Football
Sponsored by

Any word on how the "admins" have reacted to the overall sentiment?

7,030 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Krieg
Bears2Cane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dia del DougO said:

Bears2Canes said:

MarineBear said:

gabear said:

Uh, by far most fans love the new logos, uniforms, and overall branding. The only hate anywhere for it is here on this website.

Pretty confident the president and her cabinet are not all that concerned with "dubdub's" internet angry talk.
I think that's a false statement. Unfortunately I am a Facebook and Twitter user and I saw nothing but negative comments on anything that was posted about the uniforms and the new university brand. My wife uses Instagram and she saw the same type of reactions and negativity in response to everything that was released.

I'm starting to think that only a small group of people from this website are the only ones who really like the new logos, uniforms, and overall branding.
Yeah... this isn't true. This poll indicates that a majority of 634 Twitter users like the uniforms. Baylor Twitter had mixed reviews, but more people like the new uniforms than those who dislike them.

That seems like a pretty poor ratio of likes to nonlikes. Anything new is usually going to get that new car treatment for a while.
Maybe you're right. Regardless, the poll indicates that MarineBear's assertion that Twitter had "nothing but negative comments on anything that was posted about the uniforms and the new university brand" was false. In fact, there was a soft majority of users who actually liked the uniforms.
ShooterTX
I don't remember the chrome helmets recieving such a negative response.
I do remember allot of flack from the gun metal, but I always liked them.
However, if they had tried to replace the classic gold with either gun metal or even chrome helmets... there would have been a pretty bad reaction. I think the negative is primarily due to the replacing of gold with yellow, especially on the helmets.
Eball
But seriously...what about the color of the carpet in the sanctuary? I may have to switch Churches if they go with Red over Green!
Russell Gym
Eball said:

But seriously...what about the color of the carpet in the sanctuary? I may have to switch Churches if they go with Red over Green!

I hear that Lake Of Fire red is gaining popularity these days.
Iron Claw
My fashion conscious 15 year old nephew loves baseball. I sent him pics of the new grey unis and his response was we needed one in yellow. I sent him the pic of the "yellow/gold/cheddar" football uni and he loved it. I like the new look.

Recruits love new stuff. They love hype.
Stranger
Any way you slice the cheese, the new outfits suck.

No gold hats?

Has anybody heard little Matty weigh in on this garbage? Or does he care?

We'll fling our green and velveeta afar!
I'm a Bearbacker
trey3216
Stranger said:

Any way you slice the cheese, the new outfits suck.

No gold hats?

Has anybody heard little Matty weigh in on this garbage? Or does he care?

We'll fling our green and velveeta afar!
Redbrickbear
Again.........to everyone that hates the new uniforms.

They will be gone within 4 years and replaced.

Its not like these are forever.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
They definitely are ugly, but we still cash those Nike checks.
Krieg
KSGeo said:

Brian Ethridge said:

curtpenn said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Recruits like them.
Hard to really know, but my guess is new recruits would like whatever. If true, then why not try to find something more representative of decades worth of heritage that's pleasing to those whose memories extend farther back than, say 2013?

Recruits think they're fresh and clean.

I like them all as well. Didn't like the cream claws. Everyone has chrome helmets now. Nike brought the simple style. Classic look.
this is the most important point. what was cutting edge 6 years ago is tired now. Clean and classic is what kids like today.

Actually the surest way to know what's cool right now is to find whatever will get a bunch of baby boomer Baptists grousing. By that metric, I know that Nike did a great job.

There's literally nothing classic in the uniforms. I don't understand how people keep spouting that lie. You can like them, fine, but nothing with mustard yellow and a completely brand new logo can be classic in any way.

Same for a very different font for both the numbers and letters and a non-outlined BU logo. Literally the entire uniform is different than what we've had in the last 25 years.

That doesn't have to be bad, but stop it with the classic lie. They're not classic at all.

Also, the yellow uniforms are incredibly ugly. I can live with the rest, but that all yellow (and really anything that doesn't just use it as an accent color) is horrible. I've found nobody outside this thread that has said they like that particular uniform.
Krieg
curtpenn said:

trey3216 said:

curtpenn said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Recruits like them.
Hard to really know, but my guess is new recruits would like whatever. If true, then why not try to find something more representative of decades worth of heritage that's pleasing to those whose memories extend farther back than, say 2013?
Because a bunch of our 'heritage' has been the suck
And a bunch of it has been wonderful. It's all a matter of perspective. Not to mention the depth of the valleys magnifies the heights of the mountains.

Yeah, but when they won't allow acknowledging our highest mountains the history is bad for almost 30 years straight now.
Krieg
BayouCity said:

Willie said:

Rhule literally had nothing to do with the uniform design. nada. zero. How people make stuff up and present it as fact amazes me.

Check out 2:00 on this video. Sounds like a fact to me. I don't think that Rhule walked in and said "give me Penn State or give me death" but he did have input.

He either had significant input or he lied. He made a joke about not being big into fashion or something like that after the unveiling. You don't make the joke if you didn't have a fairly large say in the uniforms.

Side note, when does baseball, softball, etc make the switch? Most of this uniforms look good and it can't be hard to make that amount of them quickly. What's the point of all this branding talk if you're not rolling it out ASAP?
Timbear
If y'all think that any HC doesn't have a say in how his team looks on the field, you're crazy.
curtpenn
Redbrickbear said:

Again.........to everyone that hates the new uniforms.

They will be gone within 4 years and replaced.

Its not like these are forever.
Does it have to be that long? I may be gone by then, too.
BayouCity
Krieg said:

I don't understand how people keep spouting that lie.
Quote:

That doesn't have to be bad, but stop it with the classic lie.
Quote:

He either had significant input or he lied.

Look I don't know what's going on in your personal life but you probably need to chill out wit the lies.
Krieg
BayouCity said:

Krieg said:

I don't understand how people keep spouting that lie.
Quote:

That doesn't have to be bad, but stop it with the classic lie.
Quote:

He either had significant input or he lied.

Look I don't know what's going on in your personal life but you probably need to chill out wit the lies.

I'm actually using someone's words to prove he chose the uniforms. The only other possibility is he lied, which wouldn't make any sense.

As for the "classic" bs, love the unis or hate them what else do you call that line? It's clearly false and easily verifiable by anyone with the sense of sight. I don't mind calling dishonesty out when it's blatant. Everyone should, frankly, but the world has a lot of cowards.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.