Football
Sponsored by

BU among top teams with most OL selected in NFL Draft since 2010

3,848 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Thee University
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MilliVanilli
Travis Frederick - Wisconsin
Zach Martin - Notre Dame
Tyron Smith - USC

Were the creme of the crop of all of these picks.
BoonDockSaint
We would be at the top had Briles still been our coach
Thee University
BoonDockSaint said:

How many of those are still playing in the NFL today?
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
BoonDockSaint
Thee University said:

BoonDockSaint said:

Whats your point ?

If you would have gotten drafted and at least had a chance....but not been successful in the league.

Would you have been glad you at least had the chance ??
Thee University
BoonDockSaint said:

Thee University said:

BoonDockSaint said:

Whats your point ?

If you would have gotten drafted and at least had a chance....but not been successful in the league.

When you make BS comments like we would have been at the top had slash, burn and walk away still been coaching it deserves a reality check.

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Brian Ethridge
Staff
There were rumblings in the recruiting world that Baylor OL were not prepared for NFL schemes. I know negative recruiting was going on to that affect from schools around the state.
Doc Holliday
Thee University said:

BoonDockSaint said:

Thee University said:

BoonDockSaint said:

Whats your point ?

When you make BS comments like we would have been at the top had slash, burn and walk away still been coaching it deserves a reality check.

Will CMR be able to match those numbers? I hope he does.
BoonDockSaint
Thee University said:

BoonDockSaint said:

Thee University said:

BoonDockSaint said:

Whats your point ?

Not really. What reality check ?

Its the NFLs job to do their due diligence and draft the right guys

Its a college coaching staff's job to coach the kids they recruit to win games in college....

If they get drafted. Thats merely icing on the cake...its not the be all goal for a college football staff
Thee University
You said we would be at the top (over Alabama & everyone else) had slash & burn & roll on down I35 been coaching.

I threw a flag and called BS by asking how many of those 7 are still in the NFL. Legitimate question that might solidify your comment. However, I feel the question exposed your BS post because as near as I can tell none of them finished the season out on an NFL roster.
Doc Holliday
Thee University said:

You said we would be at the top (over Alabama & everyone else) had slash & burn & roll on down I35 been coaching.

I threw a flag and called BS by asking how many of those 7 are still either in the NFL. Legitimate question that might solidify your comment. However, I feel the question exposed your BS post because as near as I can tell none of them finished the season out on an NFL roster.
And that's Art Briles and his staff's fault?
REX
Thee University said:

I threw a flag and called BS by asking how many of those 7 are still in the NFL. Legitimate question that might solidify your comment. However, I feel the question exposed your BS post because as near as I can tell none of them finished the season out on an NFL roster.

How many of them were 4-5 star players coming out of high school ?
Legitimate question
Thee University
Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

I threw a flag and called BS by asking how many of those 7 are still either in the NFL. Legitimate question that might solidify your comment. However, I feel the question exposed your BS post because as near as I can tell none of them finished the season out on an NFL roster.
Partially. Yes. Yes it is.

I was constantly told on this board how slash & burn and move on down I35 took 2 & 3 stars and coached them up. If they were being coached up so much how come so few of them (OL, DL, DB, RB, QB, LB) are still playing today?
Thee University
REX said:

Thee University said:

Legitimate question

Daddy's boys!
Doc Holliday
Thee University said:

Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

I was constantly told on this board how slash & burn and move on down I35 took 2 & 3 stars and coached them up. If they were being coached up so much how come so few of them (OL, DL, DB, RB, QB, LB) are still playing today?
If they weren't being coached up then how in the hell did CAB win 2 Big12 championships?

The vast majority of those drafted don't play or have long careers statistically and that goes for any team on this list.

This thread is just you justifying your hatred of Art Briles because you think your way of football is the best way. You haven't coached college football a day in your life and have no room to talk.
xiledinok
The line scheme and the quarterback scheme Fake Art ran does not translate to the NFL. Look how many quarterbacks get hurt in the offense. I cannot wait to see Florida State mow through quarterbacks to the point Willie starts being realized as FSU's version of John Blake.
The linemen developed in the old scheme never put their hands on the ground, which is a big part of blocking in the NFL.
Thee University
Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

If they weren't being coached up then how in the hell did CAB win 2 Big12 championships?

The vast majority of those drafted don't play or have long careers statistically and that goes for any team on this list.

This thread is just you justifying your hatred of Art Briles because you think your way of football is the best way. You haven't coached college football a day in your life and have no room to talk.
I coached a BU sorority deep into the playoffs one year after they had never made it before.

You guys are missing the point of the original correction of a revisionist history attempt. Sometimes I wonder how most of you ever graduated from Baylor. You are cheapening my degree!!!!

No hatred. Supreme disappointment. Book it Dano!
BoonDockSaint
Thee University said:

I said we'd still be at the top considering CAB and company havent been in Waco in what 3 4 years ?

All momentum was lost....

And the entire post is about the number of OL drafts at school since....

Surely if you read slower....you might have been able to see that it didn't ask how many are successful in the NFL

Getting drafted is the selling point to recruits....point blank

Its a thousand reasons draftees are not successful once they get drafted and NONE of them has anything to do with how good they are
REX
Thee University said:

REX said:

Thee University said:

Legitimate question

Daddy's boys!

So no answer
By the way how many boys don't have daddy's?
Brian Ethridge
Staff
REX said:

Thee University said:

Legitimate question

Walton 2 star (Morriss), living the dream
Smith 2 star (Morriss), living on his ranch
Watkins 4 star, firefighter
Griffin 4 star, was in arena last I remember
Richardson 3 star, AAF
Drango 4 star, practice squad
Fuller 3 star, NFL active
Thee University
BoonDockSaint said:

Its a thousand reasons draftees are not successful once they get drafted and NONE of them has anything to do with how good they are
?????????????????
MilliVanilli
Brian Ethridge said:

There were rumblings in the recruiting world that Baylor OL were not prepared for NFL schemes. I know negative recruiting was going on to that affect from schools around the state.
Isn't that a rumbling against spread offenses in general?

UT and Tech and OU haven't been lighting up the NFL with impressive OL prospects either the last decade plus.

Brian Ethridge
Staff
MilliVanilli said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Isn't that a rumbling against spread offenses in general?

UT and Tech and OU haven't been lighting up the NFL with impressive OL prospects either the last decade plus.

When you are told by prospects certain teams not running the spread, back then, then they switched to the Briles-lite spread, it was curious.
BoonDockSaint
Thee University said:

BoonDockSaint said:

?????????????????

Oops. There are a thousand draftees that are not successful in the NFL

And many of those reasons they arent has nothing to do with how good they are or talent level

boognish_bear
Thee University
9 months ago?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.