Football
Sponsored by

Eleasah Anderson

21,525 Views | 137 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Grizz Air
chorne68
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why is he transfering? Violation of team rules?
Timbear
Holgerson is making noise at UH, and , since the Pros can find you anywhere, he may be going there.
Doc Holliday
Because CMR was flirting with the NFL openly, stated he's open to a new job and nobody can trust his process.

It's really that simple. He screwed up this off-season and now he's paying for it.
PartyBear
I hope you are wrong about that.
Doc Holliday
PartyBear said:

Just ask yourself how you would feel about playing under CMR as a recruit or current player:

My answer: "the guy probably won't be there much longer and I'll have to go somewhere else to avoid the fallout".
Timbear
As an AD, how would you like to try to build a football program when your HC has made it clear that he will be interviewing for other jobs EVERY year?
xiledinok
You guys are like women at the beauty shop but the women know a bit more about football.
Bear8084
xiledinok said:

You guys are like women at the beauty shop but the women know a bit more about football.

Lol, I was thinking the same thing. More jumping to conclusions by the usual suspects.
Bear8084
PartyBear said:

He is.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
So going forward, who makes it to the NFL first? Eleasah Anderson or Matt Rhule? AckAckAckAckAck!!!!!!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Dman
You guys are trying too hard. I have supported Rhule from day 1. But all other 9 schools will be using his "one foot in/one foot out" against us with recruits.

No idea If its factored into this young man. But please don't show your ass and pretend its not going to be used against us or isn't relevant. His spin about it being a good thing...is just spin. Hope he stays. Hope he quits waffling.
dave714
Doc Holliday said:

PartyBear said:

Just ask yourself how you would feel about playing under CMR as a recruit or current player:

My answer: "the guy probably won't be there much longer and I'll have to go somewhere else to avoid the fallout".
BUBear24
Dman said:

You guys are trying too hard. I have supported Rhule from day 1. But all other 9 schools will be using his "one foot in/one foot out" against us with recruits.

No idea If its factored into this young man. But please don't show your ass and pretend its not going to be used against us or isn't relevant. His spin about it being a good thing...is just spin. Hope he stays. Hope he quits waffling.
What was different from his first year with the Colts to last year with the Jets in terms of recruiting fallout? I would like to think everyone would agree this year's class has been considered a success so far in recruiting right? Perhaps the best news is the NCAA is finally going to close the door on their findings and deliver an answer this spring/summer, eliminating the more fun recruiting ammo of us getting the death penalty out of the way(which our lovely coach up north apparently loves to still use).

Logan Compton's dad is on the premium side, as are some of the other parents of the players. It's very interesting to hear their takes, and give us some perspective in the way Rhule recruited their children. He's extremely open in basically anything they want to ask him when he visits or calls.

FYI according to the mods, this has more to do with him thinking he was falling behind in the OL rotations more than anything.
TheDom
The usual suspects on here trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

But hey I get it, they need their fix. They're getting antsy needing something to whine about after that beautiful bowl win, b-ball winning big games, and Baylor Athletics in general trending positively.
Dman
BUBear24 said:

Dman said:

What was different from his first year with the Colts to last year with the Jets in terms of recruiting fallout? I would like to think everyone would agree this year's class has been considered a success so far in recruiting right? Perhaps the best news is the NCAA is finally going to close the door on their findings and deliver an answer this spring/summer, eliminating the more fun recruiting ammo of us getting the death penalty out of the way(which our lovely coach up north apparently loves to still use).

Logan Compton's dad is on the premium side, as are some of the other parents of the players. It's very interesting to hear their takes, and give us some perspective in the way Rhule recruited their children. He's extremely open in basically anything they want to ask him when he visits or calls.

FYI according to the mods, this has more to do with him thinking he was falling behind in the OL rotations more than anything.

What's different is that it was 2 years in a row of uncertainty. If you don't think every coach in the Big 12 and any other conference going after the same recruit will use that, your simply denying the obvious

Let me be clear, I have no idea if it had anything to do with this particular kid. I've supported Rhule from day 1, and still do. But I'm acknowledging that if this keeps happening...it will work against us at some point.
Grizz Air
When i saw the thread title (the ever-informative, always-popular, name-only title... [seriously, how hard is it to write "Eleasah Anderson transferring"?]), my first thought was, "Oh man, I hope this isnt terrible news about one of our promising OL transferring."

Unfortunately, i was right.
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
Lawbear
Dman said:

BUBear24 said:

Dman said:

What's different is that it was 2 years in a row of uncertainty. If you don't think every coach in the Big 12 and any other conference going after the same recruit will use that, your simply denying the obvious

Let me be clear, I have no idea if it had anything to do with this particular kid. I've supported Rhule from day 1, and still do. But I'm acknowledging that if this keeps happening...it will work against us at some point.
Better to talk about Rhule and the NFL than the "rape culture" teams have been using against BU. Granted, Livingstone, Rhoades and Rhule have made those discussions less and less relevant with all of the changes at BU, but I imagine that if Rhule can recruit very well with the rape culture crap then he can handle teams talking about him going to the NFL.

