Football
Sponsored by

Tyreek Hill in how water

5,263 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by boognish_bear
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
First KC had the Kareem Hunt issues....now Tyreek

Mahomes losing some weapons

(Oops....typo in title....should say "hot"...not "how")

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Ole Tyreek was another guy who had issues in college but it appeared he had turned his life around and gotten his **** together. Apparently not. Absolutely NO excuse in any universe for abusing an innocent child. Another prime example of wasted talent.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
boognish_bear
Mitch Henessey
I hope someone takes a baseball bat to his head in a dark alley. What a POS
boognish_bear

historian
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Ole Tyreek was another guy who had issues in college but it appeared he had turned his life around and gotten his **** together. Apparently not. Absolutely NO excuse in any universe for abusing an innocent child. Another prime example of wasted talent.
Agreed.

And yet we live in a society in which 2,000-3,000 innocent children are murdered in the womb every day. Much of our culture ardently promotes the "right" to kill the innocent and many corrupt politicians refuse to stop the barbarity, repeating the lies that anyone has a right to kill and make the rest of us complicit in these crimes by making us pay for many of them.
Sic Em Bears
Historian,

Send out your thoughts and prayers that'll solve that problem too. Hypocrite.

Edit, sorry maybe your not the every day Christian, I'm sure you foster or have adopted. I'm sure that you do more than send out thoughts and prayers for other killings as well.

historian
boognish_bear said:

(Oops....typo in title....should say "hot"...not "how")
There is an edit button right next to the title...
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
historian
Sic Em Bears said:

Historian,

Send out your thoughts and prayers that'll solve that problem too. Hypocrite.

Edit, sorry maybe your not the every day Christian, I'm sure you foster or have adopted. I'm sure that you do more than send out thoughts and prayers for other killings as well.

No. I just tell the truth. And I refuse to lie because it is "politically correct."
Sic Em Bears
Sooo off topic.

Not asking you to lie. No one has, that's in your head, that is your generated cross to make you feel better about yourself.

Out of curiosity is all you do is send out your thoughts and prayers after these kids leave the womb? As a Christian how do you walk the walk after you've gotten your wish that they live? I'm assuming you foster, adopt, spend time and money with less privileged youth. Just curious how Christ like you REALY are.
historian
One thing I do not do is anything that supports the murder of innocents. That is barbaric.
Sic Em Bears
So, no, you do nothing else. Exactly what I expected out of a "Christian". Not a clue how unChrist like you really are.

historian said:

One thing I do not do is anything that supports the murder of innocents. That is barbaric.
Michibear
Sic Em Bears said:

So, no, you do nothing else. Exactly what I expected out of a "Christian". Not a clue how unChrist like you really are.

historian said:

Yeah, about that whole plank, speck, eye thing . . .
historian
Or maybe not supporting the murder of innocents. There is never any justification.

Talk about specks and planks!
Sic Em Bears
I am talking about step 2 through 1,000+ bro. Not arguing step one. You're an amazing Christian through step one, how about the rest of it, what do you do after? There are way to many "Christians" that stop after step one, preach about step one, pat themselves on the back, we prayed at that clinic for a whole 90 days, everyday that wasn't raining and was under 90 degrees we prayed, we did it, praise God. Where are you personally, when it gets hard where are you after that child is born? Historian, have you done or ever done anything after step one? Where is your Christianity after that? Have you ever adopted or been a foster parent?

historian said:

Or maybe not supporting the murder of innocents. There is never any justification.

Banned BarleyMcDougal
Big gulps, huh? Alright! Welp, see ya later!
bear2be2
historian said:

First, why is this discussion taking place on a thread about an abusive football player?

Second, the abortion issue is far more nuanced than you -- and anyone else who has turned it into a bumper sticker -- is willing to admit.

