Football
Sponsored by

Different combo uniforms

5,998 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BearFish
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You're right Lolol. I will re phrase that. That was embarrassing.
CoachHBU2008
A friend, who is a graphic artist did a rendering of the new uniforms with a historic tie in.

He took the new design and changed the numbering to a solid white. He then replaced the green pants with the white and created a more metallic looking version of the gold helmet.

This look is supposed to take on the return to the traditional colors that Nike and the school were trying to accomplish while paying homage to the Grant Teaff era uniform style. He didn't make any changes to the actual design knowing that an extreme redesign wouldn't take place until a couple of years. He took what Nike gave us and worked from there. I think they look sharp and make the design strike a chord that more fans could get on board with. Personally the new look is starting to grow on me except for the all yellow although it is bearable with the green lids. Lol

Photoshop Rendering:
https://paste.pics/5BUAM

Grant Teaff Era Unis:
https://paste.pics/5C79L

My friend is also working on an animation on the gold helmet. Had a really cool bronze gold type of helmet with a color switching affect depending on how the light hits it. Kind of like what the Notre Dame gold lids looked like when Teo was playing there except the gold he used is a little darker. Looked really cool when I saw him working on it. It had helmet stickers and everything. A really cool look.

I heard that there might eventually be a chance that the team gets a rendition of the gold lids. Interesting to see if that is true. The point is that I'm all for changing the gold back to our traditional school colors for the jersey. But the helmet has always been gold for the most part. Not necessarily the Vegas gold we've been rocking in the recent decade, but gold nonetheless. If they really want to keep with traditional taste while rebranding specifically to get all teams on one accord with our specific green and gold, I don't see a reason why in the closer future the uniform wouldn't be able to align closer with my friend's rendition. It would be an updated classic look that wouldn't infringe too much on Nike's redesign.
PartyBear
That looked good coach. Keep in mind the Gold/Green/Gold with Vegas gold was also a Teaff look. I preferred the darker gold Teaff used before however as the gold. But Teaff brought back our pre 1950s gold/green/gold look.

That said I have said since the unveil. This mustard yellow if metallicized would actually be sharp. What we have now appears in photos at least to be the un metallic version of the color helmets we wore in the 2013 Texas game or close to it. I think if we make the yellow numbers, and pants a metallic sheen with a more shiney fabric and make the helmet metallic, you have a good look. I would just ditch the yellow shirt, it isn't fixable. I incidentally think the green helmet should metallic as well. I never understood why it wasn't metallic with the last batch of unis either.
GRIZZLY79ER
If you notice the "yellow"/"gold" on the uni pant stripe Singletary is wearing...is the same that Nike is using currently.

IMO that color never looked right with those metallic gold lids worn at that time and previously. They never matched. The yellow in the stripe piping has always been the color used in Baylor's uniform trim until Briles era. It IS Baylor's traditional trim color.

For that reason I accept the Nike combination as authentic historical colors...and I like the new look A LOT.

Vegas gold was introduced by BU when they played their 1st game of season at Nebraska in late 80s, before B12...I was at the game. Teaff even alluded to intro of them during his coach's show after that game...referring to them as our "new Vegas Gold pants". They did wear the Vegas gold pants but retained the "old" gold helmets...and while I like the idea of gold color pants...they didnt match at all...looked thrown together.

Later years during Reedy's tenure, BU went to a shiny metallic helmet to match the Vegas gold...looked fine, but it was a departure from the yellow/gold Baylor always used previously on the historical unis' trim.

The new look is totally a match and looks great...and uses our authentic colors. I recommend cheering them on and support the team.
CoachHBU2008
I welcome the change. I don't think the unis are bad and will always support and cheer on the bears no matter what. Always have and will.

I actually said in another post that I thought Nike did a good job keeping it simple and not going overboard with graphics. I also like a return to our dandelion yellow. The rebrand made sense. Too many renditions of green and gold across the sports. It was a good idea.

I was under the impression that we've always had a gold shell, even before Teaff. Vegas gold was introduced during Teaff's time but we've had a gold shell helmet since the 40s. A gold helmet is a part of tradition. Having said that, I personally don't mind the gold lids with the dandelion yellow on the jersey. I think if done right it could make for a sharp contrast. I personally don't think that it would make the overall uniform look off. Especially if you just keep the pants white and green and not bother with the gold or yellow pants altogether. I didn't think the early Teaff era uniforms looked bad. I thought it looked lame when they added the Vegas gold pants. Then it was really easy to see the contrast in gold.

This is just my opinion. I'd like t just see what these jerseys would look like if we did use a gold dome or a metallic version of what we have that like Party said is closer to the look we had when we won the Big XII championship in 2013. Having said all of that, the new uniforms have grown a lot on me. I love its simplicity. I look forward to seeing them in action and cheering on this team. I think we are going to surprise a lot of folks this year in college football and possibly be a top 3 team in the Big XII. Yup. Lol. I said it. This team can be that good. We shall see. But thanks for the input! Sic'em Bears!
CoachHBU2008
PartyBear said:

That looked good coach. Keep in mind the Gold/Green/Gold with Vegas gold was also a Teaff look. I preferred the darker gold Teaff used before however as the gold. But Teaff brought back our pre 1950s gold/green/gold look.

That said I have said since the unveil. This mustard yellow if metallicized would actually be sharp. What we have now appears in photos at least to be the un metallic version of the color helmets we wore in the 2013 Texas game or close to it. I think if we make the yellow numbers, and pants a metallic sheen with a more shiney fabric and make the helmet metallic, you have a good look. I would just ditch the yellow shirt, it isn't fixable. I incidentally think the green helmet should metallic as well. I never understood why it wasn't metallic with the last batch of unis either.

That's a great analysis. Looking at the new gold domes, I think you're right in saying that if metallic it would look like those 2013 Big XII championship lids. I too like the darker gold domes. We'll agree to disagree on the pants. Never was really a fan of the metallic looking gold. I think leaving it white just gives it a simpler look. Always enjoy your analysis my friend! Sic'em Bears!
Jacques Strap
My favorite of all time was the flat green helmet with green top and lids. This green is not quite as good but still looks good. All mustard I think will be my favorite out of this bunch.
AstroCowboy

Love it!
CorsicanaBear
We'll fling our green and mustard afar.
Illigitimus non carborundum
BearFish
All yellow is a bad, bad look. The uniform combos look great! They should have unveiled all the looks instead of 3 monochrome versions. Classic bad Baylor PR.

They should have also show us a new bear helmet version along with a sailor bear version. If we'd had all of the combos released via social media along with multiple helmet versions the fan base would have been happy.

The graphic designer who updated the photos with uniform combos should be given season tickets for saving the uniform reveal.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.