BUBear24
Dman said:

BUBear24 said:

Dman said:

I'm not doubting they're using this, but what I'm saying is they would've used it this year. Again, like Logan Compton's parents, they had that used on them and talked to Rhule, both during the recruiting and during the Jets ordeal. Obviously they liked his answers. He can spin this just as well.
Timbear
Rhule is a fantastic recruiter, and now he has something to back it up. With the new transfer rule, I guess everyone can be considered a "this season " commit, coaches and players.
Dman
BUBear24 said:

Dman said:

BUBear24 said:

Dman said:

I'm not doubting they're using this, but what I'm saying is they would've used it this year. Again, like Logan Compton's parents, they had that used on them and talked to Rhule, both during the recruiting and during the Jets ordeal. Obviously they liked his answers. He can spin this just as well.

One year is an anomaly. Year after year is a guaranteed sign of "instability" for any recruit. The effects will compound. Recruits narrow it down between favorite schools, and the smallest things make an impact. This isn't small. No positive spin from Rhule will change that. He's wanting his cake (explore nfl every year) and eating it too (stay if he didn't get the offer)..and telling us it's a positive? Uhh..nope. And for the record, that's his parogative. I'm not one of those naive dreamers like THEE who pretends there's loyalty in coaching anymore.

Again..I like him. Want him to stay. But this will have an impact the more it goes on.
bear2be2
Dman said:

BUBear24 said:

Dman said:

BUBear24 said:

Dman said:

One year is an anomaly. Year after year is a guaranteed sign of "instability" for any recruit. The effects will compound. Recruits narrow it down between favorite schools, and the smallest things make an impact. This isn't small. No positive spin from Rhule will change that. He's wanting his cake (explore nfl every year) and eating it too (stay if he didn't get the offer)..and telling us it's a positive? Uhh..nope. And for the record, that's his parogative. I'm not one of those naive dreamers like THEE who pretends there's loyalty in coaching anymore.

Again..I like him. Want him to stay. But this will have an impact the more it goes on.
Could it affect recruiting at some point? Certainly. Worrying about it before it does is a fool's errand.

This staff has recruited exceptionally well under a truly unique set of circumstances. When that performance dips, this will be worth a discussion. Until then, it's not worth getting worked up over. JMO.
Dman
Timbear said:

Rhule is a fantastic recruiter, and now he has something to back it up. With the new transfer rule, I guess everyone can be considered a "this season " commit, coaches and players.

Fair point. Under new rules He can always tell the recruits they can leave if he leaves "nothing lost". Not sure I'm good with all our recruits bailing when he does. Versus other programs building on a more solid foundation
perrynative
Maybe he can turn it into a positive. High quality transfers come on down and get one foot in the league door with a coach that eventually be there?
Dman
perrynative said:

Maybe he can turn it into a positive. High quality transfers come on down and get one foot in the league door with a coach that eventually be there?

Risky.
Hard way to build a program hoping for transfers.
Johnny Bear
Timbear said:

IMO Rhule is a good, solid recruiter, but "fantastic"....uh, no. At least not to this point. If he had turned in at least one Top 25 class so far, I would agree with "fantastic", but that hasn't happened, and yes, I'm factoring in the situation and unusual circumstances he inherited. Any qualified D1 level head coach should at least recruit well at today's Baylor. We have facilities that are at least competitive with anyone else (no, we don't have the biggest stadium, but as far as having a first class facility, we've got one). We have a high quality education to offer that at least competes favorably with anyone else and is superior to many competitors that has some added unique features such as the fact that we're unashamedly Christian based (there are still a number of potential recruits that like that). And while we clearly don't have the smartest Administration, we at least have one that is clearly committed to athletics. We need to stop comparing our recruiting to the way it was 10 years ago when our facilities were joke and it was a miracle when a four-star even gave us the time of day. A lot has changed big time and even with all the recent "scandal" junk, our expectation level for recruiting should be high.
BUbearinARK
Johnny Bear said:

Timbear said:

IMO Rhule is a good, solid recruiter, but "fantastic"....uh, no. At least not to this point. If he had turned in at least one Top 25 class so far, I would agree with "fantastic", but that hasn't happened, and yes, I'm factoring in the situation and unusual circumstances he inherited. Any qualified D1 level head coach should at least recruit well at today's Baylor. We have facilities that are at least competitive with anyone else (no, we don't have the biggest stadium, but as far as having a first class facility, we've got one). We have a high quality education to offer that at least competes favorably with anyone else and is superior to many competitors that has some added unique features such as the fact that we're unashamedly Christian based (there are still a number of potential recruits that like that). And while we clearly don't have the smartest Administration, we at least have one that is clearly committed to athletics. We need to stop comparing our recruiting to the way it was 10 years ago when our facilities were joke and it was a miracle when a four-star even gave us the time of day. A lot has changed big time and even with all the recent "scandal" junk, our expectation level for recruiting should be high.
I like your moxie johnnybear. And the positives you list are solid and true. But with all this "recent scandal junk" I'd call the recruiting "miraculous". High expectancy is a great thing and important, true. But with the bad stuff still visible in the rear view mirror and still getting three 4 -stars this year in a smaller class, I'd say upswing and potential are moving along better than I could imagine. #SicEm!!!
Grizz Air
The bad news is Anderson put his name in the transfer portal. The good news is it appears that, for now at least, he has already removed his name! I thought he was good as gone to Houston...

