Football
Sponsored by

Former NFL and Texas Longhorns quarterback Vince Young was arrested early Monday in M

3,886 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Banned BarleyMcDougal
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
JXL
He never did show any glimmerings of intelligence off the football field.

But I hope this is a wake-up call and that he'll get his life together before he kills someone on the road.
Reverend
4:30 am is when he should be getting up. Hate to see this happen to him.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
Reverend said:

4:30 am is when he should be getting up. Hate to see this happen to him.
You wouldn't if you knew what's lurking in the Austin PD database for ol' Vince.
YoakDaddy
I wonder if he even had enough money to post bail.
Aliceinbubbleland
UT football would almost be invisible if it were not for Vince Young. Remove him from the line up and you have a very very average program.
vanillabryce
Sadly, this was one of Texas' top 10 drives of the season.
hodedofome
Hasn't he been arrested for this before?
Dnicknames
Aliceinbubbleland said:

UT football would almost be invisible if it were not for Vince Young. Remove him from the line up and you have a very very average program.

Didn't they just win the Sugar Bowl?
TheAgentGrant
Really a good guy. We met him at a movie premier in austin a few months back.
I completely changed my opinion of him after that night.
Very, very nice and very generous demeanor. Sad to see.
RR/BV
Honor honor Landry......
whitetrash
YoakDaddy said:

I wonder if he even had enough money to post bail.
If he gets a 30 cent royalty check every time LHN shows the 2006 Rose Bowl he'll never go broke.
BU82EX
I played in a golf tournament with him recently and he WAS the entertainment in our group. I came away with the impression that he was still just a big kid. For someone who is now in their mid-30's with kids (and responsibility?), he acted like he was still in college. I also think that UT has been an enabler. He's still on the payroll for what he did in 2006 and I believe the athletic department and his posse have taken full advantage of him.
Johnny Bear
BU82EX said:

I played in a golf tournament with him recently and he WAS the entertainment in our group. I came away with the impression that he was still just a big kid. For someone who is now in their mid-30's with kids (and responsibility?), he acted like he was still in college. I also think that UT has been an enabler. He's still on the payroll for what he did in 2006 and I believe the athletic department and his posse have taken full advantage of him.
Isn't it fairly evident that a big reason he's on the payroll at UT is just so the university can insure they won't have to experience the embarrassment of having one of their all-time football greats living under a bridge somewhere with a hand made "I will work for food" sign?
xiledinok
Life after football for a score of 7 on the Wonderlic. Texas should try to help him.
boognish_bear
RR/BV
College degree from there and can't read
gobears20
Staff
And don't forget Ricky lolol

[url=https://imgbb.com/][/url]
UBBY
Yeah my brother used to live in Austin and worked as a waiter at a steakhouse. Vince young walked in one day with two girls under his arms and about a 15 person posse. Didn't have to pay for his meal either.
That entitlement could definitely skew your perspective.
BaylorBJM
gobears20 said:

I'm not sure many will fault Ricky for his actions and deservedly so.

Drinking and driving however, is a completely different matter.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
BaylorBJM said:

gobears20 said:

I'm not sure many will fault Ricky for his actions and deservedly so.

Drinking and driving however, is a completely different matter.
WAT? I can find plenty to fault with Ricky and the, allow me to borrow a term here from University of Texas DUMBASSES, culture of ENABLING athletes at UT. They sure had a ton of kids that got busted by the law but passed every drug test at school. Hmm...that's odd. The Austin media never questioned that. Boys will be boys I guess...right Cedric Golden, Suzy Halliburton, Kirk Bohls, etc...?

Sergio Kindle destroys an apartment complex and all is forgiven.

I mean Vince Young made a 6? on the Wonderwheremybrainislich test. But he's got a degree from UT? That should make all those kids proud that their degrees mean nothing so long as you're a big ol' boy that can play football. Shoot these UT apologists are on their board right now saying "Hope ol' Vince can pull it together!" Hilarious. These dudes are like Patton Oswalt in Big Fan. They'd let UT football players teabag them and then they'd ask if they need more servicing.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.