Football
Sponsored by

Who is your NFL team?

3,332 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Bear in AL
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
I'm curious on who everybody roots for?

I'm a Dallas fan all the way but will also root for Houston.
Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
HoustonBear15
I'm a Houston fan all the way and would never root for Dallas.
Cobretti
Doc Holliday
HoustonBear15 said:

I'm a Dallas fan all the way and would never root for Houston.

BTW Dallas as a city is 100x better than the nasty, humid, overpopulated skidmark known as Houston.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
MrGolfguy
Cowboys fan 100%
contrario
Doc Holliday said:

HoustonBear15 said:

I'm a Dallas fan all the way and would never root for Houston.

BTW Dallas as a city is 100x better than the nasty, humid, overpopulated skidmark known as Houston.
Both cities are shtholes.
Beverly Hills Bear
Houston Texans fan, but like to see the Cowboys do well.
Hotsauce
Houston has a team?
Mitch Blood Green
Bears and Cowboys. If (as I expect) the Bears and Cowboys meet in Soldier. I'm Bears.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
I pull for the Texans and the Saints but I have no doubt they are both gonna break my heart!
BoonDockSaint
I was a die hard Cowboys fan until they lost the Jake the Snake and the AZ Cardinals back in 98 playoffs

I havent paid attention to NFL football since

I was DONE with Jerry Jones and his BS
GrowlTowel
Hotsauce said:

Houston has a team?
I grew up in San Antonio and never learned of the Dallas-Houston hatred. That being said, I have lived in Houston just over 20 years now and can make the following statements:

1. The team you cannot think of beat the Cowboys this season.
2. The Cowboys have won only two playoff games since I have lived in Houston. This is one less than that team you cannot think of.
3. Houston has a World Series title and Dallas does not.

Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Dealpfffdeal
GrowlTowel said:

Hotsauce said:

Houston has a team?
I grew up in San Antonio and never learned of the Dallas-Houston hatred. That being said, I have lived in Houston just over 20 years now and can make the following statements:

2. The Cowboys have won only two playoff games since I have lived in Houston. This is one less than that team you cannot think of.

This this this
Dealpfffdeal
Texans. Go Astros
Stranger
Attended my first Dallas Cowboys game at the Cotton Bowl in 1961, against the Philadelphia Eagles. Been a fan ever since.

Up or down, good or bad. Always a fan. Don't like Jerry Jones. Still a fan.

Favorite players are Don Meredith, Randy White, Bob Lilly, Hollywood Henderson, Bill Bates, Emmitt Smith, Drew Pearson and Roger Staubach.

True to my team. Kinda like the Baylor Bears.
JusHappy2BeHere
GrowlTowel said:

Hotsauce said:

Houston has a team?

Well said
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
Bear8084
GrowlTowel said:

Hotsauce said:

Houston has a team?

This, this, this. Some very ignorant views about H-Town. That said, I root for the Vikings because in 1998 I saw them destroy the hated Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day, the one where Randy Moss made them look silly, and have rooted for them ever since. I do also root for the Texans, because they my hometown team.

Also... Go 'Stros.
BearConvert
Houston Oilers 4Ever!

Illinois Bear
tommie said:

Bears and Cowboys. If (as I expect) the Bears and Cowboys meet in Soldier. I'm Bears.
BEAR DOWN
CorsicanaBear
Houston. Texans, Astros, Rockets.
Illigitimus non carborundum
BoonDockSaint
My uncle knocked TF out of me and my cousin once for cheering for the Cowboys in preseason vs the Oilers...

