Football
Sponsored by

Does Stidham get drafted?

6,820 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SSadler
Waco1947
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did Auburn become disenchanted with him?
Is he on anybody's radar?
TechDawgMc
I think he's projected around rounds 3-5. Somewhere around the same as Grier. Neither of them seem to have helped themselves in the off season stuff
MilliVanilli
Colt McCoy 2.0 here he comes...minus the collegiate accomplishments.

baylorrific
Colt McCoy has made an impressive iliving as an NFL QB; I suspect that 99.99 percent of humans would be thrilled to have had his success.
Thee University
Holding a clipboard in the NFL as a backup or 3rd team QB is a great living. Baylor has produced a number of them.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Michibear
TechDawgMc said:

I think he's projected around rounds 3-5. Somewhere around the same as Grier. Neither of them seem to have helped themselves in the off season stuff

Sounds about right.
Waco1947
Is he projected for any team?
MilliVanilli
baylorrific said:

Colt McCoy has made an impressive iliving as an NFL QB; I suspect that 99.99 percent of humans would be thrilled to have had his success.
It's a great living, just not what either McCoy or Stidham were hyped to become.

Grizz Air
Yes, he will be drafted (rounds 4-6).

No, he did not live up to the hype.

Who knows if he would have lived up to the hype if he had stayed at BU.
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
EvilTroyAndAbed
MilliVanilli said:

baylorrific said:

It's a great living, just not what either McCoy or Stidham were hyped to become.

So?
EvilTroyAndAbed
Waco1947 said:

You know how many mock drafts are out there? He's projected for at least 12 teams.
EvilTroyAndAbed
Thee University said:

Holding a clipboard in the NFL as a backup or 3rd team QB is a great living. Baylor has produced a number of them.
So has pretty much every major school.
trey3216
Waco1947 said:

One of 32
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
xiledinok
5th round. He's another Landry Jones.
As all know, I ll be rooting for some DE to hunt him down and bang him hard into the ground 22 times a night.
Stidham, please get drafted by team with patch hole inexperienced offensive line.
BaylorGrad&Dad
If he's not drafted, I heard the Mumbai Marauders could be interested in Sridhar.
MilliVanilli
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

MilliVanilli said:

baylorrific said:

So?
So he is a flop when it came to hype.

He didn't enter school or the draft expecting to settle for maybe getting drafted at all.
bularry
MilliVanilli said:

baylorrific said:

McCoy was never hyped as an NFL prospect
EvilTroyAndAbed
MilliVanilli said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

MilliVanilli said:

baylorrific said:

So?

He didn't enter school or the draft expecting to settle for maybe getting drafted at all.
Why do you care? Seriously, who cares about hype?
Booray
Maybe he has the misfortune of being drafted by the Patriots in the 6th round. That would be a career killer for sure.
Aberzombie1892
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Waco1947 said:

You know how many mock drafts are out there? He's projected for at least 12 teams.
Yeah. After the first round, mock drafts are a crapshoot, so, essentially, he could end up anywhere.
Jacques Strap
Yes. Someone will take a shot. Get the right coach in the pros, who knows.
MilliVanilli
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

MilliVanilli said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

MilliVanilli said:

baylorrific said:

So?

Why do you care that someone cares is a better question.

It's a thread about a primadonna bust player that has a history of fleeing adversity and you're mad someone points that out.

Boo hoo.
MilliVanilli
bularry said:

MilliVanilli said:

baylorrific said:

McCoy was never hyped as an NFL prospect
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c0a8b1/printable/the-real-mccoy-browns-believe-they-have-their-qb-of-future
bularry
That's your proof?? Ha ha. Do you know how to read?

He was a 3rd round pick, which is kinda a crapshoot for a QB. He started a few games as a rookie. That proves my point

MilliVanilli
bularry said:

He was a 3rd round pick, which is kinda a crapshoot for a QB. He started a few games as a rookie. That proves my point

Actually do YOU know how to read.

Article is literally headlined "The Real McCoy Browns believe they have Their QB of the Future".

Here it is again since you apparently ignored it: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c0a8b1/printable/the-real-mccoy-browns-believe-they-have-their-qb-of-future

That's called hype, that's called believing he was a bonafide NFL prospect.

Your point appears to simply be you're a prideful and argumentative illiterate.

Many talking heads thought the Browns got a steal when he fell: http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft10/columns/story?columnist=chadiha_jeffri&id=5132963

xiledinok
Todd Marinovich 2.0.
Test Tube QB.
bularry
MilliVanilli said:

bularry said:

Article is literally headlined "The Real McCoy Browns believe they have Their QB of the Future".

Here it is again since you apparently ignored it: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c0a8b1/printable/the-real-mccoy-browns-believe-they-have-their-qb-of-future

Many talking heads thought the Browns got a steal when he fell: http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft10/columns/story?columnist=chadiha_jeffri&id=5132963

So the Cleveland Browns, or one author writing about the Browns, declared him a steal after playing a few games?

Give me a freakin break

McCoy was an afterthought high school recruit who turned into an excellent college qb. He got drafted based on accuracy despite not having nfl size or really nfl arm talent

Good for him. But nobody thought he was some can't miss prospect

You want to throw that label on Stidham? Sure, I could understand that. But I need more than the most incompetent organization in pro sports making a knee jerk and short sighted proclamation to buy your article

MilliVanilli
bularry said:

MilliVanilli said:

bularry said:

So the Cleveland Browns, or one author writing about the Browns, declared him a steal after playing a few games?

