Football
Sponsored by

Most gutsy "play call" in BU history?

2,000 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Russell Gym
Waco1947
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1. Briles' call of Pass from Kendall to RG against ???? TCU or OU?
2. Morriss' call for 2 pt conversion again A & M for the win
Waco1947
I realized later I meant "call" not play.
Michibear
"With no way to stop the clock, under 20 seconds to play, inside the ten-yard line, all Kevin Steele had to do was instruct Jermaine Alfred to take a knee (we doubt Baylor had anything resembling a "victory" formation) and the game was over. Instead, and for reasons still debated today, Steele called a running play to Darrel Bush over right guard. UNLV players later admitted they were furious when they saw Baylor go into a huddle and vowed not to let the Bears get across the goal line."

Note: Gutsy does not equal great, or good, or rational, or well-thought-out. Gutsy is a gamble, and sometimes it's a very stupid gamble.

?format=1000w

Wrecks Quan Dough
Michibear said:

"With no way to stop the clock, under 20 seconds to play, inside the ten-yard line, all Kevin Steele had to do was instruct Jermaine Alfred to take a knee (we doubt Baylor had anything resembling a "victory" formation) and the game was over. Instead, and for reasons still debated today, Steele called a running play to Darrel Bush over right guard. UNLV players later admitted they were furious when they saw Baylor go into a huddle and vowed not to let the Bears get across the goal line."

Note: Gutsy does not equal great, or good, or rational, or well-thought-out. Gutsy is a gamble, and sometimes it's a very stupid gamble.

?format=1000w

That was the most gutsy call ever. The icing on the cake was that the ball just happened to wander into the hands of the fastest guy on the field. Sayonara!
Wrecks Quan Dough
Johnny Bear
Waco1947 said:

1. Briles' call of Pass from Kendall to RG against ???? TCU or OU?
2. Morriss' call for 2 pt conversion again A & M for the win
The pass to RGIII you're referring to happened against TCU in the opening game of the 2011 season (was a non-con game in the season before TCU became a B12 member) and kept the drive alive that led to the field goal by "The Stork" that won the game.
Johnny Bear
Carlos Safety said:

Over the course of now almost 60 years of watching football, I can't think of a worse example of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory that I've seen at any level above Pop Warner.
Russell Gym
Bell to Ziegler 2-point conversion vs. Texas A&M. Winner take all on final OT play.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.