Football
Sponsored by

Reseating

13,913 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by chukronos
BaylorGrad&Dad
How long do you want to ignore this user?

I was able to upgrade my seats today. I moved from Section 307 to Section 306, Row 2. The system worked flawlessly this time, and I'm pleased with the outcome. If these new seats are what I expect, I don't think I'll ever try to change again.

One thing, though: Since these seats are on Row 2, Mrs. BaylorGrad&Dad may be nervous about being so close to the edge......(she's deathly afraid of heights).
No Longer Gold
This whole thing SUCKS!!!

If I don't get my current seats, I won't buy them.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
DubDub said:

This whole thing SUCKS!!!

If I don't get my current seats, I won't buy them.

Agree. I was not real happy about my reseating either but I felt like it had to be done.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
beausbears
Why do you feel it had to be done? With decreasing demand and an open ncaa investigation I think there was not a good reason to do a reseat.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
beausbears said:

Why do you feel it had to be done? With decreasing demand and an open ncaa investigation I think there was not a good reason to do a reseat.

I had heard there were 9,000 people on the waiting list for tickets. Although season ticket holders for 22 years, the wife and I decided to give ours up so others could have the opportunity to enjoy Baylor Football in person. I got reseated to my living room couch.

-- Barack Obama
ImwithBU
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

beausbears said:

I had heard there were 9,000 people on the waiting list for tickets. Although season ticket holders for 22 years, the wife and I decided to give ours up so others could have the opportunity to enjoy Baylor Football in person. I got reseated to my living room couch.

LOL. Tha wait list evaporate damn near overnight after that 1-11 season. Season tickets were available during the season, in fact Baylor reached out to see if others wanted more tickets. You could buy tickets to any game except for homecoming the week of the game. The reseating was planned before the whole Scandal thing went down. Got to pay for the stadium somehow.
sahen
I have been a ticket holder for over 10 years so my seats are safe this time. I did opt in to look around when my time comes up and see what is available though I highly doubt I change my tickets. Will be interesting to see how many holes there are - I am pretty far down the donor list so I would think most premium seats will be taken by the time my turn comes up.
BaylorRocks
The reseating process is a terrible testimony to college athletics today: its all about the money!

I have been a holder of numerous seats for numerous consecutive years dating back to the Case (not 10 though), my BBF foundation giving level is more than 80% of the members, I am in the top 13% overall giving rankings, and could not hold my seats !?!?!?!? They were allowed to be taken by any Schmo that comes in last year and gives a little more than me? Perhaps for the first time ever to BBF?!?!?!

Terribly disappointed in the BBF.

Now, I have seats away from the group around me these past years in McLane that I grew to really enjoy. And vice versa. We became friends.

The reseating is about generating for money, not the true fans. Might be my last season.......
GrowlTowel
I have 5 tickets in section 105 and was the 181st person to pick, which was at 10:30 am on the second day of picking. Nothing was better in 105 or 106 so it was an exercise in futility for me. Kept what I had.
Claylor
TXWayne
I have was not exempted and refused to give any more money so just threw the dice hoping I could keep my seats in section 225 row 5. I get to pick on the 24th but as of yesterday my seats were gone as was most everything in 223, 224, and 225. We had moved down from 324 a couple years ago and gave up aisle seats which I like so I guess we are moving back up there.
cyberbear
We got out of the sun (1st row 226). I really liked those seats because, (ok laugh) I could affect the game. I would divert my noise downward to all the students on their phones on every BU defensive play and their paws would go up.

But now I'm older and just plain tired. And my kids are no longer students. So that job will be left to someone else. Yeah, probably not. But either way, goodbye sun in the face and hello front row 309. Now I can sit on my can like all of you and complain about how the student section is dead.

I'm pleased. I think.
hustlenflow
So my seats are gone, and I'm still 12 days away from my seat selection day. I've spent 5 years working my way up to these seats and endured some pretty bad stuff over the last 3 years. I stay faithful, and this is my reward? I am really pissed. What a crappy way to treat loyal fans. Are they trying to discourage season tickets? I don't give a s**t about the original 5 year plan. Pretty sure nothing that happened over the past 5 years fit that original plan.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
hustlenflow said:

So my seats are gone, and I'm still 12 days away from my seat selection day. I've spent 5 years working my way up to these seats and endured some pretty bad stuff over the last 3 years. I stay faithful, and this is my reward? I am really pissed. What a crappy way to treat loyal fans. Are they trying to discourage season tickets? I don't give a s**t about the original 5 year plan. Pretty sure nothing that happened over the past 5 years fit that original plan.
Hang in there hustlenflow. My wife and I were Baylor season ticket holders for 22 years. There is life after Baylor football. There are some great deserving charities out there that could really use that season ticket/ Baylor Bear Foundation contribution. And family time in the Fall is pretty special. Life is good. Sic 'Em Bears!!!

-- Barack Obama
Krieg
We relocated to our living room last year in early protest of this stupid policy. I knew we could attend cheaper without them, anyway, and that's what we did.

This year I put in for tickets but I'm not donating. I'm guessing there won't be anything I'm willing to purchase left and honestly that's fine by me. There will be open seats again when Rhule actually succeeds in leaving or fails again. Maybe that's what we come back?
CorsicanaBear

80 in 4K tv. Comfortable den in AC. Premium food drinks, and clean restrooms. No parking hassles or drive time. Or could watch outside from pool. Making it hard to keep renewing.
Illigitimus non carborundum
DustyM
CorsicanaBear said:

80 in 4K tv. Comfortable den in AC. Premium food drinks, and clean restrooms. No parking hassles or drive time. Or could watch outside from pool. Making it hard to keep renewing.
Do you need a new best friend on game days. LOL
DustyM
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

beausbears said:

Now that cracked me up. Well said sir.
KEBasketball
DustyM said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

beausbears said:

Don't encourage him...he's a special kind of special...

- KEB
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
KEBasketball said:

DustyM said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

beausbears said:

- KEB
Thank you, HEB Basketball. I appreciate your sentiments.

-- Barack Obama
DustyM
KEBasketball said:

DustyM said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

beausbears said:

- KEB
Ah come on, you have to admit, that was funny.
KEBasketball
Go review his posting history and you will realize the error of your judgment...everything he posts is tragic.

- KEB
TXWayne
TXWayne said:

I have was not exempted and refused to give any more money so just threw the dice hoping I could keep my seats in section 225 row 5. I get to pick on the 24th but as of yesterday my seats were gone as was most everything in 223, 224, and 225. We had moved down from 324 a couple years ago and gave up aisle seats which I like so I guess we are moving back up there.
So my day has arrived, picking at 0920. Seats in 225 long gone as is everything in 222-226 so we are looking at bench back seats in 221. There are seven open in row 4 of 221 and that is my first shot if they are still open when I pick. If not headed to section 111 in the corner on the other side. And of course having a backup plan for the backup plan we look at the back row in 211. Whatever.....
Booray
Top row of 211 is a great place to e when it is a sunny, hot day. We sat there for the second half of the Diuke game. Shaded and a breeze to boot. Really comfortable. When the action is in that end of the field, they can't be beat.
TXWayne
Booray said:

Top row of 211 is a great place to e when it is a sunny, hot day. We sat there for the second half of the Diuke game. Shaded and a breeze to boot. Really comfortable. When the action is in that end of the field, they can't be beat.
Well it is not going to be top row but I suspect if it is like other sections we have sat it there will be room to move around. And yes, when they are at this end of the field it will be great. In observing the selection thus far this morning it looks like folks are going to the 300 level. These seven seats are still open with me 22 minutes out.....
SSadler
Just got a great deal on a new 55" smart TV at Best Buy.

