Football
Sponsored by

I have seen two very early pre season top 25 polls being tweeted about.

5,396 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by boognish_bear
PartyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We are in both. In one were 25 and another one we were about 22 or 23.
Grizz Air
Thats good to hear. If I'm being honest, I might put us in the top 30 or 35, but top 25 is stretching it at this point. Im glad some people out there really believe in us though. At any rate, I will take the hype that comes with narrowly beating the worst SEC team!!!
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
bularry
I don't think we're top 25, but I'll take the positive press
EasyE
Grizz Air said:

Thats good to hear. If I'm being honest, I might put us in the top 30 or 35, but top 25 is stretching it at this point. Im glad some people out there really believe in us though. At any rate, I will take the hype that comes with narrowly beating the worst SEC team!!!

Vanderbilt was way better than Arkansas and Tennessee.
Bear8084
Grizz Air said:

They weren't the worst.

And good press is good press. I don't think we are Top 25, yet, but close. It sure goes against the negative narrative of some on here that predict they'll never see us ranked ever again.
PartyBear
I honestly think we are better than most of us even think. I think even better than we appeared in the bowl. I'm not making any kind of claim or prediction about next season. I just think it is all coming together under Rhule now. Kind of like about where we were after the 10 season when it all started to come together under Briles. Again I'm not claiming next season will be like 11. Just that it is starting to come back together again.
oldbear69
PartyBear said:

I honestly think we are better than most of us even think. I think even better than we appeared in the bowl. I'm not making any kind of claim or prediction about next season. I just think it is all coming together under Rhule now. Kind of like about where we were after the 10 season when it all started to come together under Briles. Again I'm not claiming next season will be like 11. Just that it is starting to come back together again.
TAp the brakes. Party animal....first beat somebody with a winning record... now go back to partying..
PartyBear
Well I'll count OSU who had a winning season and a couple other wins we had that actually created the losing record for those programs (Tech and Vandy). Anyway as I said I'm not making any claim that we will be in the top 10 next season just that the program under Rhule is starting to come together I think.
Aberzombie1892
The Top 25 ranking do not look at a program in abstract - they also look at the schedule. Given that Baylor doesn't play anyone OOC and the turnover in regard to coaches in conference, Baylor could easily have a solid year.

If we assume:
3 OOC wins
Wins over Kansas and Kansas State
Losses to Texas and Oklahoma

That leaves it at 5-2 with 5 games remaining which, in theory, could all be 50/50 games. 7-5 through 9-3 for the regular season are all on the table. 10-2 is possible, but it's highly unlikely that Baylor would be perfect against ISU, TCU, OSU, TTU, and WVU.
Robert Wilson
Schedule shapes up well for this team on the upswing. We are going to make some noise next year.
MilliVanilli
Robert Wilson said:

Schedule shapes up well for this team on the upswing. We are going to make some noise next year.
Barring serious injury 8-4 to 10-2 should be ours to seize.

I fully expect an Alamo Bowl appearance or more.
Forest Bueller
With the schedule set up expect to be ranked in the top #25 at some point early on.

It's not out of the question to start 7-0.
ColomboLQ
MilliVanilli said:

Robert Wilson said:

Barring serious injury 8-4 to 10-2 should be ours to seize.

I fully expect an Alamo Bowl appearance or more.
With the way the schedule is set up, less than 8 wins would be a severe disappointment.
Pat Neff
Will be interesting to see if we have the luxury of facing 4 backup QBs on our schedule like we did last year.
Jacques Strap
Any poll that has BU in the top 25 is okay with me.
BaylorBJM
oldbear69 said:

PartyBear said:

TAp the brakes. Party animal....first beat somebody with a winning record... now go back to partying..
OldBear- your "Fire Rhule Now" thread hasn't aged well has it?
Pat Neff
Would one of you that is in the know help me to understand how " it is all coming together defensively"?

We were a defensive train wreck in the bowl game. We were down 41 -0 at the half at wva and OU had 11 plays of 20yds or more against us. Not to mention that we didn't beat a single team with a record better than 6-6.

How is that coming together?

Happy to hear opinions.
oldbear69
BaylorBJM said:

oldbear69 said:

PartyBear said:

hell baylor BJ...thought it was a pretty good thread,,,,,,lot of responses.....thanks for giving it a plug...btw, you might want to work on your user name...this is a baptist institution...
BaylorBJM
oldbear69 said:

BaylorBJM said:

oldbear69 said:

PartyBear said:

hell baylor BJ...thought it was a pretty good thread,,,,,,lot of responses.....thanks for giving it a plug...btw, you might want to work on your user name...this is a baptist institution...
There's a pro-antivax thread on the R&P board with a lot of responses too. Your fire Rhule thread has about as many low information, low IQ, posts as that one.

