Football
Sponsored by

Oakman finds a home

20,510 Views | 136 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SATXBear
Keyser Soze
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

That is not an answer to the the question asked.

"I never had the authority, the resources, or the independence to do the job appropriately, which the Department of Education writes in its guidance for Title IX coordinators in universities," Crawford said. She said that included being disconnected from meetings and conversations, and the university "making decisions only a Title IX coordinator should make, based on protection for the brand." CBS News

I agree with many of Crawford's complaints. Do you really think the BOR set a policy to not support the Title IX Coordinator?

I believe the BOR didn't establish a policy with protocols that would effectively implement Title IX (either overtly and/or by omission). I further believe that the administration, and ultimately the BOR, essentially had an unwritten policy of denial, to do what it could to cover up negative events, in order to prevent negative public exposure to protect the school's image and reputation as a "Christian" school that is essentially free from this type of crime.

Your first sentence is accurate. There were failures at every level. Starr, the employee and CEO was ultimately responsible for the details.

There was plenty about protecting the brand in what was released to the public. This is a huge reason Briles was paid for his silence.

I really don't believe the unwritten rule as you say at all though it is easy to see how people would make that assertion. Old school attitudes along with lack of training made people made people unaware and insensitive to a fault. Not speaking of you but there are a lot of posters on this site that are unaware and insensitive to a fault.

Here is how this happened as described in the book Violated. Girl goes to counselor and says she was assaulted after being really drunk at a party. The counselor explains a he said she said is hard to go forward and that girl may have her own honor code problems about the drinking. The counselor's sincere intent was to help the girl - but there was no question the end result was suppressing reporting of assaults. This was a complex cultural problem that permeated all levels.

FYI - one of the 105 recommendations implemented was amnesty for any victim coming forward was well as any potential witness. Also a side note on police chief Doak - this was a sorry individual and the most overt at discouraging victims - the more subtle untrained counselor above was more the norm.

If all of this rose to the level of requiring resignations, then it certainly should have included the BOR. The buck should have ended with them.

Which BOR? Plenty to fault, the vast majority of which had nothing to with the 2016 group that actually pushed the changes for the better. The 2019 BOR is even more detached and is operating under a many new guidelines. Many of the standards football fans think should be imposed would also create a system where a BOR would have incentive to collude with a Starr or Briles to keep things from ever being fixed - I suspect many would have been very happy for that to happen though they wouldn't say it.

Resignations / terminations were primarily those that withheld information from investigators.

Shill,

Great story. Great spin. But you were defending and excusing the BoR the moment this broke open. Day after day on Baylor fans you were claiming there should be NO accountability for the BoR members. You spent months trying to falsely tell us how those BoR members are not accountable for actions at the school level or decisions as a leadership body or lack of institutional oversight. Therefore none should be removed. Blatant lie. incorrect. and false. Now the spin is.."Which BoR do you want to punish? Those guys are gone". Again, some still remain. None should have been allowed to stay. And they damn shouldn't have been allowed to hand pick their own replacements as they phase out. Why in God's name would we trust their judgement? It's worse than yours.

I'm thrilled loud enough voices FORCED change. But that's not credit they get. They weren't voluntarily made. None were in the works prior. They were made because they were under a microscope for their failures.
If you say it often enough maybe the Easter Bunny will come.

No matter what you think the world thinks otherwise. It gives a big yawn at your ranting. You can't even be give specifics about who did what. That is good starting point. You have been challenged to provide that and cower at the question. We have been give a mea culpa from day one and apologies - and many changes. Your narrow mind only sees a head on a pike as accountability and few other than the Italian football fans agree with that.

So who remains and who did what? ..... but we know you won't answer, you never answer. You just ***** and moan .... man up and tell us.

Dman
Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

"I never had the authority, the resources, or the independence to do the job appropriately, which the Department of Education writes in its guidance for Title IX coordinators in universities," Crawford said. She said that included being disconnected from meetings and conversations, and the university "making decisions only a Title IX coordinator should make, based on protection for the brand." CBS News

I agree with many of Crawford's complaints. Do you really think the BOR set a policy to not support the Title IX Coordinator?

