Football
Sponsored by

Bad planning or sign that recruits don't like uniforms

3,123 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Russell Gym
BearFish
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why would you do a uniform reveal to scale that Baylor just did and not have them available for recruiting visits? A big part of recruiting is having high school prospects pose for Instagram in your uniforms. Not having jerseys, helmets available is a huge missed opportunity to establish the brand. Which would be typical Baylor AD PR.

Or

The coaching staff knows the recruits don't like the new look and are getting as much mileage from the old uniforms and gold chrome as they can.

Also, why wouldn't you have jerseys, gear, hats available online immediately when you've had months to prepare for a uniform reveal?
BiPolarBear
If a recruit decides on a school based on the uniform no one would ever sign with Maryland.

A recruit is more concerned about how fast they can get into a uniform than what it looks like.
BearFish
To further the brand you need to get images of your brand/uniform pushed via social media. This is a prime marketing opportunity for the football program to make an impression. It's a big missed opportunity for Baylor and shows how amateurish this was handled
PartyBear
I have noticed the recruits still wear green and vegas gold. In fact Rhule has posted photos of himself wearing dark green and vegas gold gear since the unveil.
CorsicanaBear
Quote:

If a recruit decides on a school based on the uniform no one would ever sign with Maryland.

A recruit is more concerned about how fast they can get into a uniform than what it looks like.
We have been told that recruit appreciation for the uniform style is highly correlated to their willingness to commit. Are you saying this is not necessarily so?
Illigitimus non carborundum
Bear8084
A little premature to start jumping to conclusions about the uniforms and recruits. Overall they seem to like them, current players too.
MarineBear
I might have missed it in another forum thread, but I have not seen any proof that recruits actually like the new uniforms. Uniforms these days do hold a decent amount of weight in the recruits decision to show interest or even commit to a school, so I am also confused as to the route we took with the new ones. If recruits actually like them then I am all for it, but I can definitely see why they would rather take their visit photos in the old unis.
BUGWBBear
BiPolarBear said:

If the flag helmet doesn't send them into epilepsy first.
Dia del DougO
You gotta earn the cheddar before you can wear it.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
SFLBear
Look Good Feel Good, Feel Good Play Good, Play Good Win - It's that simple.
syme
Well what they've mostly shown us are highly edited computer graphics of the uniforms. Believe it or not they look worse in person.
Doc Holliday
syme said:

Well what they've mostly shown us are highly edited computer graphics of the uniforms. Believe it or not they look worse in person.
Yeah they're going to look horrible in natural sunlight.
bubbadog
Dia del DougO said:

LOL. I'd like to see that inscribed on the practice jerseys: EARN THE CHEDDAR.
"Free your ass and your mind will follow." -- George Clinton
Dia del DougO
bubbadog said:

Dia del DougO said:

It beats the living **** out of "trust the process."
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Stefano DiMera
Ahhh the off-season...when Baylor fans worry about things unnecessarily...
trey3216
Dia del DougO said:

bubbadog said:

Dia del DougO said:

It beats the living **** out of "trust the process."
That beats the living **** out of "Truth Don't Lie"
Sailor Bear
BearFish said:

Why would you do a uniform reveal to scale that Baylor just did and not have them available for recruiting visits? A big part of recruiting is having high school prospects pose for Instagram in your uniforms. Not having jerseys, helmets available is a huge missed opportunity to establish the brand. Which would be typical Baylor AD PR.

Or

The coaching staff knows the recruits don't like the new look and are getting as much mileage from the old uniforms and gold chrome as they can.

Also, why wouldn't you have jerseys, gear, hats available online immediately when you've had months to prepare for a uniform reveal?
The uniform reveal was not about football, in a vacuum. Even so, Matt Rhule got to campus following a devastating scandal and signed a top 40 class, which ranked 5th in the conference, in like 60 days. Then he signed a top 30 class, which ranked 4th in the conference after finishing with 1 win on the season.

We've got 8 months and an entire season to play until early signing day. I really don't think it matters what color jersey a kid wears and posts on Instagram in April, when he doesn't put pen to paper until December or February. And, if this website is any indication, grown men that haven't played football in their life seem to care more about this uniform stuff than the kids that will actually wear them.
Sailor Bear
BiPolarBear said:

Or Alabama, for that matter.
curtpenn
MarineBear said:

I might have missed it in another forum thread, but I have not seen any proof that recruits actually like the new uniforms. Uniforms these days do hold a decent amount of weight in the recruits decision to show interest or even commit to a school, so I am also confused as to the route we took with the new ones. If recruits actually like them then I am all for it, but I can definitely see why they would rather take their visit photos in the old unis.
What are you talking about? There's been plenty of assertions on here unequivocally stating that new recruits like them. What else do you require, sir?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
syme said:

Good post. We want football players, not runway models.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Russell Gym
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

syme said:

Good post. We want football players, not runway models.

Even coaches understand football players want to post uni photos on social media. It doesn't have to be the End Times.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.