Football
Sponsored by

Cardinals may trade Josh Rosen and pick Kyler Murray 1st overall

8,372 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by boognish_bear
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kyler is a hell of a college QB. Just not sure he's built to make it in the NFL. Seems like an awfully risky move for the Cardinals to consider.

Dia del DougO
A study in fake news.

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
coldhardtruth
Why take all the risks of being a NFL player when you can have your guaranteed MLB contract?

Also, I think Murray is a total bust if he goes to the NFL.
You best remember me my friend
I am the cold hard truth
-George Jones
BaseballBear1108
The combo of him and Kilff could be dangerous. And for the people who think he's too small for the NFL, I don't even think he had one scare in college of being hit hard or awkwardly. He is elusive enough to avoid contact and has a better arm than most of the QBs already.
trey3216
coldhardtruth said:

Why take all the risks of being a NFL player when you can have your guaranteed MLB contract?

Also, I think Murray is a total bust if he goes to the NFL.
Because the guaranteed $$ of being an NFL first round pick is about 4-6x his current guaranteed $$.

Because he could be a career back up in the NFL for 15 years and rake about $60-70mm.

Because it's so much harder to make the show in Baseball, and he could theoretically not make it and never make what his first NFL guaranteed contract would have paid him.
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
OldBurlyBear86
Baseball has a much stronger union than the NFL.

That is all you need to know.
boognish_bear
BaseballBear1108 said:

The combo of him and Kilff could be dangerous. And for the people who think he's too small for the NFL, I don't even think he had one scare in college of being hit hard or awkwardly. He is elusive enough to avoid contact and has a better arm than most of the QBs already.

I agree he is super elusive....but over the course of a 16 game schedule in the NFL he's sure to get popped. He just seems so slight. I think the importance of height in QBs gets overblown sometimes....but to me it just seems like his frame is too slight to hold up.

It would be must see TV though if he's starting and KK is calling the plays.
Aberzombie1892
boognish_bear said:

Kyler is a hell of a college QB. Just not sure he's built to make it in the NFL. Seems like an awfully risky move for the Cardinals to consider.
People said exactly the same thing about Baker Mayfield and everyone has seen how that has turned out.
boognish_bear
Aberzombie1892 said:

boognish_bear said:

People said exactly the same thing about Baker Mayfield and everyone has seen how that has turned out.

Baker has a much thicker and stockier frame.
Timbear
Murray seems to be a smaller , maybe quicker version of Lamar Jackson, but with a better arm. Eddie Lebaron( first Cowboy QB who was very small) says hello.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
Aberzombie1892 said:

boognish_bear said:

I didn't think Mayfield would be a great NFL QB. He's had some nice moments early, but I'll take a wait and see approach. I didn't think Manziel would work out and he's mopping up in the CFL.
Nick Nolte
This whole premise is so dumb. So as to not give a bunch of bulletin board material, KK says complimentary things of Murray 6 days before TT played OU. Now people want to hold him to it. Non-story IMHO.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
DanaDane
Laughable. Murray's rainbow throws that worked against average college DB's will get picked off in the NFL. And I would love to see a NFL lineman or LB tag that cocky SOB before he could slide.

I hope KK does draft him #1 overall since that would be as big of a farce as Kliff getting a head coaching job despite not showing any accomplishments as a head coach previously. And people wonder why there's a Rooney rule, even though it is for show only as witnessed with Kliff's hiring.
boognish_bear
BaseballBear1108
DanaDane said:

Laughable. Murray's rainbow throws that worked against average college DB's will get picked off in the NFL. And I would love to see a NFL lineman or LB tag that cocky SOB before he could slide.

I hope KK does draft him #1 overall since that would be as big of a farce as Kliff getting a head coaching job despite not showing any accomplishments as a head coach previously. And people wonder why there's a Rooney rule, even though it is for show only as witnessed with Kliff's hiring.
This is laughable. Possibly the quickest QB ever along with one of the strongest arms in college football. Rainbow throws lol? You must have been watching Brewer attempt to throw deep balls. I'm 100% a Baylor guy but this take is embarrassing.

