Football
Sponsored by

New Uniforms For BUGWB?

3,962 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Yogi
Thee University
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I hear that they are considering changing from white spats to yellow.

Say it isn't so!
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
OldSchoolBU
great BUGWB Bear is going to put up a long post withdrawing his support for the band and the school. Can they start a band forum?
The past is last! Be a champion today!
BUGWBBear
You two go play in traffic.
DanaDane
Can't afford new unis. Retro plumes instead.
Thee University
DanaDane said:

What will our top BUGWB recruits think? We are going to lose out on 4 & 5 star piccolo players!
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
ABC BEAR
Thee University said:

DanaDane said:

What will our top BUGWB recruits think? We are going to lose out on 4 & 5 star piccolo players!
We will gladly take 3-stars. We redshirt them and put them in the weight room and nutrition center for a year before turning them into all-conference Sousaphone players.

Going from 3-stars to all-conference works with linebackers, it should work with piccolo players as well.
Thee University
ABC BEAR said:

We will gladly take 3-stars. We redshirt them and put them in the weight room and nutrition center for a year before turning them into all-conference Sousaphone players.

Going from 3-stars to all-conference works with linebackers, it should work with piccolo players as well.
Those 3 stars will never carry the brass. We should be looking to ditch the white plastic.

It's all about the uniforms my friends.

If Nike comes in and changes our logo what are we going to do?

Timbear
Teaching the newly recruited band members will take 3 years. First they'll just march, then they'll have to learn how to march in the wrong direction, and then , they can play.
SoFloBear2020
Current BUGWB Member here.

I can confirm that we will be wearing new uniforms next season, but I am not allowed to post images as they have not technically been made public to us yet.

Most of the changes are to fix fitment issues, the old jackets were really bulky and thick, so not great for hot Texas Saturdays, and more tapered pants for better comfort and mobility. Expect a slimmer looking design.

No idea about whether they're gonna change the BUGWB logo, but I know at least one of our directors doesn't like the new font, so maybe not.
whitetrash
SoFloBear2020 said:

I can confirm that we will be wearing new uniforms next season, but I am not allowed to post images as they have not technically been made public to us yet.

Most of the changes are to fix fitment issues, the old jackets were really bulky and thick, so not great for hot Texas Saturdays, and more tapered pants for better comfort and mobility. Expect a slimmer looking design.

No idea about whether they're gonna change the BUGWB logo, but I know at least one of our directors doesn't like the new font, so maybe not.
Yogi
The Yellow Stream Band?
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Edmond Bear
SoFloBear2020 said:

How slim? Like Mind the Gap slim?
ABC BEAR
Yogi said:

The Yellow Stream Band?
Golden Showers
SoFloBear2020
Edmond Bear said:

SoFloBear2020 said:

How slim? Like Mind the Gap slim?

Haha no, mostly it's just the cut being more angled in from the shoulders going down to the hips rather than straight down like the old ones.

For those of y'all worried about the colors (and this might even be sharing too much but I'll risk), they will be mostly green and white again like the old ones, although from what I've seen more green. There IS a fair chance that our Rally Uniforms (polos) and Dri-Fits (the shirts you see us wear during Bear Walk) will include the new font and gold color, since all of that is supplied to us by Nike. That said, they don't order those until the middle of the summer so I have no idea what those will look like.
Wichitabear
Thank you for posting. I love the band. Thank
You for all your hard week and representing our school so well Sic Em!
Wichitabear
Ok. I think we can forgive one performance.
Dia del DougO
Wichitabear said:

They were already on probation for the singing pizza homecoming incident.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Wichitabear
I never heard about that. I don't guess you want to explain what that was all about???
whitetrash
Dia del DougO said:

Wichitabear said:

Don't forget the Tribute to Sandi Patti.

Hamilton was the 3rd strike.
drahthaar
whitetrash said:

Dia del DougO said:

Wichitabear said:

Don't forget the Tribute to Sandi Patti.

Hamilton was the 3rd strike.

Agree on Hamilton. Somehow missed the Sandi Patti gig.
True Grit
I can't get the Fortnite Banana Skin out of my head as their new unis...

Wichitabear
Lolol that is so bad
Yogi
Back in the 1990's, BUGWB already used the "new yellow".

And we rocked Les Mis instead of Hamilton.

"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.