONE IS SAYING EVERYTHING IS PEACHY... JESUS H. CHRiST...WE ALL REALIZE 6 WINS IS NOT WHERE WE WANT TO BE..BUT CAN'T YOU FOLKS ENJOY THE JOURNEY A LITTLE BIT?

No..you guys can't because you're still obsessed with s coach and his son who aren't here.

No one loved Art and what he did more than me. But Rhule is MY coach of MY school and I'm going to try and support him until he gives me a reason not to and then we can shoot his ass up into the sun and get someone else in here.

Read again - I never said I wasn't supporting Rhule. My expectations are just tempered more than yours are. What's wrong with that?
RegentCoverup
BEARxKNIGHT said:

DAC said:

MilliVanilli said:

DAC said:

And there it is. The dumbest thing I'll read all day.
LOL....He's got more where that came from..
DAC
Forest Bueller said:

DAC said:

MilliVanilli said:

DAC said:

Well, it's a bit harder. In a 5 team district 4 get in. I am embarrassed to say my hometown with a SINGLE win in district made the playoffs this year. The Bears were much better than that. There was much improvement.

My single worry is last year out of 22 signees at least on the ESPN site 8 were 4 star and 5 were ESPN top 300, which is great, far beyond expectations.

This year out of 18 commits there is only one 4 star guy, he is also the lone ESPN top 300 guy.

Don't need to go backwards there. That said James Lynch was a 3 star guy, he is a bad man.

You're right there has been last place district teams make it in even 0-10 teams I think. Both are watered down, too many bowl games full of mediocre teams .
BUbearinARK
DAC said:

Forest Bueller said:

DAC said:

MilliVanilli said:

DAC said:

You're right there has been last place district teams make it in even 0-10 teams I think. Both are watered down, too many bowl games full of mediocre teams .
Hey, great news!! I just checked on this. No one is forced to watch all bowls go to their team's bowl. More time for hallmark channel movies and reruns of fixer-upper!!
MilliVanilli
DAC said:

MilliVanilli said:

DAC said:

Caberdom is adorably bitter.

If Rhule wins the Texas Bowl that will be more than your idol could do once he got there.
Q Bear
Age is a great purifier. 10 years ago I was one of these jerks on BaylorFans.com complaining about anything and of course I was happy to win at no cost. When I learned our team had a few sex assaulters on it, I was actually pretty sick. Wins didn't matter that year. Last year sucked but I felt good that integrity would mean something again moving forward. This year with 6 wins and headed to a decent bowl is a huge huge success!! A win will he well above expectations. But we have a coach who will consider all credentials in recruiting. Winning at all costs is not winning.
RegentCoverup
I don't believe the suggestion that we cut corners to win. If that's the case, there are still plenty of programs cutting corners.

Our situation was more like the organization and it's leaders(the board in particular) went to sleep when the money started rolling in.

We simply needed new leadership.
xiledinok
DAC said:

No, the tank was in 2016. Rhule was forced to come in after the face of college football rape who appeared in numerous articles and had strong story published in the WSJ. Let's stick to facts for once. Lying gets people banned in pro football and shunned by advertisers (the folks who pay for those extreme salaries and bowl bonuses for finishing .500 or average in any other forum).

Have I told you that Stidham looks and acts like a Kennedy clan? I think like the Kennedys, Stidham would make a terrible boxer and wouldn't be very good taking a shot to the head. He looks vulnerable for a concussion.
CastleBear
This part of the forum is such a train wreck.

So why do I come here every once in awhile? Just when I think nothing could be said more inane, I get proven wrong again. And again...
Stefano DiMera
Nothing wrong with tempered expectations
.but that has nothing to do with what this team accomplished THIS year..

We're getting positive national press and people with more football knowledge than anyone on the board are citing the job Rhule did this year.

We'll worry about 2019 and 2020 when we get there.
Texasjeremy
WIN TOTAL DIFFERENCE FROM LAST YEAR TO THIS YEAR (P5 SCHOOLS) - TEAMS IN BOLD STILL HAVE A BOWL GAME TO PLAY

BIG 12 (-3)
+5 Baylor
+2 Kansas
+2 Texas
+1 West Virginia
0 Iowa State
0 Oklahoma
-1 Texas Tech
-3 Kansas State
-4 Oklahoma State
-5 TCU

ACC (-6)
+5 Syracuse
+2 Georgia Tech
+2 Pittsburgh
+1 Clemson
+1 Virginia
0 Boston College
0 Duke
0 NC State
-1 North Carolina
-2 - Florida State
-2 Wake Forest
-3 Miami
-3 Virginia Tech
-6 Louisville

BIG TEN (-11)
+2 Illinois
+2 Michigan
+1 Maryland
+1 Minnesota
0 Indiana
0 Iowa
0 Nebraska
0 Ohio State
-1 Purdue
-2 Northwestern
-2 Penn State
-3 Michigan State
-3 Rutgers
-6 Wisconsin