Kilff on the other hand I agree with.
Mr Tulip
Johnny Manziel was rightly known for his self destructive lifestyle. However, athletically, he and Kyler set up about the same.

There's things you can do in the college game that don't work in the NFL. When you're set on a wide hash, you can roll, spin, and sprint your way out of trouble. In doing so, your receiver probably popped open so a shoulder only flip isn't a problem. He's standing by himself and can wait on the catch.

In the NFL, everyone else is as fast as you. You're playing the All-Star team accumulated over the last 10 years - each with nothing to do but train. RG3 proved he was a dead accurate pocket passer who could eat a few yards when the play broke down. VY proved he could throw past the LB and out-cut them to keep the drive alive.

Kyler may turn out to be an OK QB. However, the risk between his complete unknown, his utter lack of physical size, and the percent chance that he'll play MLB means I'm not taking him until maybe the 3rd round.
boognish_bear
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/breaking-down-kyler-murrays-strengths-and-weaknesses-impact-on-the-2019-nfl-draft/

"Throwing Versatility
As a top 10 overall pick in pro baseball, Murray has the physical attributes you'd expect from a middle infielder. He has a lightning-quick delivery, throws very accurately to the short and intermediate levels of the field and can make those pinpoint throws from a variety of arm angles and with his feet in less-than-ideal positions. He can turn a double play on the diamond and hit a receiver in stride on a slant from a three-quarter release point without his feet being perfectly set underneath him. Murray's throwing versatility allows him to stay productive as a passer outside of the planned structure of the play.

Arm Strength
Similar to Baker Mayfield, Murray generates more velocity than expected at his size. This part of his game is fourth on this list because, compared to today's NFL standards, Murray's arm is good, not great. He can drive the football across the field on long, out-breaking routes and stretch defenses between 50-60 yards downfield, which is around the normal in-game maximum for pro QBs."
Banned BarleyMcDougal
BaseballBear1108 said:

DanaDane said:

This is laughable. Possibly the quickest QB ever along with one of the strongest arms in college football. Rainbow throws lol? You must have been watching Brewer attempt to throw deep balls. I'm 100% a Baylor guy but this take is embarrassing.

He doesn't have one of the strongest arms in college football. It's better than Manziel's and about the same as Russell Wilson's. His max throw is around 50-55 yards in the air, which is fine, but not "strong". He is shifty though.
trey3216
BarleyMcDougal said:

BaseballBear1108 said:

DanaDane said:

He doesn't have one of the strongest arms in college football. It's better than Manziel's and about the same as Russell Wilson's. His max throw is around 50-55 yards in the air, which is fine, but not "strong". He is shifty though.
Being about the same as Russell WIlson is a real bad deal, eh
Banned BarleyMcDougal
trey3216 said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

BaseballBear1108 said:

DanaDane said:

We're talking about what a "strong" arm is, not all aspects of what it takes to be a good qb.

Eh.
trey3216
BarleyMcDougal said:

trey3216 said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

BaseballBear1108 said:

DanaDane said:

We're talking about what a "strong" arm is, not all aspects of what it takes to be a good qb.

Eh.
When was the last time you were able to accurately maneuver a pass 55 yards downfield with pads on? I'll hang up and listen
Banned BarleyMcDougal
trey3216 said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

trey3216 said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

BaseballBear1108 said:

DanaDane said:

Eh.
When was the last time you were able to accurately maneuver a pass 55 yards downfield with pads on? I'll hang up and listen
Can you? Don't be daft. We're talking about comparing arm strengths of college qbs. He has an average arm for his position. Can you throw it 80 yards like Josh Allen? Can you throw it 70 yards from your knees like Jamarcus Russell?

