Football
Sponsored by

4 star ATH Peyton Powell decommitting from Texas

3,725 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SigTauBear
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Profile->
https://sicem365.com/players/9150/peyton-powell

Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
TwoJays
First, shouldn't this be on the baseball forum?

Second, didn't he already sign a letter of intent? Unless they release him, he can't reopen his recruitment!
Wwbear
Early signing isn't until the 19th
syme
Wwbear said:

Early signing isn't until the 19th

I think he's messing with you

Grizz Air
This dude from Odessa would be the biggest grab of the 2019 class. All the experts have switched their predictions as of 12/13 to him coming to us. Looks like it might be a done deal come early signing day. Might be one of the best all-around athletes weve had since Seth Russell.
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
xiledinok
Powell would be a nice pick up but Matt Jones is a must after watching Baylor linebacker and DE play over the last decade.
Grizz Air
It's really starting to look like Powell and Kennedy Lewis are gonna be Bears on Dec. 19. This would be huge! We would be set at WR for years to come...
Grizz Air
Speaking of Texas losing out, defensive tackle Michael Williams just quit their team. I know he went to a Christian HS in Louisiana. Any chance he would transfer here and sit for a year?
Grizz Air
"We have received confirmation from multiple sources that freshman DL Mike Williams has quit the football team.
Hailed as the next Malcolm Roach, the Baton Rouge (La.) native was ranked as the #21 recruit in Louisiana in 2018, and was an exciting prospect because of his versatility on the defensive line. Mike Williams was best known during recruiting as having played quarterback for his team. He last measured in at Texas at 6'2" and 275lbs.

We have been told that he just packed up all his stuff and is no longer on campus. According to one source the staff did not get did not get much of a warning. The same source noted that one of the biggest factors in his decision is that he wanted to be closer to home"

Is Waco close enough? My guess is he goes to LSU, but it'd be really cool to get some of Texas' defectors since they cashed in on a lot of our superstar duds, like scared manchild JP Urquidez.
EasyE
Grizz Air said:

Speaking of Texas losing out, defensive tackle Michael Williams just quit their team. I know he went to a Christian HS in Louisiana. Any chance he would transfer here and sit for a year?

Virtually no one transfers within conference because the player has to sit out an extra year, not just the standard one year. Mayfield was an exception because he was a walk-on. Rami Hammad was the only player I know of who received a release without conditions that did not involve special circumstances (i.e. Baylor Basketball and the recent signees in football).
EasyE
Grizz Air said:

It's really starting to look like Powell and Kennedy Lewis are gonna be Bears on Dec. 19. This would be huge! We would be set at WR for years to come...

It's been suggested that Powell would most likely play safety.
DanaDane
Grizz Air said:

Kennedy Lewis announced today that he will be signing with Texas tomorrow.
Grizz Air
My guess is we will lose out on powell now that Fran is gone too.
SigTauBear
Bummer, but take it from an old coot like me: we'll be ok.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.