Football
Sponsored by

Any word on how the "admins" have reacted to the overall sentiment?

7,027 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Krieg
No Longer Gold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's obvious the fans don't like it.

Just wondering how the "legislators" have reacted.

Do they feel that alums are stupid, and stay the course since we don't know what's best for BU, or are they willing, able, and trying to make a change?

I hope all of you have sent a note to those able to save us from this atrocity.
gabear
Uh, by far most fans love the new logos, uniforms, and overall branding. The only hate anywhere for it is here on this website.

Pretty confident the president and her cabinet are not all that concerned with "dubdub's" internet angry talk.
LTbear
DubDub said:

Do they feel that alums are stupid, and stay the course since we don't know what's best for BU, or are they willing, able, and trying to make a change?

No, that's not really obvious. Your sample size is perhaps a couple dozen posters on an internet message board.
BUBBFAN
I think the are great, so you can put me in the plus column. Not an admin though.
MarineBear
gabear said:

Uh, by far most fans love the new logos, uniforms, and overall branding. The only hate anywhere for it is here on this website.

Pretty confident the president and her cabinet are not all that concerned with "dubdub's" internet angry talk.
I think that's a false statement. Unfortunately I am a Facebook and Twitter user and I saw nothing but negative comments on anything that was posted about the uniforms and the new university brand. My wife uses Instagram and she saw the same type of reactions and negativity in response to everything that was released.

I'm starting to think that only a small group of people from this website are the only ones who really like the new logos, uniforms, and overall branding.
Guy Noir
I think your claims exceed the truth.
LTbear
MarineBear said:

gabear said:

I think that's a false statement. Unfortunately I am a Facebook and Twitter user and I saw nothing but negative comments on anything that was posted about the uniforms and the new university brand. My wife uses Instagram and she saw the same type of reactions and negativity in response to everything that was released.

I'm starting to think that only a small group of people from this website are the only ones who really like the new logos, uniforms, and overall branding.

I use Twitter, FB and IG. Far more positive than negative. So I assume now we can agree that basing such claims on these things is pretty worthless.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Recruits like them.
4th and Inches
The negs on social media could be the same posters on here too... the new unis are different but do represent to school well
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
curtpenn
Brian Ethridge said:

Recruits like them.
Hard to really know, but my guess is new recruits would like whatever. If true, then why not try to find something more representative of decades worth of heritage that's pleasing to those whose memories extend farther back than, say 2013?
PartyBear
LTbear said:

MarineBear said:

gabear said:

I use Twitter, FB and IG. Far more positive than negative. So I assume now we can agree that basing such claims on these things is pretty worthless.

I'm not sure where you were looking. The athletic departments twitter comments , and Rhule's twitter feed was pretty overwhelmingly negative.
BayouCity
The reason that social media was overwhelmingly negative is because that's what social media is. It's a place where people can go and dish out whatever hate they may have with little to no recourse.

Nobody is breaking down doors to compliment the new look because that's just the way it is. When was the last time you demanded to speak to a restaurant manager to compliment the service?
Brian Ethridge
Staff
curtpenn said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Recruits like them.
Hard to really know, but my guess is new recruits would like whatever. If true, then why not try to find something more representative of decades worth of heritage that's pleasing to those whose memories extend farther back than, say 2013?

Recruits think they're fresh and clean.

I like them all as well. Didn't like the cream claws. Everyone has chrome helmets now. Nike brought the simple style. Classic look.
jumpinjoe
Heck, offer me a scholarship worth $60 K a year and I will wear whatever you want me to show up to compete in....so long as it is not a nylon teddy some track guys wear with a sock in the jock.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
LTbear
PartyBear said:

LTbear said:

MarineBear said:

gabear said:

I'm not sure where you were looking. The athletic departments twitter comments , and Rhule's twitter feed was pretty overwhelmingly negative.
Timbear
Rhule brought in the Penn St simple style that hasn't changed for 60 years. Remember a few years ago when Baylor's units were cutting edge?
George Truett
DubDub said:

I love the new stuff.

Everybody I know does, other than a few unfortunates who post here.
George Truett
BayouCity said:

The reason that social media was overwhelmingly negative is because that's what social media is. It's a place where people can go and dish out whatever hate they may have with little to no recourse.

Nobody is breaking down doors to compliment the new look because that's just the way it is. When was the last time you demanded to speak to a restaurant manager to compliment the service?
This.
Prairie_Bear
I like them. Data says "rage" gets more engagement, so using social media as a barometer for anything is almost as much a fools errand as using uniform color as your hill to die on as an adult.
PartyBear
I think some of you want to re write history. When the last unis were unveiled in 13 they were well received on social media and on baylorfans. Then when additions were made like gun metal those were also viewed positively on social media. I'm not claiming it was unanimously liked or loved just like the new ones are not unanimously disliked. But the sentiment was the opposite in 13.
trey3216
curtpenn said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Recruits like them.
Because a bunch of our 'heritage' has been the suck
KSGeo
Brian Ethridge said:

curtpenn said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Recruits like them.

Recruits think they're fresh and clean.

I like them all as well. Didn't like the cream claws. Everyone has chrome helmets now. Nike brought the simple style. Classic look.
this is the most important point. what was cutting edge 6 years ago is tired now. Clean and classic is what kids like today.

Actually the surest way to know what's cool right now is to find whatever will get a bunch of baby boomer Baptists grousing. By that metric, I know that Nike did a great job.
LTbear
PartyBear said:

I think some of you want to re write history. When the last unis were unveiled in 13 they were well received on social media and on baylorfans. Then when additions were made like gun metal those were also viewed positively on social media. I'm not claiming it was unanimously liked or loved just like the new ones are not unanimously disliked. But the sentiment was the opposite in 13.

I think the same could be said of you - there was plenty of negative reaction to the butter/ cream/ khaki cloth, and there was even some mixed reaction to wearing black among many online (most embraced it after how well that game went though; amazing what winning in a uniform can do); and there was A LOT of negative reaction to the grey uniforms.
curtpenn
trey3216 said:

curtpenn said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Recruits like them.
Because a bunch of our 'heritage' has been the suck
And a bunch of it has been wonderful. It's all a matter of perspective. Not to mention the depth of the valleys magnifies the heights of the mountains.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
LTbear said:

PartyBear said:

I think the same could be said of you - there was plenty of negative reaction to the butter/ cream/ khaki cloth, and there was even some mixed reaction to wearing black among many online (most embraced it after how well that game went though; amazing what winning in a uniform can do); and there was A LOT of negative reaction to the grey uniforms.
The gunmetal were blasted as well.
bear2be2
I don't think the response to these uniforms has been overwhelmingly anything. Those claiming otherwise are largely projecting their own views -- positive or negative -- onto everyone else.

The truth is the reaction to these uniforms has been decidedly split. Those who like them, love them. Those who dislike them, hate them. And there's a pocket of folks in the middle who think they're OK or just don't care enough to be bothered.

Aside from the white options, I don't care for these uniforms. But many of my friends like them a lot. In other words, this is like every other issue on earth where varying opinions exist, and that's OK.
Dia del DougO
There isn't any real reaction until it's seen on the field. Then you have different combinations ever week. Most people that pay money to go to games probably don't even know about it yet. They're too busy making money.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Bears2Cane
MarineBear said:

gabear said:

Yeah... this isn't true. This poll indicates that a majority of 634 Twitter users like the uniforms. Baylor Twitter had mixed reviews, but more people like the new uniforms than those who dislike them.

No Longer Gold
Bears2Canes said:

MarineBear said:

gabear said:

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="AiFXCA4"><a href="//imgur.com/AiFXCA4"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yeah... this isn't true. This poll indicates that a majority of 634 Twitter users like the uniforms. Baylor Twitter had mixed reviews, but more people like the new uniforms than those who dislike them.
its really not though. Baylor wanted to pick a fight, so they did. I dont get it. If they would have stayed with the tried and true gold, no one would have complained. now many are complaining. its marketing 101, and they failed.
LTbear
DubDub said:

Bears2Canes said:

MarineBear said:

gabear said:

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="AiFXCA4"><a href="//imgur.com/AiFXCA4"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

its really not though. Baylor wanted to pick a fight, so they did. I dont get it. If they would have stayed with the tried and true gold, no one would have complained. now many are complaining. its marketing 101, and they failed.

Your perspective is flawed by looking at the situation only through the eyes of the small number of alumni who care about these things (meaning, your own opinion) rather than from a more comprehensive marketing and branding perspective. On that, your argument fails.

If fashion bothers you that much, by all means, email and call and yell at the regents or Livingstone or Rhoades. See how it goes. It's doing you no good to repeat the same (sometimes false) claims and ideas on here ad nauseum, unless you just desperately need the cathartic release.
Willie
Timbear said:

Rhule brought in the Penn St simple style that hasn't changed for 60 years. Remember a few years ago when Baylor's units were cutting edge?
Rhule literally had nothing to do with the uniform design. nada. zero. How people make stuff up and present it as fact amazes me.
trey3216
DubDub said:

Bears2Canes said:

MarineBear said:

gabear said:

Baylor wanted to pick a fight, eh? You should call your doctor and get that script refilled.

And as to Marketing 101... You apparently don't know anything about marketing. The fact that you're still bringing it to light religiously, 11 days later, shows that it hit a spot. That's a good thing in marketing. You failed yet again.
BayouCity
DubDub said:

Baylor wanted to pick a fight, so they did. I dont get it. If they would have stayed with the tried and true gold, no one would have complained. now many are complaining. its marketing 101, and they failed.
What's your end game here? At this point what do you hope to accomplish by incessantly ranting and raving on each uniform related post on this board? Do you really think that Baylor went through an entire university re-branding effort just so they could pick a fight with alumni? Are you hoping that they notice the error in their ways, publicly apologize to you, and re-brand again with your help along the way? What's the point of continuing like this?

You may think you understand marketing 101 (sounds very convincing) but Baylor and Nike are on a different level.

You've made your position very clear on the matter. Move on.
BayouCity
Willie said:

Rhule literally had nothing to do with the uniform design. nada. zero. How people make stuff up and present it as fact amazes me.

Check out 2:00 on this video. Sounds like a fact to me. I don't think that Rhule walked in and said "give me Penn State or give me death" but he did have input.
Dia del DougO
Bears2Canes said:

MarineBear said:

gabear said:

That seems like a pretty poor ratio of likes to nonlikes. Anything new is usually going to get that new car treatment for a while.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.