Football
Sponsored by

CMR was not a Mistake

21,305 Views | 163 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BaylorRocks
Timbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Art's record of 50 wins in his last 5 years, 2 Championships and a Heisman winner are unparalleled in Baylor football history. Just move along and let's focus on 2019.
BaylorRocks

38 - 0
historian
zunooreo said:

38 - 0
I hope that 38-0 is the final score of our victory tomorrow!
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
RegentCoverup
Stranger said:

Bear8084 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Bear8084 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Bear8084 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Bear8084 said:

Stranger said:

Bear8084 said:

JohnProctor said:

Very hesitant to stir the pot here, but I cannot seem to stop myself.

CMR is 8-17 with maybe one win over a team with a winning record. Bad roster excuse is just spin. He had at least 500 talent both years IMO.

He is the one we got, so I am rooting for him, but he has a long way to prove himself to be the right hire in my book and a few others of us not blinded with Baylor goggles.

Just talking record here. