Football
Sponsored by

O STEWART IN NEW LEAGUE

6,046 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by boognish_bear
settegast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Making an impact by recording his first INT and returned it for 70 yrds.
Sic em every day in every league
BaylorOkie
I just turned it on and saw that play, didn't know that was him, very cool.

So what is this league? I had no idea it existed.
geewago
I'm loving this. I hope they make it. I may just head down to SA and watch a game or two.
BU84BEAR
Jim Grobe SA Defensive Coordinator. Cyril Richardson started. I think Porter is Mo Porter but not certain.
cowach
I also see Mo Porter and Cyril Richardson side by side on the O Line
cowach
BU84BEAR said:

Jim Grobe SA Defensive Coordinator. Cyril Richardson started. I think Porter is Mo Porter but not certain.
Definitely Mo Porter. I also see Bill Bradley coaching DBs
boognish_bear
Ish Zamorah is on the team too i think
boognish_bear
settegast
Every coach in the league is a former NFL coach or player. ISH is not on the SA team. League will be over in time for players to attend NFL CAMPS. League will use it as a minor league. They don't want it to be a gimmick league. Everyone is signed to a 3 yr contact. Many players played in the NFL or camp.
settegast
Stewart had 2 ints but 1 called back. Way to represent BIG STEW
MrGolfguy
settegast said:

Every coach in the league is a former NFL coach or player.
Mike Singletary is the head coach for the Memphis team
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
boognish_bear
settegast said:

Every coach in the league is a former NFL coach or player. ISH is not on the SA team. League will be over in time for players to attend NFL CAMPS. League will use it as a minor league. They don't want it to be a gimmick league. Everyone is signed to a 3 yr contact. Many players played in the NFL or camp.

In August Ish signed with them...wonder what happened?
boognish_bear
dave714
Who cares about that kid. Don't forget he was LOL at Baylor during the 1-11 year on twitter.
Dia del DougO
Mike Singletary's Memphis team is playing at 3PM on Fox Sports 1.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
settegast
Dia del DougO said:

And he has a fellow bear on the squad,
#85 Cordon Moog
KOKQB70
Crowd yesterday was 27,000 for first game. Not bad. Orlando killed someone yesterday, and will be in S.A. this Sunday, hoping crowd over 30K, go Commanders and Baylor connections.
4th and Inches
They are out drawing NBA in head to head ratings, we will see if it holds as the season progresses.
xiledinok
Gruvin said:

They are out drawing NBA in head to head ratings, we will see if it holds as the season progresses.
What NBA game did they beat in head to head ratings?
What's the over\under on number of seasons this league will last.
CorsicanaBear
Quote:

All of them at my house, but that sample size is likely too small to be statistically valid.

The amount of time this league lasts will be determined by their success toward their major goals which are centered on fan engagement with their app through fantasy games and gambling. They have stated several times that they are a tech play with a football league. The league is there to demonstrate what the platform can do. If the league folds, but the platform sells they'll be good with that.

I downloaded their app, then uninstalled it. I'm not their customer. I don't want to bet or play fantasy football (too much damn work). I sure as hell don't want to engage with players (I prefer they shut up, play ball, collect their checks, open a steakhouse or car dealership when they retire). I just want to watch football games.

On the other hand, they could survive for years as an NFL D league.
Illigitimus non carborundum
xiledinok
CorsicanaBear said:

Quote:

All of them at my house, but that sample size is likely too small to be statistically valid.

The amount of time this league lasts will be determined by their success toward their major goals which are centered on fan engagement with their app through fantasy games and gambling. They have stated several times that they are a tech play with a football league. The league is there to demonstrate what the platform can do. If the league folds, but the platform sells they'll be good with that.

I downloaded their app, then uninstalled it. I'm not their customer. I don't want to bet or play fantasy football (too much damn work). I sure as hell don't want to engage with players (I prefer they shut up, play ball, collect their checks, open a steakhouse or car dealership when they retire). I just want to watch football games.

