Football
Sponsored by

Dino gets contract extended after 9-3 season

3,941 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by historian
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

I doubt this was an accident....in the article on the Syracuse site they list all his previous schools and leave out BU.

"Babers' rsum includes two head coaching stints, most recently at Bowling Green and previously at Eastern Illinois. Babers has held coaching positions at UCLA, Pittsburgh, Texas A&M, Arizona, San Diego State, Purdue, Northern Arizona, UNLV, Arizona State and Hawaii, his alma mater."
Grizz Air
Rsum? Is that some sort of math term? I feel like im in Sid Rich.
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
ZatchZell
Much deserved
DST
I wonder how BaylorBJM feels about this.
Mitch Blood Green
If he gets a QB, he'll go next step.
BaylorBJM
DST said:

Haha was not expecting my name to appear on this thread but I'm glad you asked. I'm happy for him, why wouldn't I be? That's badass and he earned it.

Babers posted back-to-back eight loss seasons before rattling off nine wins this year. If he was our coach and he had posted similar records the past years in Waco, I have little doubt the majority of this board would have wanted him gone immediately.

It's almost like...wait for it, he was building something up there in New York?
Aberzombie1892
With him at the helm, there is no reason why Syracuse shouldn't be able to maintain top 3 status in the ACC Atlantic with FSU and Clemson. Of course, at the same time, there is probably only a matter of time before a bigger program comes to hire him.

It's fascinating that he's been able to make his offense work with a defense to produce solid results - he is 13 points away from 11-1 with the last loss coming in part because his QB was injured early in the game - but Montgomery largely has not. The jury is out on Kendal since he hasn't been a HC yet.
muddybrazos
tommie said:

he had a good QB this year
Mitch Blood Green
muddybrazos said:

tommie said:

I didn't think he was lights out.
Guy Noir
Good for him.
muddybrazos
tommie said:

muddybrazos said:

tommie said:

Enters 2018 as the ACC active leader in quarterback rushing touchdowns (20), quarterback rushing yardage (1,239), touchdown passes (40), total offense (7,711 yards) and total offense yards per game (296.6) Fourth in conference history in career yards of total offense per game behind only Lamar Jackson (346.7), Deshaun Watson (318.3) and Jameis Winston (305.5)

um, he was pretty good
oso de esqui
Did I miss it, or was Baylor deliberately left off the list of schools where he had previously coached.
xiledinok
oso de esqui said:

Did I miss it, or was Baylor deliberately left off the list of schools where he had previously coached.

He's coached so many places, he probably forgot.
boognish_bear
oso de esqui said:

Pretty sure that was not an accident
REvansBU71
PC crud., but Dino deserves this extension! Love watching 'Cuse Football!

Any Trump

“And if you do-oo.....” - Lt. Hauk
Mitch Blood Green
muddybrazos said:

tommie said:

muddybrazos said:

tommie said:

Enters 2018 as the ACC active leader in quarterback rushing touchdowns (20), quarterback rushing yardage (1,239), touchdown passes (40), total offense (7,711 yards) and total offense yards per game (296.6) Fourth in conference history in career yards of total offense per game behind only Lamar Jackson (346.7), Deshaun Watson (318.3) and Jameis Winston (305.5)

um, he was pretty good

He's a senior. I saw him play a few times. This year. Pitt. ND.

I can appreciate the stats. I'm going by my eye test.
Mitch Blood Green
oso de esqui said:

If I'm Syracuse, I intentionally leave Baylor out of the press release.
xiledinok
tommie said:

oso de esqui said:

If I'm Syracuse, I intentionally leave Baylor out of the press release.

Some posters have said he was the guy who talked too much to PH's from the former regime's prospective. He's honest and maybe too honest.
D. C. Bear
The reason he has been a successful at Syracuse is because of his time at Baylor working under Briles and learning the offense. Good PR, and bad journalism, to leave that part out.
DST
BaylorBJM said:

DST said:

Babers posted back-to-back eight loss seasons before rattling off nine wins this year. If he was our coach and he had posted similar records the past years in Waco, I have little doubt the majority of this board would have wanted him gone immediately.
I called you out because you said, back when Syracuse was 3-0 or 4-0 whatever it was, that the only thing Babers was better at than locker room speeches was losing games. This about a guy who won at Eastern Illinois and Bowling Green and was already showing he'd rebuilt Syracuse by year 3.

Sounds like you're one of those people you're criticizing.
cowboycwr
Good for him. He has done well there and with a few more recruiting classes could start to challenge for the top in the ACC.
boognish_bear
Dino not taking Liberty for granted

cowboycwr
boognish_bear said:

What???? A power5 team playing Liberty??????

That cannot be. I have been told multiple times on this site that only Baylor and it's horrible scheduling has games like this.......
BylrFan
cowboycwr said:

boognish_bear said:

That cannot be. I have been told multiple times on this site that only Baylor and it's horrible scheduling has games like this.......
to be fair syracuse was basically kansas throughout all this decade except for last year.
cowboycwr
BylrFan said:

cowboycwr said:

boognish_bear said:

to be fair syracuse was basically kansas throughout all this decade except for last year.
Or Baylor of 98-2010.....
Michibear
BylrFan said:

cowboycwr said:

boognish_bear said:

Liberty wasn't D1 when we played them, but they are now, iirc.
Krieg
BylrFan said:

cowboycwr said:

boognish_bear said:

Which is exactly why going 4-8 his first two seasons was understandable. They went 3-9 and 4-8 the two years before he arrived. Still not a great start but like nearly every good head coach taking over a bad team year 3 was his breakout year. Let's hope Rhule can get us double digit wins this year and get us back to 2011-2015.
boognish_bear
With so much promise to start this season...after losing to NC State tonight they are now sitting at 3-3 on the year. Their 3 wins are against Liberty, Western Michigan, and Holy Cross.

Dino will have to run the table to duplicate 9-3 now.
historian
Happy for him.

The man can be inspiring:

“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.