I believe the BOR didn't establish a policy with protocols that would effectively implement Title IX (either overtly and/or by omission). I further believe that the administration, and ultimately the BOR, essentially had an unwritten policy of denial, to do what it could to cover up negative events, in order to prevent negative public exposure to protect the school's image and reputation as a "Christian" school that is essentially free from this type of crime.

Your first sentence is accurate. There were failures at every level. Starr, the employee and CEO was ultimately responsible for the details.

There was plenty about protecting the brand in what was released to the public. This is a huge reason Briles was paid for his silence.

I really don't believe the unwritten rule as you say at all though it is easy to see how people would make that assertion. Old school attitudes along with lack of training made people made people unaware and insensitive to a fault. Not speaking of you but there are a lot of posters on this site that are unaware and insensitive to a fault.

Here is how this happened as described in the book Violated. Girl goes to counselor and says she was assaulted after being really drunk at a party. The counselor explains a he said she said is hard to go forward and that girl may have her own honor code problems about the drinking. The counselor's sincere intent was to help the girl - but there was no question the end result was suppressing reporting of assaults. This was a complex cultural problem that permeated all levels.

FYI - one of the 105 recommendations implemented was amnesty for any victim coming forward was well as any potential witness. Also a side note on police chief Doak - this was a sorry individual and the most overt at discouraging victims - the more subtle untrained counselor above was more the norm.

If all of this rose to the level of requiring resignations, then it certainly should have included the BOR. The buck should have ended with them.

Which BOR? Plenty to fault, the vast majority of which had nothing to with the 2016 group that actually pushed the changes for the better. The 2019 BOR is even more detached and is operating under a many new guidelines. Many of the standards football fans think should be imposed would also create a system where a BOR would have incentive to collude with a Starr or Briles to keep things from ever being fixed - I suspect many would have been very happy for that to happen though they wouldn't say it.

Resignations / terminations were primarily those that withheld information from investigators.

Shill,

Great story. Great spin. But you were defending and excusing the BoR the moment this broke open. Day after day on Baylor fans you were claiming there should be NO accountability for the BoR members. You spent months trying to falsely tell us how those BoR members are not accountable for actions at the school level or decisions as a leadership body or lack of institutional oversight. Therefore none should be removed. Blatant lie. incorrect. and false. Now the spin is.."Which BoR do you want to punish? Those guys are gone". Again, some still remain. None should have been allowed to stay. And they damn shouldn't have been allowed to hand pick their own replacements as they phase out. Why in God's name would we trust their judgement? It's worse than yours.

I'm thrilled loud enough voices FORCED change. But that's not credit they get. They weren't voluntarily made. None were in the works prior. They were made because they were under a microscope for their failures.

No matter what you think the world thinks otherwise. It gives a big yawn at your ranting. You can't even be give specifics about who did what. That is good starting point. You have been challenged to provide that and cower at the question. We have been give a mea culpa from day one and apologies - and many changes. Your narrow mind only sees a head on a pike as accountability and few other than the Italian football fans agree with that.

So who remains and who did what? ..... but we know you won't answer, you never answer. You just ***** and moan .... man up and tell us.

Yawn....Blatantly false once again. For years you were given specifics. Details from former BoR members, testimony under oath, depositions. All pointing to blatant failure of leadership as a BoR. Meddling, conflicts, lack of institutional oversight, and much more. It never mattered. You admitted personal relationships with BoR members and went into protect and serve mode. You were given more than you ever needed to hold others accountable when it fit your narrative. From day one you claimed they couldn't be held responsible. Now..it's "they aren't here anymore". What a joke.

You're the one left with the indefensible position that after the biggest scandal in school history, costing hundreds of millions of dollars, for problems that existed WAY before and after Briles...that the body in charge of it all, much less one BoR member, should have been held accountable.