I sense it's a sign.
historian
blackie
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

beausbears said:

We are also reseated to our chairs at home. We were season ticket holders for over 25 years and went to almost all the bowls. It had gotten to where it was harder to even getting excited about going. Because of health concerns last year, we were able to only go to one game (KSU). And paying over $2000 (BBF + game tickets) we finally called it quits.

Fact is, it seemed to be more of a chore to go versus something we looked forward to. Even in Briles last year after we had won two championships we felt this way.

We might go to a game or two if we feel like it, but don't feel the obligation to go. Somebody is getting good seats in the lower section on the 10 yard line under the overhang (shade and protection from rain).
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
blackie said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

beausbears said:

We are also reseated to our chairs at home. We were season ticket holders for over 25 years and went to almost all the bowls. It had gotten to where it was harder to even getting excited about going. Because of health concerns last year, we were able to only go to one game (KSU). And paying over $2000 (BBF + game tickets) we finally called it quits.

Fact is, it seemed to be more of a chore to go versus something we looked forward to. Even in Briles last year after we had won two championships we felt this way.

We might go to a game or two if we feel like it, but don't feel the obligation to go. Somebody is getting good seats in the lower section on the 10 yard line under the overhang (shade and protection from rain).
Hope you and your family are well, Blackie. Health is so much more valuable than money. The wife and I realize that life is good after Baylor Football. More family time and some great causes really in need. Kind of a blessing we were able to break away. we hope Baylor once again finds their way. We hope so.

-- Barack Obama
BUbackerinET
Agree with DD and RD2, unless I can get the seats on the exact opposite end, same row and seats and in same side (press box).
BUbackerinET
Yes, indeed, it worked flawlessly, but the result utterly sucked. I was in 301, and had to move all the way to 311 to get seats similar to those already taken - I renewed anyway, but I'm not terribly happy about it. Won't do it again if it's done this way by holding up existing seat holders at their giving level for more money to secure their existing seats. I selected at 8:56 this morning and my old seats and everything else available at that time was above me, so I looked at 310 - completely sold out. There were some in the 201 section, but the angle on those rows was not as good as those in 311, so I reluctantly took them. Now, I have to be on the shady side for health reasons, so my options on the opposite side are not an option for me, but I still do not appreciate the eviction at all.
PartyBear
We did not get the seats we had since McLane opened but we are fairly close. We would have been much closer but there were only 3 seats left on that row and they were going to make me buy all three to close out the row rather than just the two I wanted. My wife was not real happy she feels Baylor is ripping us off. I have been a season ticket holder since the late 80s, since I was in my early 20s.
sahen
PartyBear said:

We did not get the seats we had since McLane opened but we are fairly close. We would have been much closer but there were only 3 seats left on that row and they were going to make me buy all three to close out the row rather than just the two I wanted. My wife was not real happy she feels Baylor is ripping us off. I have been a season ticket holder since the late 80s, since I was in my early 20s.

I'f you have been a season ticket holder for 10 years or more then you could've kept your seats. Not sure what happened to you PartyBear, but you should call the Bear Foundation and find out.
BaylorRocks
sahen said:

PartyBear said:

I'f you have been a season ticket holder for 10 years or more then you could've kept your seats. Not sure what happened to you PartyBear, but you should call the Bear Foundation and find out.
The 10 year rule should have been rethought. The exemption should have applied to those who have had and held the same seat and giving level(s) since Day One of McLane Stadium. That's what I shared with the leaders in charge of the reseating program, along with my displeasure (as a Top 15% giver) in the process and qualification rule decisions.

In the end, reseating is really all about raising contribution levels ($$). It is NOT about the fans or fan loyalty. They were kind enough to acknowledge and confirm this for me as well. Most reseating is run this way. I understood this going in, but still voiced my displeasure as they had an opportunity to be a bit different and fan/alumni friendly than the norm.
BUbackerinET
Zuno - that would have been the fairest way to do it, but it's all about the Benjamin's, so it's sadly true even for loyalty - which I have learned means very little at Baylor
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.