For the record, I personally think abortion is a scourge. In a perfect world, it would neither exist nor be viewed as a necessary alternative. And it certainly wouldn't be celebrated as a right or act of freedom. But this is far from a perfect world, and there are already hundreds of thousands of unwanted/uncared for children in this country that most in the "pro-life" camp chose to ignore/forget after birth. And there are many others in the homes of dedicated parents who struggle financially to care for them who would benefit from social programs the "pro-life" camp has actively fought against.

If the "pro-life" camp was actually pro life, it would focus on getting those issues solved before worrying about adding multitudes of additional children to those ranks. It would also stop fighting good sex education and the availability of reliable contraception, but that's for another post. The truth, though, is that the pro-life side would more accurately be described as "pro birth" because once those kids are born to parents who don't want them/can't take care of them, they're considered anchor babies and burdens by far too many.

If that doesn't describe you, good. The world needs more like you. But if it does, you're in the vast majority of evangelicals who've deceived themselves into believing that slapping a bumper sticker on their car, attending prayer meetings at church and calling the left murderers is making a substantial contribution to this discussion.

As long as the American foster care system has close to 400,000 kids in its charge, the American pro-life movement -- and sadly, the American Christian church -- is largely a sham.
Sic Em Bears
My point more eloquently put. Especially the last paragraph! They spend all their time in thoughts and prayers and little if any time helping solve the problem they helped create.

bear2be2 said:

historian said:

First, why is this discussion taking place on a thread about an abusive football player?

Second, the abortion issue is far more nuanced than you -- and anyone else who has turned it into a bumper sticker -- is willing to admit.

For the record, I personally think abortion is a scourge. In a perfect world, it would neither exist nor be viewed as a necessary alternative. And it certainly wouldn't be celebrated as a right or act of freedom. But this is far from a perfect world, and there are already hundreds of thousands of unwanted/uncared for children in this country that most in the "pro-life" camp chose to ignore/forget after birth. And there are many others in the homes of dedicated parents who struggle financially to care for them who would benefit from social programs the "pro-life" camp has actively fought against.

If the "pro-life" camp was actually pro life, it would focus on getting those issues solved before worrying about adding multitudes of additional children to those ranks. It would also stop fighting good sex education and the availability of reliable contraception, but that's for another post. The truth, though, is that the pro-life side would more accurately be described as "pro birth" because once those kids are born to parents who don't want them/can't take care of them, they're considered anchor babies and burdens by far too many.

If that doesn't describe you, good. The world needs more like you. But if it does, you're in the vast majority of evangelicals who've deceived themselves into believing that slapping a bumper sticker on their car, attending prayer meetings at church and calling the left murderers is making a substantial contribution to this discussion.

As long as the American foster care system has close to 400,000 kids in its charge, the American pro-life movement -- and sadly, the American Christian church -- is largely a sham.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
I hate to admit it, bear2be2, but this was a pretty damn good post. Looks like on this issue we agree.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Timbear
Tell me where Pro-Life groups don't care about kids at risk? Explain again why it's better to kill the unborn child. Planned parenthood is a butcher shop that sells baby parts. They advertise just like the local car dealership. Explain again why death is better than life.
Timbear
Bear2be2, many foster parents are Christians. So you're saying that we should have a perfect world before we stop killing children? You are twisted. You blame the only group trying to Save kids.
Mitch Henessey
Timbear said:

Bear2be2, many foster parents are Christians. So you're saying that we should have a perfect world before we stop killing children? You are twisted. You blame the only group trying to Save kids.
Reading comprehension is, uh, not your thing, is it?
Timbear
O my , Mitch is so cool. Tell me , brilliant one, what I didn't understand.
Timbear
Also, Sic'em, what problems do you say Christians created. You sound so smart when you say things like that.
Mitch Henessey
Any of bear2be2's post, for starters, if that's what you took from it.
bear2be2
Timbear said:

And many, many more aren't, despite having the means and capacity to be ... and a calling from Christ to care for the outcast. Most would rather talk about abortion on message boards or social media than contribute in any substantial way to the well-being of the country's most vulnerable population.

