Football
Sponsored by

2 former Baylor Bears having success with Briles in Italy

2,605 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Wineguy89
BiPolarBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.wahpetondailynews.com/national/sports/former-baylor-bears-having-success-with-briles-in-italy/article_13b41fba-fa54-58e7-81dc-d88429b549b4.html

The Italian league allows for two American players per roster, and Briles tapped some familiar names to fill those spots former Baylor players Lynx Hawthorne and Silas Nacita. Hawthorne has been playing quarterback for Guelfi, while Nacita is more of a do-it-all scatback.
Michibear
Happy for Salsa and Lynx. Living in Italy and playing football seems like a nice way to live.

Having glanced at the article, I think my biggest takeaway is that "Milano Seamen" is a really unfortunate name for a football team.

Also, that video by Silas is pretty interesting.
Stan Mikita
Good to know those guys are having a blast in Italy. Silas is a damn good storyteller.
BUGWBBear
Nacita was tearing up the field in the video of the first game I saw.

Damn NCAA....
Saddle Up!
So sad to see. Such a waste on multiple levels.
BearFan33
Awesome. Thanks for posting
Sampi82
I'm traveling to Italy at the end of May - namely to Rome and Florence. Been in touch with a Silas and have plans to attend a home game in Florence along with meeting for dinner one night. Been losing some weight in planning for the much higher than usual pasta intake I'll be having while there.
Baylor3216
Sampi82 said:

I'm traveling to Italy at the end of May - namely to Rome and Florence. Been in touch with a Silas and have plans to attend a home game in Florence along with meeting for dinner one night. Been losing some weight in planning for the much higher than usual pasta intake I'll be having while there.

Italian food in America is better
historian
Baylor3216 said:

Sampi82 said:

I don't know. My one stint in Italy was only 2 days in Milan back in 2001 but I remember that the food was great.
Wineguy89
Baylor3216 said:

Sampi82 said:

Your forgot the sarcasm/......part. Or you're completely nuts.......your call
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.