Football
Sponsored by

Rhule is staying

34,265 Views | 256 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by boognish_bear
BylrFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Took him long enough, think a deal went south? Glad to have him for at least another year.
ColomboLQ
BylrFan said:

Took him long enough, think a deal went south?
I can't wait to hear Rhule say that he was never interested in going to the Jets, but he gave them an interview out of courtesy and that he feels like he has a job to do at Baylor because he was lead here. It will be really believable.
BylrFan
ColomboLQ said:

BylrFan said:

I can't wait to hear Rhule say that he was never interested in going to the Jets, but he gave them an interview out of courtesy and that he feels like he has a job to do at Baylor because he was lead here. It will be really believable.

CorsicanaBear
Neither are we.
Illigitimus non carborundum
PartyBear
Probably means it's Gase as earlier as leaked at about 5 pm CST. Rhule is being given a few hours to save face in Waco before the announcement.

Rhule is gone if a better offer is made to him.
Krieg
Should let him go anyway. Screw that guy. He just undermined himself completely.
BellCountyBear
Maybe the Jets didn't like that he couldn't grow a real beard.
boognish_bear
It's going to be tougher walking this one back.

I have no issue with him shooting for an NFL gig if that's his dream job....I just wish he would give this at least 4 years first.

NFL flirting 2 years in a row will certainly be used by rival schools in the recruiting wars.
Doc Holliday
What an ass.

We're going to have to take 'Trust' out of 'Trust the process'.

It's simply 'the process' now.
GoldenBear007
Yikes, that's interesting
BylrFan

An attempt was made by Rhule no doubt. Who's to say he won't do it again next year.
Dman
Personally, glad he's staying. I want to see what he can do with a few more years. But cut this **** out every year. It will be used against us in recruiting.

And I better not hear.."see..he was never leaving". BS. He'd be gone if he was offered with right circumstances.
boognish_bear
Lil Sebastian
ColomboLQ said:

BylrFan said:

Honestly, this is bull***** I guess the "process" is using Baylor to achieve his own dreams. What a way to completely tank the trust and confidence that you just gained from the entire fan base
PartyBear
Krieg said:

Should let him go anyway. Screw that guy. He just undermined himself completely.

I'm curious what Rhoades had worked up or was working on?
Stefano DiMera
Y'all are straight up ****ing ******ed.
EvilTroyAndAbed
Lil Sebastian said:

ColomboLQ said:

BylrFan said:

Honestly, this is bull***** I guess the "process" is using Baylor to achieve his own dreams. What a way to completely tank the trust and confidence that you just gained from the entire fan base
Yes, that's what coaches do. It sucks for us, but it's funny that you think this isn't on every coach's mind every day until they get to where they truly want to be.
BayouCity
If it's true that he couldn't get an NFL caliber staff together then it's good for us - or at least those that want him to stay. This news will travel around the league and hopefully it will lead to less interest over the next few seasons.
PartyBear
Stefano DiMera said:

Y'all are straight up ****ing ******ed.

And your head is up your ass!!
dave714
BylrFan said:

An attempt was made by Rhule no doubt. Who's to say he won't do it again next year.
Rhule is learning lessons. He will have a staff ready next time. I still believe he stays 2 more years and then don't hold your breath.
Big12Bear
Big 'ol three egg omelette on his face. But I'm still very much looking forward to next season.
Russell Gym
This thread is great entertainment.
Big12Bear
dave714 said:

BylrFan said:

Rhule is learning lessons. He will have a staff ready next time. I still believe he stays 2 more years and then don't hold your breath.
I agree. In two years, the Giants job should be open.
DanaDane
Wish he would have gone. Not from a negative thought because he has been transition guy and done it well. But his interests are with the NFL and we need a foundation now that transition guy has finished his work and he has no interest in being foundation guy in Waco. Plus, it's understandable that he and his family want to go home to the Northeast. The players don't deserve to be put through this every year. So long and best wishes Matt. There are still other NFL gigs open.
Krieg
PartyBear said:

Krieg said:

I don't know, but whoever he'd hired would've at least wanted to be here this year.
BluesBear
That reason "didn't like the coaching staff" was a lame excuse for not getting the job. I'd think Rhule could put together a better group that KK

What a dick as well. Lame text to your coaches as if you "passed" on the job.
4th and Inches
BayouCity said:

If it's true that he couldn't get an NFL caliber staff together then it's good for us - or at least those that want him to stay. This news will travel around the league and hopefully it will lead to less interest over the next few seasons.
how many would come work for an unknown NFL commodity...
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Krieg
DanaDane said:

Wish he would have gone. Not from a negative thought because he has been transition guy and done it well. But his interests are with the NFL and we need a foundation now that transition guy has finished his work and he has no interest in being foundation guy in Waco. Plus, it's understandable that he and his family want to go home to the Northeast. The players don't deserve to be put through this every year. So long and best wishes Matt. There are still other NFL gigs open.

This.
Stranger
Rhule is staying . . .

For now.
PartyBear
Krieg said:

PartyBear said:

Krieg said:

I don't know, but whoever he'd hired would've at least wanted to be here this year.

I was wondering if had an upgrade ready to pull out of his hat. To be honest I was coming to the view that it would be best if he got an offer from the Jets.
Bear8084
CorsicanaBear said:

Neither are we.

His staff helped us get a bowl win in only his 2nd year here.

And as usual, those who trashed him and jumped to conclusions his two seasons here are...doing the same thing now.
JETHRO
Last year: "I wish the Colts would hire this guy away from us so we can get real coach."

This Year: "Boo Hoo, someone wants our coach."

It's the business. If Briles can be accepted (until his downfall) after flirting with the Longhorns, Rhule will be fine.
Y'all come back, Y'hear!
Bear8084
JETHRO said:

Last year: "I wish the Colts would hire this guy away from us so we can get real coach."

It's the business. If Briles can be accepted (until his downfall) after flirting with the Longhorns, Rhule will be fine.

YUP. And Briles was flirting with in-state rivals.
PartyBear
JETHRO said:

Briles won the XII again the next season kicked the ass of the program he talked to on the road and OU as well on the road the next season and we were in play off contention as well and then didn't make himself available to be a candidate anywhere again. That helped make a hell of an amends.
Lil Sebastian
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Lil Sebastian said:

ColomboLQ said:

BylrFan said:

Yes, that's what coaches do. It sucks for us, but it's funny that you think this isn't on every coach's mind every day until they get to where they truly want to be.
I said this in another thread, but the primary reason that I am so annoyed by this process is that he said he was called here by God. That he was "planning on wearing green for a while." He makes his purpose of coaching very faith-based. If that's the case, then his behavior shouldn't be that of a typical coach, working for selfish advancement. He should be different if he is so vocal about Christianity. Take that aspect away from Matt Rhule, and I would still be annoyed but totally understand him returning home for what was probably his childhood dream job. It makes sense. But when you make promises to players and a fan base and have your plans rooted in Christian ideals, your behavior should be markedly different.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.