Football
Sponsored by

I need a ride to the Texas Bowl

3,296 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BaylorRocks
StatMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I will buy a $6 ticket, either through StubHub or Vivid Seats to attend the Texas Bowl, but need to secure transportation. I have 2 options. One of my brothers will spend Christmas Eve & Christmas Day with me here in Waco. I could ride with him from Waco, and spend Dec. 26th at his home in Hockley. I would need a ride from there to NRG Stadium for the Texas Bowl, then return to Waco after the bowl game. The 2nd option is to catch a ride with a SicEm365 member from Waco to the Texas Bowl in Houston, then return to Waco afterward. Is there someone from the Waco area who can offer a ride?
BoonDockSaint
Take the Greyhound....

The Metro Rail is a block or 2 away

Head south to NRG
Stefano DiMera
I'm here for the comments... AND THERE ARE NONE.
StatMan
I'm not taking a Greyhound bus from Waco to Killeen, then North Austin, and finally to Houston. It's easier to get a ride with a Baylor football fan from Waco directly to Houston.
Stranger
Your brother sounds like your best bet.

Why don't you ask your brother to take you to the game as a Christmas gift to you.

You guys could spend $50 on the package that would give you 2 tickets, 2 Papa Johns personal pan pizza pies, and 2 Dr Peppers.

It would be a great family time together and give you a great memory of an experience with each other.

Merry Christmas, Statman and Beat the Commodores!
Mitch Blood Green
StatMan said:

I'm not taking a Greyhound bus from Waco to Killeen, then North Austin, and finally to Houston. It's easier to get a ride with a Baylor football fan from Waco directly to Houston.

I heard that from my daughter when she was a teen. I cut her off. No loot. No cell. I told her I can't be the only one in our relationship willing to do what's required.
BoonDockSaint
StatMan said:

Took Greyhound home my freshman year to my sisters wedding....

We went down 6 and 290...

It was like 5 hours

Not too bad

$19
Noghri
Any time you think there are only two options means you haven't looked long enough
StatMan
Stranger said:

Why don't you ask your brother to take you to the game as a Christmas gift to you.

You guys could spend $50 on the package that would give you 2 tickets, 2 Papa Johns personal pan pizza pies, and 2 Dr Peppers.

It would be a great family time together and give you a great memory of an experience with each other.

I like your idea, Stranger. I heard of the deal with Papa John's.
midgett
StatMan said:

Stranger said:

If you do this plan, I'll give you $20 at the game to help cover the cost. You'll have to front it, but I'll refund you $20.
Stranger
midgett said:

StatMan said:

Stranger said:

If you do this plan, I'll give you $20 at the game to help cover the cost. You'll have to front it, but I'll refund you $20.

And I'll send midgett another $20 to kick it up to $40. If some other Bear fan feels generous we might make it a Merry Christmas for the old Statman.

How bout it Bears?
Mitch Blood Green
Noghri said:

Any time you think there are only two options means you haven't looked long enough

Looks like a plan is coming together.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Hey Bud. You should contact reporter. He will not only deliver you from Waco to Houston and back, but he will also do a whole lot of other neat stuff for you that I am sure you will like very much. The only thing is, you can't tell his wife. I won't go into detail here. Just send him a PM.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
StatMan
Stranger said:

midgett said:

StatMan said:

Stranger said:

Very kind gestures by midgett and Stranger. I'll call my brother, Doug, Friday night, and find out if he is willing to drive us to a free parking area within walking distance of NRG Stadium.

And I'll send midgett another $20 to kick it up to $40. If some other Bear fan feels generous we might make it a Merry Christmas for the old Statman.

How bout it Bears?
StatMan
Statman quote, not Stranger, on the calling of Doug on Friday night. Sorry for the confusion.
RegentCoverup
tommie said:

Noghri said:

Looks like a plan is coming together.
You're one sick puppy, but I admire your creativity.
StatMan
At this moment, it's 50-50 on me being at NRG Stadium for the 2018 Texas Bowl.
bunation
StatMan
Bump. The StatMan saga continues. Stay tuned!
StatMan
I'M GOING TO THE 2018 TEXAS BOWL IN HOUSTON!!! A good friend purchased tickets through the Baylor Athletic Website. We'll be sitting in Section 124, and on the front row. Now I'm really looking forward to December 27th!
Dia del DougO
Do we even need to watch, now?
Mitch Blood Green
StatMan said:

I'M GOING TO THE 2018 TEXAS BOWL IN HOUSTON!!! A good friend purchased tickets through the Baylor Athletic Website. We'll be sitting in Section 124, and on the front row. Now I'm really looking forward to December 27th!

I don't even have tickets. Dr. Perpper bout to be drank.
Stranger
Mrs Stranger and my ownself will be flying to Cabo San Lucas that day and hope our villa has a tv where we can dial up the Bears. Otherwise we'll be keeping up on the interweb.

Have fun Statty. Go Bears. Beat the Commodores!
PacificBear
StatMan said:

I will buy a $6 ticket, either through StubHub or Vivid Seats to attend the Texas Bowl, but need to secure transportation. I have 2 options. One of my brothers will spend Christmas Eve & Christmas Day with me here in Waco. I could ride with him from Waco, and spend Dec. 26th at his home in Hockley. I would need a ride from there to NRG Stadium for the Texas Bowl, then return to Waco after the bowl game. The 2nd option is to catch a ride with a SicEm365 member from Waco to the Texas Bowl in Houston, then return to Waco afterward. Is there someone from the Waco area who can offer a ride?

You know what the say, "gas, grass or piece of a$s" and X & milli want all three.
cowboycwr
Does statman not drive?
StatMan
cowboycwr said:

Does statman not drive?
I don't own a car anymore, so I don't drive.
MilliVanilli
PacificBear said:

StatMan said:

You know what the say, "gas, grass or piece of a$s" and X & milli want all three.
What's it like having your life dominated by screen names?
bunation
StatMan said:

cowboycwr said:

Does statman not drive?

No car.
No money.

Baylor grad, right?

What's up, Statman?

Unemployed?
william

The Old BEAR
Until people quit catering to him, he will never grow up.
I helped him for years. Never did his desire to support himself change.
Sometimes hitting rock bottom is the only way to start picking up.
StatMan
bunation said:

StatMan said:

cowboycwr said:

Does statman not drive?

No car.
No money.

Baylor grad, right?

What's up, Statman?

Unemployed?
I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome in 2013, and have been receiving Social Security Disability Benefits since then. BTW, no one at this website paid for my ticket. A close friend, whom I've know since we were undergraduate students at Baylor paid for my ticket, and has graciously offered transportation. Maybe I'll see a few of you at NRG Stadium for the 2018 Texas Bowl.
BaylorRocks
UBER
LYFT
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.