Football
Sponsored by

Rob goes back to 3rd string for Ravens

2,081 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by boognish_bear
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It'll be interesting to see what happens with him in the off season

Stan Mikita
I think the Ravens will likely offload Joe Flacco after the season. They might keep Rob around as the #2 if they decide to go all in with Lamar Jackson due to their similar playing styles. There would not be many offensive adjustments if Rob had to come in for Jackson.
BUBear24
All I know as a Chicago Bears fan is not even realizing Chase Daniels was our back up and seeing the staggering amount of money he's made in years not playing. Rob wants his last shot but hopefully he realizes being a reliable back up yields some good fruits on its own.
cowboycwr
BUBear24 said:

All I know as a Chicago Bears fan is not even realizing Chase Daniels was our back up and seeing the staggering amount of money he's made in years not playing. Rob wants his last shot but hopefully he realizes being a reliable back up yields some good fruits on its own.

Back up QB can be a solid gig for years and years. There have been plenty that have made good money doing it (especially now) and opened doors in the coaching world later. The pay right now can be really good.

https://fanbuzz.com/nfl/highest-paid-backup-qbs/

Look at Jason Garrett. He was aikman's back up for like 10 years. Gary Kubiak is another.

David Carr stick around for several years as eli's backup after he left Houston. Got a super bowl ring too.

And a little known fact about the 72 dolphins- most of the season was played by the backup QB.

But in recent years if a backup has a good season they tend to get picked up by another team quickly. So it can lead to a good payday or a good journeyman career like Chase Daniel has had. 9 years (and counting) as an undrafted QB is very good.

Hopefully RGIII understands this and can wait his time as a backup for a while and maybe get his shot later.
BluesBear
Man. I just don't see Lamar making it as a QB. Sure he is getting rushing yards but he's a horrible passer.
Mitch Blood Green
TrustTheProcess said:

Man. I just don't see Lamar making it as a QB. Sure he is getting rushing yards but he's a horrible passer.

Running QB isn't a long career.
rrtxoso
BUBear24 said:

Chase Daniel is having a lot of fun too.

BUBear24
rrtxoso said:

BUBear24 said:

Chase Daniel is having a lot of fun too.

Still remember watching him and Missouri play OU in the Alamodome for the Big12 championship. Amazing he's been in the league this long. Glad he's enjoying it.
stillwaiting
Spotrac says he has grossed 28 million, a lot of it backing up Brees, most of us could come to terms with that life. Even backups wear red in practice.
bunation
stillwaiting said:

Even backups wear red in practice.

Funny. Also saves on wear & tear.

Southlake Carroll's Chase Daniel has only ATTEMPTED 154 passes. (About five games' worth.) He's in his ninth season. That's $184k PER ATTEMPT (career earnings thru 2018 of $28,304,000).

He may be the highest paid qb over that time span based on that stat.............
boognish_bear
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.