On the other hand, they could survive for years as an NFL D league.
Perhaps the ratings in SA beat the national NBA games on ABC. I doubt they would beat the Spurs ratings.
The NFL network reruns are a good view.
TSUBoogie
dave714 said:

Who cares about that kid. Don't forget he was LOL at Baylor during the 1-11 year on twitter.
Pissed off kid who felt BU didn't have his or fellow teammates back when they needed them the most. That senior class went through a lot of BS that was not known to the public.
Dia del DougO
The quality of football was pretty good and should only get better. It's not a bad product and people are hungry for not just football, but anything to watch on TV. It was a good idea at the right time. If it keeps going a couple more years it should get even better, but still against the odds that it will last.

Lots of good players out there that were just on the edge of the NFL, though, so it has a chance to stick around.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
cowboycwr
settegast said:

Dia del DougO said:

#85 Cordon Moog
I remember the other names in this thread. This name I do not remember.
Dia del DougO
cowboycwr said:

settegast said:

Dia del DougO said:

#85 Cordon Moog

Me either. My memory banks do not synthesize a result for that name with Baylor history.
cowboycwr
Dia del DougO said:

cowboycwr said:

settegast said:

Dia del DougO said:

#85 Cordon Moog

Me either. My memory banks do not synthesize a result for that name with Baylor history.
So I was curious about it and did a search and found this story:

https://heartlandcollegesports.com/2019/02/09/big-12-talent-floods-alliance-of-american-football/

from the article-

Cordon Moog, RB, Baylor: This seems sketchy. Well, it is, kind of. If you didn't remember a Cordon Moog at Baylor, that's because he didn't play football there. He appears to have played rugby. He's a 6-foot-5, 214 pound running back now in the AAF. What we also did find is a wedding registry for Cordon Moog and Rebecca Singletary in Terrell, Texas. Mike Singletary is the head coach of the Memphis Express. The former 49er's coach was most recently at Trinity Christia in Addison, Texas.

cowboycwr
I also saw that Jeremy Faulk is on the roster for the Birmingham team. He lists Garden City CC (not surprisingly since he never played here). On a side note the team roster for that team looks like just a bunch of Alabama alums with a few other guys sprinkled in.
xiledinok
It's the equivalent of watching the 4th quarter of an NFL preseason game at the start of training camp.
The league was dogged out yesterday pretty good nationally. The low lights were to a point you could see more enjoyable football at a high school game.
cowboycwr
xiledinok said:

It's the equivalent of watching the 4th quarter of an NFL preseason game at the start of training camp.
The league was dogged out yesterday pretty good nationally. The low lights were to a point you could see more enjoyable football at a high school game.
Where did they get dogged yesterday? Most of the articles I have seen have been positive reviews. Things like how they had better ratings than and NBA game, What the NFL can learn from them, what the new league does right, etc.
xiledinok
cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

Where did they get dogged yesterday? Most of the articles I have seen have been positive reviews. Things like how they had better ratings than and NBA game, What the NFL can learn from them, what the new league does right, etc.

The PTI guys were laughing at it. Looked like high school was the report from a guy laughing about it I spoke with yesterday afternoon.
cowboycwr
xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

The PTI guys were laughing at it. Looked like high school was the report from a guy laughing about it I spoke with yesterday afternoon.
So two ESPN guys laughed at it and one random person who you talked to???? I would not call that much of a national dogging of it......
xiledinok
cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

So two ESPN guys laughed at it and one random person who you talked to???? I would not call that much of a national dogging of it......

It wasn't just them. It's hard to find people who would admit they watched it.

I'll ask around some more.
cowboycwr
xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

The ratings say differently. But keep sampling your small circle while the national media had mostly good things to say and TV ratings showed people watched.
GShack
cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

The ratings say differently. But keep sampling your small circle while the national media had mostly good things to say and TV ratings showed people watched.

Yep. What an assclown.
xiledinok
It looked like the 4th quarter of a preseason game.
The NFL loves it because it has a reserve of practice squad space and roster fills ready to get blasted come training camp. It is good news for the CFL too. They can see which ones they weeded out and see if they have improved.

The mainstream guys were dogging it out and laughing at it.
Some guys don't know when to hang up the cleats.
Where is KD Cannon? I figured he would be out walking through practice drills and lecturing practice league quarterbacks on where to place the ball.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.