He hit me sooo hard i pissed my pants and flew off the bed and busted my head against the wall and told us to stfu and stay in the back room

Needless to say...we got the worst case of the giggles tho . praying he wouldnt come back and hit us again

He whooped us for saying Diana Ross was sexy as hell too

Yes....we were obnoxious AF at the time and deserved both

cowach
Cowboys. First game I saw in person, quarterback was Eddie Lebaron who was alternating with Don Meredith. Played Cleveland at home and Paul Warfield ate our lunch. I was 10 years old and sat in the end zone. I still remember the fans, many were drinking out of pint bottles. I've stuck with them despite Jerry Jones ego wasting a dozen years. I think Jones has figured it out now and they have good days ahead.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
BearConvert said:

Houston Oilers 4Ever!

Was a huge Cowboy fan growing up. I lived and breathed the Cowboys. When Jerry Jones bought the team, I became a Houston Oiler fan. Then ole Bud Adams pulled up the tent stakes and moved the team to Tennessee. Owner Bud Adams was quite a colorful character. That is for sure.

"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Big12Bear
Cowboys and Bolts. If they play each other, I'm rooting for the Cowboys though.

Dad was a Dallas Texans fan (now the Chiefs), who still hold more titles than the current Houston Texans, actually beating the Houston Oilers for the AFL Title. Its no wonder Houston has Napoleon syndrome towards Dallas, kinda like TCU/Aggy
contrario
Big12Bear said:

Dad was a Dallas Texans fan (now the Chiefs), who still hold more titles than the current Houston Texans, actually beating the Houston Oilers for the AFL Title. Its no wonder Houston has Napoleon syndrome towards Dallas, kinda like TCU/Aggy
I never understood the Houston/Dallas hatred. Both cities are more alike than they are different and both have Napoleon syndrome in many respects.

Just an outsider's opinion.
Big12Bear
contrario said:

Big12Bear said:

I never understood the Houston/Dallas hatred. Both cities are more alike than they are different and both have Napoleon syndrome in many respects.

5 Super Bowl Titles, 8 Overall Super Bowls. 1 AFL Title. Compared to...zero. Dallas is also a more complete sports town with all 4 major sports drawing very well. With Seattle just being granted a new NHL franchise, that forces Arizona to move to the Central Division. Many can see Houston as a viable candidate to taking them over in a few years, which would be welcome. But, Houston is "choke city."

Most Dallasites dont care about Houston (myself included). Houston people hate Dallas. Just my experience. My relatives who live in suburban Houston agree.
Big12Bear
contrario said:

Big12Bear said:

One more followup - the cities are nothing alike. From gulf coast and financial roots. Completely different.
Mitch Blood Green
Illinois Bear said:

tommie said:

BEAR DOWN

contrario
Big12Bear said:

contrario said:

Big12Bear said:

One more followup - the cities are nothing alike. From gulf coast and financial roots. Completely different.
If that makes you feel better, but for anyone that didn't grow up in either city and doesn't have a birth bias to unreasonably hate the other city, they are very similar.

And 5 Super Bowls are great for my grandpa's generation, but how many titles does Dallas have this millennia? How does that compare to Houston?

And you are only talking about sports. I was talking about Napoleon Syndrome across all aspects. The fact that you have to cling to the outcomes of a bygone era of sports in order to "prove" you are superior is very telling.
BluesBear
Da Bears.....,I remember skipping school to take part in the Super Bowl celebration. Later that summer my best friend and I were caught by Walter Payton cutting through his backyard.
Mitch Blood Green
TrustTheProcess said:

Da Bears.....,I remember skipping school to take part in the Super Bowl celebration. Later that summer my best friend and I were caught by Walter Payton cutting through his backyard.

You couldn't outrun Walter Payton? Slacker!
REvansBU71
I'm a fan of any team that requires a standing hand over heart during the National Anthem.
Any Trump

“And if you do-oo.....” - Lt. Hauk
FormerFlash
Cleveland Browns. Always have, always will.
Sic Everyone.
FormerFlash
REvansBU71 said:

I'm a fan of any team that requires a standing hand over heart during the National Anthem.
Let it go man.
Sic Everyone.
TrapIt4Life
Die hard Broncos
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.