Give me a freakin break

McCoy was an afterthought high school recruit who turned into an excellent college qb. He got drafted based on accuracy despite not having nfl size or really nfl arm talent

Good for him. But nobody thought he was some can't miss prospect

You want to throw that label on Stidham? Sure, I could understand that. But I need more than the most incompetent organization in pro sports making a knee jerk and short sighted proclamation to buy your article

Truly, you are the definition of a tar baby.

Brownbw
Both of you go to your room with no supper tonight
2023 ADOPT-A-BEAR
KADEN SIERACKI #74
6’8’’ 315 RF WOODLANDS
Big boy is going to put some hurt on big 12 foes
ScottS
The CFL is calling his name
EvilTroyAndAbed
MilliVanilli said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

MilliVanilli said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

MilliVanilli said:

baylorrific said:

So?

It's a thread about a primadonna bust player that has a history of fleeing adversity and you're mad someone points that out.

Boo hoo.
I never saw him as a prima donna player. Fleeing adversity? I mean, you come to a program, and everyone who brought you there is gone, and you have no idea who will be the next leader, and you only have so many years of eligibility to figure that out. Did Troy Aikman flee adversity when he left OU because they completely shifted to a running game when he got hurt?

I was never mad at Stidham for leaving as you seem to be. I was upset that a 19-year-old kid tweeted the first thing out about staying, but he probably got out of a players meeting and was emotional. But I'm surprised more players didn't leave. This is not what they were sold.

We've got too many Baylor fans (and college fans in general) who think they own players, that once a player signs, they have to stay all four years, even if their coach leaves, even if their coach is fired, even if the program is decimated through no fault of their own. If a player chooses to take control of their own destiny and find the best spot for him or her, "fans" like you call him a prima donna and selfish. Fans are the ones who are selfish for thinking that no matter what happens around a player, he has no choice but to waste his time on a sinking ship.

I'm not sure he'll be a great NFL QB. He was pretty good one year at Auburn, but this year, for some reason, Malzahn really hampered his ability to play the position well with his offensive philosophy.

I'm not mad at you for thinking he's a prima donna. He's not, but I never said I was mad at you for that. I'm truly flummoxed as to why you care that you care about hype, which doesn't matter in the slightest. He's going to get drafted, and he'll stay on a roster for potential. If he doesn't adapt to the pro system, as many do not, he'll be out after a few years. According to you, that's the greatest failure in the world, to not be a star quarterback in the NFL.
bularry
Brownbw said:

Both of you go to your room with no supper tonight

I don't do well if I don't eat
Thee University
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

I never saw him as a prima donna player. Fleeing adversity? I mean, you come to a program, and everyone who brought you there is gone, and you have no idea who will be the next leader, and you only have so many years of eligibility to figure that out. Did Troy Aikman flee adversity when he left OU because they completely shifted to a running game when he got hurt?

We've got too many Baylor fans (and college fans in general) who think they own players, that once a player signs, they have to stay all four years, even if their coach leaves, even if their coach is fired, even if the program is decimated through no fault of their own. If a player chooses to take control of their own destiny and find the best spot for him or her, "fans" like you call him a prima donna and selfish. Fans are the ones who are selfish for thinking that no matter what happens around a player, he has no choice but to waste his time on a sinking ship.

Your attitude towards commitment to the program, to the University, to the Baylor fans and to the true spirit of NCAA football is an embarrassment. This attitude is a portion of the reason for a continual slide downward of college football. It truly is a millennial attitude and by allowing it to creep into NCAA football is a travesty.

When a kid signs with Baylor he should be honoring his "word". Coaches come and go and any kid who signs primarily because of a coach should have his head examined. Baylor is committing to 18 year old kids who sign to provide a 1st class education to the tune of $250,000 to $300,000 at a minimum.

Change within organizations (schools, corporations, teams, etc.) is just real life. Learn how to deal with it instead of crying to mamma and daddy! 98.1% should be at Baylor because 98% will be better prepared to make it in the real world. Only 2% of college seniors get drafted and stick for any period.

There are no sinking ships. If the ship has a hole in it, fix it. You will be a much better person having fixed the ship and made it work.

This millennial attitude is breeding soft and amiable folks who will drag down all around them.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
DanaDane
There's always the XFL in 2020.
MilliVanilli
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

MilliVanilli said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

MilliVanilli said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

MilliVanilli said:

baylorrific said:

So?

Boo hoo.

I was never mad at Stidham for leaving as you seem to be. I was upset that a 19-year-old kid tweeted the first thing out about staying, but he probably got out of a players meeting and was emotional. But I'm surprised more players didn't leave. This is not what they were sold.

I'm not sure he'll be a great NFL QB. He was pretty good one year at Auburn, but this year, for some reason, Malzahn really hampered his ability to play the position well with his offensive philosophy.

I'm not mad at you for thinking he's a prima donna. He's not, but I never said I was mad at you for that. I'm truly flummoxed as to why you care that you care about hype, which doesn't matter in the slightest. He's going to get drafted, and he'll stay on a roster for potential. If he doesn't adapt to the pro system, as many do not, he'll be out after a few years. According to you, that's the greatest failure in the world, to not be a star quarterback in the NFL.
Big diatribe to say you want to whine about reality.

He ditched Tech to avoid competition with Mahomes and at Baylor he was miffed about sitting behind Russell and when he listened to KB luring him to Auburn he foolishly went thinking the Briles clan would be close behind.

I was happy he left, anyone that fickle isn't invested in anything other than themselves.

Kid was gutless in character and underwhelming to his hype, both external and self-perpetuated.

If that reality offends you I really couldn't care less.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.