PAC 12 (-5)
+2 California
+2 Utah
+1 Oregon
+1 Oregon State
+1 Washington State
0 Arizona State
0 Colorado
0 Washington
-1 Stanford
-2 Arizona
-3 UCLA
-6 Southern Cal

SEC (0)
+5 Florida
+2 Kentucky
+1 Missouri
+1 Tennessee
+1 Texas A&M
+1 Vanderbilt
0 Alabama
0 LSU
-1 Mississippi
-1 Mississippi State
-2 Arkansas
-2 Georgia
-2 South Carolina
-3 Auburn
Stefano DiMera
Well obviously Dino Babers is a hack..he should have won more last year.
Forest Bueller
BUbearinARK said:

DAC said:

Forest Bueller said:

DAC said:

MilliVanilli said:

DAC said:

Hey, great news!! I just checked on this. No one is forced to watch all bowls go to their team's bowl. More time for hallmark channel movies and reruns of fixer-upper!!
Say there Bro, the Hallmark channel is my friend.
oldbear69
Stefano DiMera said:

You guys are freaking amazing.ANY positive publicity for the program y'all just **** and piss on.
"Rhule interviews with Colts"...He's a traitor!
"Baylor had the biggest improvement in nation"....Fake news!..He shoulda won more!

Do y'all realize how dumb you sound?
Win 1 game and lose to Liberty and a team called the roadrunners... and we're the dumb ones for not being that excited over 5 more wins over 4 conf teams with a combined 10-26 conf record.?... well we did blowout Abilene juco .....guess the real highlight is we didn't lose again to a team called the roadrunners.....ok I'm the dumb one....
xiledinok
oldbear69 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

You guys are freaking amazing.ANY positive publicity for the program y'all just **** and piss on.
"Baylor had the biggest improvement in nation"....Fake news!..He shoulda won more!

Win 1 game and lose to Liberty and a team called the roadrunners... and we're the dumb ones for not being that excited over 5 more wins over 4 conf teams with a combined 10-26 conf record.?... well we did blowout Abilene juco .....guess the real highlight is we didn't lose again to a team called the roadrunners.....ok I'm the dumb one....
We didn't have ourselves all over the media. It is cool that we don't have to be associated with a man who is about as popular outside the bubble and inside the world of college sports as the guy who sent his kid to show and tell with asxhxle beeds.
We weren't beating up on perinennial Southland bottom feeders who played the now defunct Bacone. Sorry, outside the bubble you don't get respect and more likely disrespect for having a common opponent with Bacone.
Bear8084
oldbear69 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

What a ridiculous statement. The real highlight(s) is this team showed growth, got a bowl, and continued to gel around each other and the coaches. All of this during year 2 of a major rebuild.
oldbear69
Bear8084 said:

DAC said:

Bear8084 said:

DAC said:

Ignorant post is ignorant and oblivious to how much of a rebuild this is.

Looks like it was a genius move by rhule. Throw the entire season then get praise for making a **** bowl game the following year.

More ignorance. Keep digging that hole.

Diggin it here..boss...
Stefano DiMera
As long as you felt that same way in year 2 of Briles we good.
possible12
Stefano DiMera said:

Timbear...let me break this down for you and PartyBear and others that keep harping on the 1 win season..
Look...we brought in a coach with an entirely different philosophy..if you have a problem with that . take that up with Mack Rhodes..

Could we have won more than 1 last year if Rhule had gone more uptempo? Probably..maybe 3 or 4 more games..so then you have a 4 or 5 win season and now all the Briles kids are gone and you're implementing your system in year 2...which you know is going to be a struggle so year 3 is the soonest you see progress..

I say Rhule knew what he was doing... Y'all keep living in the past though.
Ageed; he knew exactly what he was doing.
xiledinok
We weren't playing teams who beat teams that would get their sxit drilled by good 6A programs.
I have no doubt Allen High could have beaten Bacone in 2015. Bacone was Lamar's opponent prior to playing Baylor in 2015.
Playing Lamar over a quality opponent put us on the outside of big time college football.
StatMan
Statman jinx in 2018. Why? I predicted Baylor would go 5-7, and instead, they are 6-6 with a chance for a bowl victory, and finish with a winning season.
bunation
Opinions. Opinions.
Perspectives.
Expectations.

Yep. 2017 sucked. The Liberty loss was the worst ever.

BUT.

2018 revived a little respectability.
2018 results surprised most folks.

Slant it this way or skew it that way.

We DID improve by five games.
We ARE going to a quality bowl.
Rhule kept his "promise."

Win or lose, our clan will have a great time in Houston!

bunation
BEARxKNIGHT said:

LOL good lord this side of the boards is full of children that demand we be Alabama starting yesterday.

(That's me, btw, in my CAB pj's.)
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.