You may fool a newbie on these boards, you won't fool anyone else.

It can be twenty years from now, I'll remind you of who you are. A hypocrite. A shill. You are the worst kind of Baylor alum there can be. One not only excuses failure but literally asks for more.

Keyser Soze
Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

Shill,

Yawn....Blatantly false once again. For years you were given specifics. Details from former BoR members, testimony under oath, depositions. All pointing to blatant failure of leadership as a BoR. Meddling, conflicts, lack of institutional oversight, and much more. It never mattered. You admitted personal relationships with BoR members and went into protect and serve mode. You were given more than you ever needed to hold others accountable when it fit your narrative. From day one you claimed they couldn't be held responsible. Now..it's "they aren't here anymore". What a joke.

It can be twenty years from now, I'll remind you of who you are. A hypocrite. A shill. You are the worst kind of Baylor alum there can be. One not only excuses failure but literally asks for more.

So no specifics

as usual ... again

Dman
Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

Shill,

So no specifics

as usual ... again

They've been given at nauseam. By MANY. No one wastes their time on you anymore. I do because it's fun to watch you spin md squirm.

You see my little shill....You're the one left with the indefensible position that after the biggest scandal in school history, costing hundreds of millions of dollars, for problems that existed WAY before and after Briles...that the body in charge of it all, much less one BoR member, should not have been held accountable at all. NO ONE buys it.
Keyser Soze
Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

Shill,

So no specifics

as usual ... again

They've been given at nauseam. By MANY. No one wastes their time on you anymore. I do because it's fun to watch you spin md squirm.

You see my little shill....You're the one left with the indefensible position that after the biggest scandal in school history, costing hundreds of millions of dollars, for problems that existed WAY before and after Briles...that the body in charge of it all, much less one BoR member, should not have been held accountable at all. NO ONE buys it.
All hat no cattle .... as usual

Dman
Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

Shill,

So no specifics

as usual ... again

You're right. My position is that when you have a scandal and epic failure costing hundreds of millions of dollars across an entire university, and failures were uncovered at all levels, even the BoR, ...that Baylor should demand better.

Yours is: The BoR (your personal relationships), the body of leaders ultimately in charge of everything,
are immune from accountability and their failures.

My little shill. You're not even wearing a hat and you're full of more **** than the cattle. You're a joke. .

Keyser Soze
Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

Shill,

So no specifics

as usual ... again

You're right. My position is that when you have a scandal and epic failure costing hundreds of millions of dollars across an entire university, and failures were uncovered at all levels, even the BoR, ...that Baylor should demand better.

Yours is: The BoR (your personal relationships), the body of leaders ultimately in charge of everything,

My little shill. You're not even wearing a hat.

No Einstein

The President / CEO is the one ultimately responsible for everything. The CEO / President is an employees who get paid and has day to day responsibility. The (part time non-employee) BOR - hires the President and fires them. Unless they are complicit with wrongdoing, they are insulated from a CEO / President deserving to be fired.

That is a simplified version, but it is true with most public and private entities. This is how it works in the real world. BOR are almost never ousted as you would have them - that is not a Baylor things, that is everywhere.

So this is why I ask what did they do? Where are they complicit with wrongdoing.

Neil Jeffrey does not deserve to be throw out on his ass because Ken Starr didn't do his job. So what did Neil Jeffrey do? Just asking about one guy now. What did he do? Can you sack up and tell us about just one guy.

Doc Holliday
Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

Shill,

So no specifics

as usual ... again

No Einstein

The President / CEO is the one ultimately responsible for everything. The CEO / President is an employees who get paid and has day to day responsibility. The (part time non-employee) BOR - hires the President and fires them. Unless they are complicit with wrongdoing, they are insulated from a CEO / President deserving to be fired.

That is a simplified version, but it is true with most public and private entities. This is how it works in the real world. BOR are almost never ousted as you would have them - that is not a Baylor things, that is everywhere.

So this is why I ask what did they do? Where are they complicit with wrongdoing.