But I'm glad you're getting those clicks bro!
oldbear69
BaylorBJM said:

oldbear69 said:

BaylorBJM said:

oldbear69 said:

PartyBear said:

There's a pro-antivax thread on the R&P board with a lot of responses too. Your fire Rhule thread has about as many low information, low IQ, posts as that one.

But I'm glad you're getting those clicks bro!
..........thanks , BJ for keeping the thread alive....
Aberzombie1892
Pat Neff said:

Would one of you that is in the know help me to understand how " it is all coming together defensively"?

We were a defensive train wreck in the bowl game. We were down 41 -0 at the half at wva and OU had 11 plays of 20yds or more against us. Not to mention that we didn't beat a single team with a record better than 6-6.

How is that coming together?

Happy to hear opinions.

Who said "it is all coming together defensively"?

Regardless, posters with a positive outlook are likely pointing to the significant improvement from 2017 to 2018, the new culture of the program, the solid recruiting (only the 2012-2014 and 2018 recruiting classes were better), and the fact that the program appears to held in high regard nationally going into 2019.

Basically, there is relatively little to not be positive about.

Also, what was Oklahoma State's final record, 7-6?
Pat Neff
"I honestly think we are better than most of us even think. I think even better than we appeared in the bowl. I'm not making any kind of claim or prediction about next season. I just think it is all coming together under Rhule now. Kind of like about where we were after the 10 season when it all started to come together under Briles. Again I'm not claiming next season will be like 11. Just that it is starting to come back together again."

Partybear

Please show me physical evidence that it is coming together defensively.

Oh...forgive me for not catching that 7-6

Aberzombie1892
Pat Neff said:

"I honestly think we are better than most of us even think. I think even better than we appeared in the bowl. I'm not making any kind of claim or prediction about next season. I just think it is all coming together under Rhule now. Kind of like about where we were after the 10 season when it all started to come together under Briles. Again I'm not claiming next season will be like 11. Just that it is starting to come back together again."

Partybear

Please show me physical evidence that it is coming together defensively.

Oh...forgive me for not catching that 7-6

Partybear didn't specifically say "defensively", and was likely referring to everything above.

Mainstream college football predictors are legitimately predicting that Baylor will be a fringe top 25 team in 2019. It's difficult to look at that and then look at what Partybear said - "I just think it is all coming together under Rhule now" - and not know what was meant there.
Pat Neff
Apologies. Didn't realize this wasn't a fact based discussion. Now that I know that it is meant to be a 30,000 ft commentary..... I'll move on.
Aberzombie1892
Pat Neff said:

Apologies. Didn't realize this wasn't a fact based discussion. Now that I know that it is meant to be a 30,000 ft commentary..... I'll move on.

Didn't this whole side discussion start with a factual misquote of Partybear? Not a mere misinterpretation, but a literal misquote with parenthesis?
Pat Neff
When someone says " it is all coming together"....shouldn't there be a disclaimer if the defense isn't included? How in the world was that a misquote?

When I read "ALL COMING TOGETHER" that means the entire program...defense and all....what does "ALL" mean to you?

How did you know that "defense" was excluded? Are you psychic?

DanaDane
We're the 3rd best team in the Big 12, maybe even 2nd. Should be ranked somewhere between 12 to 16. We will lose to either UT or OU, but not both. We will lose one other game where we lay an egg in a road game that we will be favored to win, probably Stillwater
Stranger
A winning record would be nice.

A winning record with wins over any team with a winning record would be even nicer.

That would be an improvement over 2018.
I'm a Bearbacker
Aberzombie1892
Stranger said:

A winning record would be nice.

A winning record with wins over any team with a winning record would be even nicer.

That would be an improvement over 2018.
2018:

Winning record? Yes. 7-6.

Winning record with a win over a team with a winning record? Yes. Oklahoma State.

It's unclear how achieving the same benchmarks in 2019 that were achieved in 2018 would be an improvement.
LIB,MR BEARS
Is "coming together" better than "right direction" or is "right direction" better than "coming together"? These advanced football terms are a bit over my head.

On second thought, they aren't "over my head" but rather they are "beyond me".

I have the facts to back up the second paragraph so, if you want to challenge me on this, BRING IT!
boognish_bear
Go ahead and order your tickets for the liberty bowl...Baylor is projected to play Kentucky there

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.