Football
Sponsored by

So when do we hear the verdict from the NCAA?

6,803 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Brian Ethridge
PartyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Curious
LTbear
I vaguely think I remember someone on the pay board saying in either a couple weeks or a couple months.
BUBear24
Next month or so.
Baylor3216
Mid to late May obviously. Then we let our recruits transfer to UT
chukronos
The friday before our first game.
EasyE
Once we start beating Texas and Oklahoma again.
Johnny Bear
EasyE said:

No - we'll hear from the NCAA well before that. However, if we do start beating UT and OU again, that's when to expect the next "scandal" to magically appear.
Dman
EasyE said:

Who needs the NCAA when you have our BoR?
Krieg
So much sad truth in this thread.

I've heard that the NCAA has to get back to us by May sometime. I don't know if that's a sure finality to the deal or if we can respond yet again

I do know a regent said to me, "Well, we did have violations..." Hopefully they used the UNC defense of we sucked for every student and don't try to blame the scapegoat again.
Russell Gym
Bowl ban, loss of scholarships, vacated wins & championships? All of the above? Slap on wrist?
Grumpy
NCAA said no penalties provided we wear yellow for the next 3 years. That would be punishment enough.
BUGWBBear
Grumpy said:

NCAA said no penalties provided we wear yellow for the next 3 years. That would be punishment enough.

This ^^^^^^^
boognish_bear
And what about the Texas Rangers investigation?

Walker never took this long to solve a case

Russell Gym
Never bet against Walker Texas Railey.
Stan Mikita

"I am prepared to wait for my answer until Hell freezes over"
lawmaker
KU board

https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Board/103723/Contents/Baylor-The-Scandal-Saga-Continues-131444702/
Johnny Bear
lawmaker said:

KU board

https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Board/103723/Contents/Baylor-The-Scandal-Saga-Continues-131444702/
And we care what the haters on the KU board are posting because...........?????
Buck Masters
Johnny Bear said:

lawmaker said:

KU board

And we care what the haters on the KU board are posting because...........?????
Comedic amusement?
I'm intercontinental when I eat french toast.
LTbear
This scandal never ends.
Texasjeremy
lawmaker said:

KU board

I think they are going to be very disappointed.
boognish_bear
KU has zero room to judge with what's been happening in their b-ball program the last 5 years or so

Johnny Bear
boognish_bear said:

KU has zero room to judge with what's been happening in their b-ball program the last 5 years or so

Yes, but they're a "blue blood" (at least as far as men's bball goes) and therefore enjoy a double standard separate set of rules especially as far as any potential punishment from the NCAA. Obviously ditto for North Carolina.
Derp
I am curious about the Texas Rangers investigation as well- I had forgotten about it considering it launched almost two years ago and I don't recall hearing a word about it afterwards

Perhaps those of you in San Antonio can contact State Representative Roland Gutierrez and find out details because, as he likes to say, we 'sure as hell' should know what our tax dollars went towards.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
Man I couldn't give two !@#$s about what any former big 8 members think. They are a collection of nimrods that we never should have aligned ourselves with. I can count on one hand the number of people I've met from those states that weren't complete and utter morons.

You could burn Oklahoma, Kansas and Iowa to the ground and I'd go outside and enjoy some iced tea because I wouldn't give a damn.
Johnny Bear
Derp said:

I am curious about the Texas Rangers investigation as well- I had forgotten about it considering it launched almost two years ago and I don't recall hearing a word about it afterwards

Perhaps those of you in San Antonio can contact State Representative Roland Gutierrez and find out details because, as he likes to say, we 'sure as hell' should know what our tax dollars went towards.
Seriously, the Texas Rangers have enough time on their hands to waste investigating this(???).
Brian Ethridge
Staff
PartyBear said:

Curious

Sooner or later

Not worrying about it
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.