Neil Jeffrey does not deserve to be throw out on his ass because Ken Starr didn't do his job. So what did Neil Jeffrey do? Just asking about one guy now. What did he do? Can you sack up and tell us about just one guy.

The mere fact that they were present during the entire scandal with some oversight on god awful PR is enough for me to warrant kicking their asses out. You don't go to national media and trash student athletes by adding fuel to the 'Baylor football players are ALL suspect rapists' bandwagon and walk away like nothing happened.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
Dman
Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

Shill,

So no specifics

as usual ... again

No Einstein

This is what your famous for and I'm not goin down that road again. This is your one excuse for not holding anyone responsible at the BoR for this colossal cluster ****. Yet You've been proven wrong time after time. Even at your basic premise, you're wrong. A BoR is responsible and accountable for their actions. The BoR was responsible for hiring Star (their actions) and are therefore accountable for his actions and oversight of the university as a whole, If you somehow excuse this FACT then have to ignore ALL the other things you've dismissed for years about the BORs own faults and mistakes. Meddling, lack of institutional control, conflict of interests. You want to paint them as distant third Party volunteers. Yet they weren't. You keep saying no one has provided proof. You don't even believe that. You just dismiss all the things that have come out. Year after year.

As for the innocents of one or two like your friend Neil, I could give a rats ass. The BoR acts as a body of leaders. Not individuals. They are therefore accountable as a body for EPIC failures. If he didn't step up and demand change before this was all exposed, than he was part of the overall atmosphere and failure.

SATXBear
Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

Shill,

So no specifics

as usual ... again

No Einstein

This is what your famous for and I'm not goin down that road again. This is your one excuse for not holding anyone responsible at the BoR for this colossal cluster ****. Yet You've been proven wrong time after time. Even at your basic premise, you're wrong. A BoR is responsible and accountable for their actions. The BoR was responsible for hiring Star (their actions) and are therefore accountable for his actions and oversight of the university as a whole, If you somehow excuse this FACT then have to ignore ALL the other things you've dismissed for years about the BORs own faults and mistakes. Meddling, lack of institutional control, conflict of interests. You want to paint them as distant third Party volunteers. Yet they weren't. You keep saying no one has provided proof. You don't even believe that. You just dismiss all the things that have come out. Year after year.

As for the innocents of one or two like your friend Neil, I could give a rats ass. The BoR acts as a body of leaders. Not individuals. They are therefore accountable as a body for EPIC failures. If he didn't step up and demand change before this was all exposed, than he was part of the overall atmosphere and failure.

I cannot tell whether Keyser or the BOR upsets you more. Wow.

Keyser Soze
SATXBear said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

Shill,

So no specifics

as usual ... again

No Einstein

There is no shortage of people who do not share my opinion - most don't have an obsession that I do not share their opinion

Dman
SATXBear said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

Shill,

So no specifics

as usual ... again

No Einstein

Upset? Keyser is a joke...entertainment. Upset implies his opinion has enough merit to matter.

As for you...why do you always pop up on my thread to care? If he has a platform to keep up his narrative (he has been doing so for PAGES on this thread alone)...I have a platform to keep calling out the Bs.
Keyser Soze
Yet you respond to me like Pavlov's dog
Dman
Keyser Soze said:

And Yet you do the same. Desperately responding to me and defending a fundamentally flawed position. Post after post. So.... Your point?

I admitted it's entertaining. You keep the BS coming..I'll keep calling it what it is.
Keyser Soze
Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

And Yet you do the same. Desperately responding and defending a fundamentally flawed position. Post after post. So.... Your point?

I admitted it's entertaining. You keep the BS coming..I'll keep calling it what it is.

Yes you do call it.

You just can't define it, explain it, or discuss it, like a grown up. You do a great job of crying foul - you just can't do anything else.

57Bear
It's good to hear that Oakman found a home!
Dman
Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

And Yet you do the same. Desperately responding and defending a fundamentally flawed position. Post after post. So.... Your point?