But it looks like he is staying, which is good.

Update: it also appears that he was hoping for a texas offer, but, even with all their free schollies from QBs leaving, they did not offer.
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
bearsocal
Grizz Air said:

The bad news is Anderson put his name in the transfer portal. The good news is it appears that, for now at least, he has already removed his name! I thought he was good as gone to Houston...

But it looks like he is staying, which is good.

Update: it also appears that he was hoping for a texas offer, but, even with all their free schollies from QBs leaving, they did not offer.

From my understanding of the rules, if Anderson transferred to UT he could only play one season.
2017 redshirt
2018 played
2019 sit out because of transfer rule
2020 play
He would not be eligible to play because Big 12 intraconference transfers are charged 1 yr of eligibility in addition to sitting the required year. IIRC
bexar country
Some of you really hung your a$$ out there and Anderson is staying after all. Abe Lincoln has some free advice for you.
historian
CMR is such a terrible recruiter.
Dman
bear2be2 said:

Dman said:

BUBear24 said:

Dman said:

BUBear24 said:

Dman said:

Could it affect recruiting at some point? Certainly. Worrying about it before it does is a fool's errand.

This staff has recruited exceptionally well under a truly unique set of circumstances. When that performance dips, this will be worth a discussion. Until then, it's not worth getting worked up over. JMO.

Worked up is a strong term. Just acknowledging the obvious. There's no way to spin this as a positive, and that isn't an insult to Rhule. And yes...life is about addressing problems and improving processes before they are problems. That's 101. Trying to sell he may leave every year "is great"..is trying too hard. Not sure why some people have to be all Negative or all sunshine in this case. The guy had a great year. He's a very good recruiter. I want him to stay. But We will never know how much better he could be otherwise. You will never know the ones who immediately jump out of consideration because they listened to the opposition recruitment.

TheDom
Dman said:

bear2be2 said:

Dman said:

BUBear24 said:

Dman said:

BUBear24 said:

Dman said:

Worked up is a strong term. Just acknowledging the obvious. There's no way to spin this as a positive, and that isn't an insult to Rhule. And yes...life is about addressing problems and improving processes before they are problems. That's 101. Trying to sell "this is great"..is trying too hard. Not sure why some people have to be all Negative or all sunshine. The guy had a great year. He's a very good recruiter. I want him to stay. But We will never know how much better he could be otherwise. You will never know the ones who immediately jump out of consideration because they listened to the opposition recruitment.

There have been several potential recruits on this site that have said they like the idea of playing for a coach the NFL is interested in.

You have your mind made up and you will ignore all evidence to the contrary.
adambear
Because at every other school a player could pick, he's guaranteed the coach will be there for his full 4-5 year career.

Right?
Dman
TheDom said:

Dman said:

bear2be2 said:

Dman said:

BUBear24 said:

Dman said:

BUBear24 said:

Dman said:

Worked up is a strong term. Just acknowledging the obvious. There's no way to spin this as a positive, and that isn't an insult to Rhule. And yes...life is about addressing problems and improving processes before they are problems. That's 101. Trying to sell "this is great"..is trying too hard. Not sure why some people have to be all Negative or all sunshine. The guy had a great year. He's a very good recruiter. I want him to stay. But We will never know how much better he could be otherwise. You will never know the ones who immediately jump out of consideration because they listened to the opposition recruitment.

There have been several potential recruits on this site that have said they like the idea of playing for a coach the NFL is interested in.

You have your mind made up and you will ignore all evidence to the contrary.

This seems to be a touchy subject for a few. Why? Why try so hard?

That's great regarding those recruits. But that's not evidence that it couldn't be better, and your not losing others. We KNOW for a fact it will be used against us. You will never know about the others. You won't get quotes from them.

There are many other ways to sell your "nfl" connections and pipeline than.."I'm going to re-evaluate" every year.

Now Who has their mind made up?

historian
If a HS player is so stupid that he will choose Texas or TCU over Baylor because the NFL likes our coach, then maybe we don't want him. That kind of player might be more likely to make stupid mistakes on the field. Let the Texas players cough up the fumbles, drop the balls, miss the tackles, get the foolish penalties (although not always called*), etc. We have had enough of those problems ourselves but no one can honestly say that the 2018 Baylor team was not noticeably improved from the 2017 team.

*It seems like every time Baylor plays Texas, there are blatant bad calls by the official. This one may be the worst in recent years:

Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.