And in case you were unaware, leaving kids in the foster care system is effectively killing them in many cases -- at least their ability to lead productive, fulfilling lives. Some stats for you:

• More than 23,000 children will age out of the US foster care system every year.
  • After reaching the age of 18, 20% of the children who were in foster care will become instantly homeless.
  • Only 1 out of every 2 foster kids who age out of the system will have some form of gainful employment by the age of 24.
  • There is less than a 3% chance for children who have aged out of foster care to earn a college degree at any point in their life.
  • 7 out of 10 girls who age out of the foster care system will become pregnant before the age of 21.

So if you think I'm twisted, what must you think of a nation of 300 million people -- 75 percent of which identify as Christian -- that can't even care for its own children? My guess is you don't think much about it at all. Spouting trite anti-abortion slogans to strangers on the internet is so much easier.
bear2be2
Timbear said:

Tell me where Pro-Life groups don't care about kids at risk? Explain again why it's better to kill the unborn child. Planned parenthood is a butcher shop that sells baby parts. They advertise just like the local car dealership. Explain again why death is better than life.
It's pretty obvious from your posts that you didn't read mine, but I'm pretty staunchly anti-abortion. I just happen to despise American evangelicals who are more Republican than Christian -- and few issues make that distinction more clear than abortion does. The hypocrisy of fighting to force births when there are currently 400,000 kids in foster care is simply more than I can take.

You want to earn your "pro life" label? First take care of the kids who were born into the type of adverse situations that many aborted babies would have been. When you're no longer dooming an insane percentage of those kids to incarceration, homelessness, teen pregnancy, illiteracy, PTSD, etc., then you can shift your focus to the next crop.
Timbear
Bear2be2, you want to exterminate unborn children because of what might happen to them? You're blaming Christians because the world has problems. There are countless ministries and charities and individuals who work tirelessly to help at risk families and children. You're really proud of your statistics. You have the luxury of already being born. Easy for you to say. No criticism for Planned Parenthood? Why don't you just kill all unborn babies born in low income areas? You only want affluent families, and those families that you deem worthy, to have kids. Let's make you chairman of the committee that decides life or death. Yes, you are twisted.
Timbear
Also, Bear2be2, what are YOU doing, O judge mental one, to help at risk children? Bueller, Bueller....
Timbear
Looks like Bear2be2 has a personal problem with something at Church, having nothing to do with abortion, and this discussion just brought it out.
bear2be2
Timbear said:

Also, Bear2be2, what are YOU doing, O judge mental one, to help at risk children? Bueller, Bueller....

Well, I adopted my beautiful daughter out of foster care for one. Your turn.
drahthaar
Need to rename the thread.
bear2be2
Timbear said:

Bear2be2, you want to exterminate unborn children because of what might happen to them? You're blaming Christians because the world has problems. There are countless ministries and charities and individuals who work tirelessly to help at risk families and children. You're really proud of your statistics. You have the luxury of already being born. Easy for you to say. No criticism for Planned Parenthood? Why don't you just kill all unborn babies born in low income areas? You only want affluent families, and those families that you deem worthy, to have kids. Let's make you chairman of the committee that decides life or death. Yes, you are twisted.

For at least the third time, I'm not a proponent of abortion. I'm not trumpeting the virtues of the practice here. I'm calling out the hypocrisy of people like you who think paying lip service to this issue on the internet makes them pro life or that voting on the basis of this one issue gives them moral high ground. Neither will be the case until the children actually born in this country are cared for.

And I'm not proud of those stats at all. I'm ashamed by them. All Christians should be, as they paint an incredibly sad picture of people of faith in the world's most prosperous country.
Timbear
Hey Bear2be2, you don't know me. You don't know what activities, charities and ministries I'm involved in that help at risk kids. Lip service? You're an idiot! I work with Child Protective Servics helping place and educate and teach life skills to at risk kids. I work in our church's ministry to protect, and teach at risk kids. You are nuts. Don't ever act like you know anything about me, idiot.
Timbear
The fact that you judge and generalize about "Christians" is offensive just on the face of it. You've got a problem, man, and it's with the guy you see in the mirror.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.