Yes you do call it.

You just can't define it, explain it, or discuss it, like a grown up. You do a great job of crying foul - you just can't do anything else.

Keyser

It's simple. My position is that fault was found across the board, even the BoR. This is a factual statement.

You're left explaining how an epic scandal took place costing hundreds of millions of dollars where our university was exposed on a massive level, yet the BoR was not responsible in any manner for their own faults or supervision of others, and therefore can't be held accountable. This is factually incorrect.

It's fun/entertaining to watch you twist, contort, and spin such a basic truth to defend your personal relationships/narrative.

So there is no defining, explaining, or discussing like an adult when the recipient is an acknowledged shill. You've been given facts and examples for years. So All that's left is your BS.
TexasScientist
Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

Shill,

So no specifics

as usual ... again

No Einstein

The BOR is responsible for setting policy, and has a responsibility to see that the administration carries out that policy. The BOR did not effectively establish or implement a Title IX policy, nor did they see that Title IX was being adhered to. They had an oversight role to play, in which they failed.
Willie
Keyser Soze said:

No Einstein

This post is so spot on. It amazes me that so few understand how boards work.
Timbear
Neal blasted our team in the WSJ. Neal. and all BOR , was complicit in putting all the blame for the BOR's lack of institutional control on the football team. Neal's navet and ministry was used by the BOR to give credibility to the BOR's scapegoating. This"we're only accountable to God" crap is why he needs to go.
Keyser Soze
Timbear said:

Neal blasted our team in the WSJ.

Neal never spoke to the WSJ. That was Murff, Gray, and Harper. There are zero incorrect or misleading statement in the WSJ.

Neal. and all BOR
, was complicit in putting all the blame for the BOR's lack of institutional control on the football team.

No one put blame for institutional control on the football team.

Neal's navet and ministry was used by the BOR to give credibility to the BOR's scapegoating.

No one scapegoated football. The press, not Baylor, gave disproportionate coverage to sports. That really should surprise no one.

This"we're only accountable to God" crap is why he needs to go.

No one said that. Jeff Reeter said we are all accountable to God. We are.

How one can be so invested in a subject matter and know so little about it at the same time is amazing.

Keyser Soze
TexasScientist said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

Shill,

So no specifics

as usual ... again

No Einstein

The BOR is responsible for setting policy, and has a responsibility to see that the administration carries out that policy. The BOR did not effectively establish or implement a Title IX policy, nor did they see that Title IX was being adhered to. They had an oversight role to play, in which they failed.

I agree with some of this post.

They do not implement anything. None are employees or management, ultimately that was Starr. In 2014 they hired Margolis Healy & Associates to conduct an organizational assessment of the University's Police Department and physical security program. One of the main recommendations of this was a full time Title IX coordinator. Patty Crawford was hired in that position the same year. In 2015 they hired Pepper Hamilton to do a much broader and in depth audit.

The results of PH made way for sweeping changes which included the removal of Starr and authorization of Baylor to move forward with all 105 PH recommendations.

The very legitimate complaint is that most of it was late to the party.I suspect that if a popular football coach was not removed, most would not be really worked up about this. They might even look around and see most Universities are / were late to the party too.

Timbear
Keyser's BOR is the only BOR in America that would be stupid enough and so driven to protect themselves that they would come out on the Friday before our biggest game when we're 6-0, with a total hit piece against their own school. Our BOR is malicious and vicious toward anyone or situation that threatens their power. They never came out in defense of Baylor, only in defense of themselves. They believed that since they were not accountable to any person or group, only to "God", that they had the divine right to do whatever they thought would best further their interests. They know that, and that's why they hide in secret meetings and avoid HC. They didn't want anything in writing from PH because they knew they were full of crap. If Art hadn't been so naive with nothing, he thought, to hide, and had had a lawyer present, this whole thing would not have gone down the way it did, and Baylor would be in a better place today.
SATXBear
Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

Dman said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

Shill,

So no specifics

as usual ... again

No Einstein

I agree with some of this post.

They do not implement anything. None are employees or management, ultimately that was Starr. In 2014 they hired Margolis Healy & Associates to conduct an organizational assessment of the University's Police Department and physical security program. One of the main recommendations of this was a full time Title IX coordinator. Patty Crawford was hired in that position the same year. In 2015 they hired Pepper Hamilton to do a much broader and in depth audit.

The results of PH made way for sweeping changes which included the removal of Starr and authorization of Baylor to move forward with all 105 PH recommendations.

The very legitimate complaint is that most of it was late to the party.I suspect that if a popular football coach was not removed, most would not be really worked up about this. They might even look around and see most Universities are / were late to the party too.

Thank you for posting the facts Keyser. It sounds like the problems lie mainly with poor administrators. I agree that most are upset because it was Briles. Otherwise there would be no uproar.
SATXBear
Timbear said:

Keyser's BOR is the only BOR in America that would be stupid enough and so driven to protect themselves that they would come out on the Friday before our biggest game when we're 6-0, with a total hit piece against their own school. Our BOR is malicious and vicious toward anyone or situation that threatens their power. They never came out in defense of Baylor, only in defense of themselves. They believed that since they were not accountable to any person or group, only to "God", that they had the divine right to do whatever they thought would best further their interests. They know that, and that's why they hide in secret meetings and avoid HC. They didn't want anything in writing from PH because they knew they were full of crap. If Art hadn't been so naive with nothing, he thought, to hide, and had had a lawyer present, this whole thing would not have gone down the way it did, and Baylor would be in a better place today.

Thank goodness alumni like you have no say in how the school is run.
Timbear
Saxt, tell me you don't really believe our BOR did a good job. Really? What I posted is what many, many alums believe has been proven by testimony under oath by multiple individuals.
SATXBear
Timbear said:

Saxt, tell me you don't really believe our BOR did a good job. Really? What I posted is what many, many alums believe has been proven by testimony under oath by multiple individuals.

I believe prior to 2015 that regents, administrators, and coaches all did a bad job. After 2015 the BOR did the right thing and took drastic action to clean up the mess. I think a lot of the push back is from disgruntled former employees. The depositions I have read seem to be more suppositions rather than facts. Just my opinion and others are welcome to different opinions.
Timbear
Under oath means something. Saxt.
SATXBear
Timbear said:

Under oath means something. Saxt.

And the plaintiff attorneys' questions were asking for opinions to support lawsuits against Baylor. I believe the answers to the attorney questions were opinions and no proven facts. I have not kept up with the details like you have, but the answers seemed like theories and not facts. I guess if more information comes out I could change my mind.
Keyser Soze
Timbear said:

The only thing proven under oath was that rumors existed. What was conspicuously absent was anything to substantiate those rumors.

Mark Fuhrman used the N word - OJ is innocent. That is the exact same logic you are using.

Mitch Blood Green
Can't we all get a loan!
xiledinok
The post firing damage to Baylor by actions of the former regime stunk up college football and annoyed the conference to the point no one cares outside the bubble about Baylor and it's regent actions.

Outside the bubble, the public thinks the former regime hasn't been held accountable and look forward to seeing them get drug through more mud.
Also, the former regime is the group fans outside the bubble love to hate. Click, click and more clicks with comments like "rapists" and other associated statements in the online story comments leave the former regime running around for relevance on cigarette littered fields.

Baylor moving forward just needs to steer clear and let the public handle the former regime. The former regime won't answer direct questions and hides behind robe touching Baylor alumni (who the public dismisses like Pedo State fans loving on Joe Pa).
SATXBear
Most of this scandal had far more to do with the inept campus administration running the school than any silly policies. When presidents and athletic directors let football coaches start calling the shots, problems occur. It is no surprise that when an asleep at the wheel BOR suddenly has to suddenly take drastic action to clean up the mess, the accountable Baylor employees pushed back in an ugly way. A lot of blame to go around IMO.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.