You might not want to post on a football message board if you don't like discussing topics. Just my 2 cents.
Aberzombie1892
BarleyMcDougal said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

boognish_bear said:

I didn't think Mayfield would be a great NFL QB. He's had some nice moments early, but I'll take a wait and see approach. I didn't think Manziel would work out and he's mopping up in the CFL.
You may still be right on Manziel, as the CFL isn't the NFL.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
Aberzombie1892 said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

boognish_bear said:

You may still be right on Manziel, as the CFL isn't the NFL.
Should have said mop-up duty. Because I think he sucks.
trey3216
BarleyMcDougal said:

trey3216 said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

trey3216 said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

BaseballBear1108 said:

DanaDane said:

Eh.
Can you? Don't be daft. We're talking about comparing arm strengths of college qbs. He has an average arm for his position. Can you throw it 80 yards like Josh Allen? Can you throw it 70 yards from your knees like Jamarcus Russell?

You might not want to post on a football message board if you don't like discussing topics. Just my 2 cents.
Not being daft by any stretch. I didn't say he had a great arm, but if it's on par with Russell Wilson than that can get the job done, if you haven't noticed (he's one of the best deep ball throwers in the league, actually has the highest QBR on deep throws). I actually could probably muster pretty close to 50 yards (no pads) given a few minutes to warm up, but I was never a QB, except in 7v7 sometimes. No, could never hit 80 or 70, and didn't care. I could throw it from the right field wall to 3rd base back in the day though.

Anyway, you may think I don't post much on a football board, because I don't post much over here, and I thought this was interesting topic. Just thought your discrediting of Kyler's arm because it's "basically like Russell Wilson's" was trending towards comically disingenuous. Every last one of us would love to have Russell Wilson's arm, and ability.
Jorkel
trey3216 said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

trey3216 said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

trey3216 said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

BaseballBear1108 said:

DanaDane said:

Eh.

Not being daft by any stretch. I didn't say he had a great arm, but if it's on par with Russell Wilson than that can get the job done, if you haven't noticed (he's one of the best deep ball throwers in the league, actually has the highest QBR on deep throws). I actually could probably muster pretty close to 50 yards (no pads) given a few minutes to warm up, but I was never a QB, except in 7v7 sometimes. No, could never hit 80 or 70, and didn't care. I could throw it from the right field wall to 3rd base back in the day though.

Anyway, you may think I don't post much on a football board, because I don't post much over here, and I thought this was interesting topic. Just thought you're discrediting of Kyler's arm because it's "basically like Russell Wilson's" was trending towards comically disingenuous. Every last one of us would love to have Russell Wilson's arm, and ability.

Agreed, Being compared to Russell Wilson is a compliment. Decent arm strength in addition to accuracy are pretty good attributes to have for a QB not to mention the "x" "it" factor or whatever you want to call it goes a long way which I think they both have
vanillabryce
Honest question, how do you know that's his max?
Banned BarleyMcDougal
vanillabryce said:

Honest question, how do you know that's his max?
I've seen most of his games and I've also watched numerous highlights and scouting videos of the kid. The furthest I've ever seen him uncork one is around 55 and that was him really airing it out.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
trey3216 said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

trey3216 said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

trey3216 said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

BaseballBear1108 said:

DanaDane said:

Eh.

Anyway, you may think I don't post much on a football board, because I don't post much over here, and I thought this was interesting topic. Just thought your discrediting of Kyler's arm because it's "basically like Russell Wilson's" was trending towards comically disingenuous. Every last one of us would love to have Russell Wilson's arm, and ability.
Again, don't put words in my mouth. I'm talking about his arm in comparison to other qb's arms. RG3 could flick a throw 45 yards. I'm not dogging this kid, I'm just saying that he doesn't have one of the strongest arms in football. There are probably 20-30 qbs in college football that can throw it farther.
possible12
So he's a tail ender in p p and k (for college qb's) with a mlb mid infielder's arm.
MilliVanilli
Seems like he'd be Michael Bishop in the NFL, expect two inches shorter...
boognish_bear
5' 10" has to be a stretch

boognish_bear
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.