Football
Sponsored by

Upon a nights sleep and thinking about the new yellow direction we're going....

18,768 Views | 132 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Brian Ethridge
No Longer Gold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm out.

Not renewing tickets, not continuing student foundation endowment, canceling life insurance policy.

This school is going a different direction.

It no longer cares about the alumn nor the past greatness of what it once was.

Congrats Baylor, you forced me out with your desire to go yellow.

It wasn't that alone, it was just the last straw.

Was it worth it? That's about 1mil lump when I die, and about 15k a year.

Don't worry, I won't let the door hit me.
PartyBear
Contrary to claims, I can almost assure you this is just a few year phase at the longest. I'm not even sure it's Nike's intention that these be exclusively used I think that is only Baylor's intention.
Bubear2020

LTbear
PartyBear said:

Contrary to claims, I can almost assure you this is just a few year phase at the longest.
No, you can't.
LTbear
DubDub said:

I'm out.

Not renewing tickets, not continuing student foundation endowment, canceling life insurance policy.

This school is going a different direction.

It no longer cares about the alumn nor the past greatness of what it once was.

Congrats Baylor, you forced me out with your desire to go yellow.

It wasn't that alone, it was just the last straw.

Don't worry, I won't let the door hit me.
I'll assume thus is all sarcasm, poking fun at everyone who overreacted. If it's not, and your serious, then good holy **** you're moron and a disgrace.
Bear8084
gabear
Don't let the door hit you on the way out. You will not be missed.
Les3
I think most of you think ALL Baylor alumni care about athletic uniforms. I'm sorry...most do not.

Having one green and one gold is long overdue (IMO). We can argue over shades all day.

You notice the number of uniform threads on the other sports boards on here are minimal in comparison to this board. Football uniforms for us old guys brings out passions. It's ok to disagree on it. To quit supporting your university because of the uniform selection frankly is bizarre to me. Free country...do as you please. I, will support the Bears.
OldSchoolBU
today on the internet, I read a post about a "fan" refusing to support his "team" because he didn't like the uniforms! I swear we have some low T fans.
The past is last! Be a champion today!
CorsicanaBear
His money, he can spend it (or not) how he pleases.

The message from the administration and BOR to alumni for a number of years has been "Shut up and send money. " An even stronger wording would be appropriate. Perhaps he got tired of the message.
Illigitimus non carborundum
OldSchoolBU
CorsicanaBear said:

The message from the administration and BOR to alumni for a number of years has been "Shut up and send money. " An even stronger wording would be appropriate. Perhaps he got tired of the message.
that's one way to look at it I guess. I think it has more to do with being low T. Eat some steak, lift some weights. If you feel like whining, slap yourself in the face and count your blessings. God forbid any real adversity beset some of our "fans".
The past is last! Be a champion today!
baylor1999
If we win, who gives a *****
Bears2Cane
DubDub, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Stan Mikita
DubDub said:

Well, that means Baylor will have $1 million less to pay out for lawsuits, filed under "Crying out to God" expenses.
DS Bear
I am certain that, if we start next season 8 or 9-0 and are ranked #12 in the nation, these will be widely accepted as the best unis we've ever worn.

Just win baby.
LTbear
DS Bear said:

I am certain that, if we start next season 8 or 9-0 and are ranked #12 in the nation, these will be widely accepted as the best unis we've ever worn.

Just win baby.

Also sure the OP will magically reappear.
jdrs
DS Bear said:

Just win baby.

Winning sure does cure a lot of things
No Longer Gold
Winning can't fix ugly. Winning can't bring back time honored traditions.

These things will be awful regardless of the football team being 15-0, or 0-12.
Pam Manhart
OldSchoolBU said:

CorsicanaBear said:

that's one way to look at it I guess. I think it has more to do with being low T. Eat some steak, lift some weights. If you feel like whining, slap yourself in the face and count your blessings. God forbid any real adversity beset some of our "fans".

LTbear
DubDub said:

Winning can't fix ugly. Winning can't bring back time honored traditions.

These things will be awful regardless of the football team being 15-0, or 0-12.

You're a complete moron. Please leave as you said you were.
PartyBear
Had Green Bear come out in 2013 I don't think the Briles era would have saved him. I think folks would still be pissed if his logo ensemble made it to the unis and there would be demands he and his bear paws be removed even during the back to back seasons.
Michibear
OP pulling the long con troll. Well played....
BellCountyBear
whitetrash
Just remember: if we win 3 games this fall, it will double the number of wins in BU history while wearing mustard yellow.
Russell Gym
Can a cloud take cover?
PartyBear
whitetrash said:

Just remember: if we win 3 games this fall, it will double the number of wins in BU history while wearing mustard yellow.

Did anyone ever think we would see a Beall uni again? I'm sure at some point during the crayola box era we will wear yellow pants green shirt and white helmet at McClane. Crappy.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Man, you should have expected to get pummeled with such a "negative nelly" post. I have been there. Such posts are generally not tolerated around here.

I really don't give a rat's ass about the color of uniforms of Baylor. Never have and never will. They lost me when I realized that the leadership and direction of Baylor and I really just no longer have much in common. People change. Companies change. College and Universities change. It is what it is. Life is too short to just settle and to just blindly go along to get along. Baylor is just a place I earned my college degree 33 years ago. Nothing more. And that is okay.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Guy Noir
OldSchoolBU said:

CorsicanaBear said:

What would real adversity look like?

Would it show up if the University kicked the Alumni Association off campus?
Would it show up if the University sued the Alumni out of existence?
Would it show up if the Chairman of the BOR called other alumni "Braindead idiots"?

Personally, I have heard the message stated above loud and clear.
Reverend
Unis dont make me care or not care. I dont care near as much as i used to, though. Reading this board hasn't helped. But i still read it just for fun.
Timbear
Just go 7-5 to 9-3 and jimmy crack corn and I don't care if they wear denim.
Shippou
I'm kinda meh to the whole thing. I'm 28 years old and all my life I've known traditional gold and not this grotesque sunflower hue they're trying to push on us.

I'm sure I'll feel better once we start winning, but all in all after a lot of hype I just feel kinda letdown by this whole thing to be quite honest.
Reverend
"Im 28 years old, and all my life" make me laugh. No disrespect intended.
Shippou
Reverend said:

I'm sorry it's just from 1990 to 2018, with very few outliers we've worn gold(actual gold) helmets with some other colors mixed in there. To not see it is just weird to me.
Reverend
Shippou said:

Reverend said:

I'm sorry it's just from 1990 to 2018, with very few outliers we've worn gold(actual gold) helmets with some other colors mixed in there. To not see it is just weird to me.
I'm 67 and we're in the same boat.
Bubear2020
A former alumni association member who feels personally attacked by the alumni association being shutdown. There was no reason to have a separate branch most colleges and their alumni association are together and Baylor had one on campus and another group turned BLR off campus spouting off like a bunch of idiots.

A lot of you don't realize how hard it is to manage a university especially one of our size that is trying to keep its Christian values in a world of political correctness and trying to stay financially stable without killing tuition payers. It's not easy but I know all of you have the answers to everything just like you do during football season despite not coaching at all only with the exception of your sons peewee team where you tried to make your son the hero you never were. Now some of you will feel super attacked saying that wasn't me but knowing deep down I perfectly summed you up.

Is this post whiny absolutely. The true fans here are so frekin tired of all you ungrateful whiny butts that weren't even around when all we would do is lose. So steal a move from the guy up top and just leave and I don't care if the door hits you on the way out or not as long as y'all are gone.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.