Football
Sponsored by

Tyreek Hill in how water

5,335 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by boognish_bear
Timbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hey, Bear2be2, I adopted both of our children out of foster care, and our church has helped place over 100. Your turn.
Sic Em Bears
Great question. Very short answer. Christians don't want abortions and through their means they sometimes get their prayers answered. Where are those Christians after those prayers are answered?

Small sample size but let's say Christians we're doing their 90 days or prayer outside of a women's clinic here in Austin if you were to stop by twice to talk to them what percentage of the people would you save have done any work in foster care, had foster children, have adopted, have spent any time with special needs children..............it was you guessed it 0 you'd be right.

I am by no means saying all Christians, I'm saying most send out thoughts and prayers then do nothing. They talk about the "barbarics" but dooooooo nothing about the issues they helped cause. Yeah, they helped cause.

Timbear said:

Also, Sic'em, what problems do you say Christians created. You sound so smart when you say things like that.
Sic Em Bears
Where do you live? I'm set up with the Presbyterian children homes and services here in Austin.

Timbear said:

Hey, Bear2be2, I adopted both of our children out of foster care, and our church has helped place over 100. Your turn.
Sic Em Bears
The sad thing is you are the exception to the rule. If Christians that's spent their time praying outside a clinic, just that % stepped up we wouldn't have the problem we have now in the foster and adoption systems. If roe v wade is over turned it'll get worse.

Timbear said:

The fact that you judge and generalize about "Christians" is offensive just on the face of it. You've got a problem, man, and it's with the guy you see in the mirror.

bear2be2
Timbear said:

Good for you. Sincerely. That's awesome. I shouldn't have lumped you in with the vast majority in your camp who talk a lot and do very little.

But your action in this area should make you more highly attuned and frankly more critical of the lack of same by most in the "pro-life" movement. That your first inclination is to defend that group and an institution in the American church that is utterly failing disadvantaged youth in this country is puzzling to me, particularly given the heart you clearly have for those kids.
Timbear
Being tuned in is great. There are problems for sure. You seem to think that killing the unborn saves them. Whew! You're bitter about some issues, and you're resentful.
bear2be2
Timbear said:

Being tuned in is great. There are problems for sure. You seem to think that killing the unborn saves them. Whew! You're bitter about some issues, and you're resentful.

I don't think most objective observers would look at our exchange here, which includes zero personal attacks from me and about a half-dozen from you, and conclude that I'm the bitter, resentful one.

And the fact that you're still misrepresenting my position on this topic makes it pretty clear that you have no real interest in a good-faith conversation here.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
I have adopted 30 kids from Foster Care, built my church (drove the nails in with my own bare hands), fly on weekends to Africa to feed the poor, and took a bullet for the Pope. Your turn!

LOL!!!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
BaylorOkie
Tim, it's time to step away from the keyboard for a little while. 2be2 is one of the more thoughtful and rational posters on this site. I'm sure he's not coming at you personally. Just giving some well-thought-out observations. I hope you can step back and see your reactions are not helping, but just throw fuel on the fire and reinforce negative viewpoints of christians.

I'm not an evangelical. I don't even know what that means. All I know is I don't want to be one because that is nothing but a negative term these days. I am a Christian. And I agree that the church as a whole does only a tiny fraction of what it should be doing to help people in this world. And that's because the people that make up the church are not doing their part, both financially and otherwise. I have no data to back this up but I believe if every Christian tithed like the bible says, the church could take care of the poor and the welfare system may not even be necessary.

Those statistics about kids in foster care are depressing. But they make sense to me firsthand. My daughter's birth father came out of the foster care system and his life was a wreck. We tried to help him the best we could but he wouldn't let us and eventually ended up killing himself with prescription drugs. He Left behind four kids with three different women, a sad life indeed.

The intent and idea behind christians that want better for kids and less fortunate people is great. But more of us need to put our money where our mouth is. That's something that I believe just can't be denied. And there's no sense in getting defensive about it because it is truth.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.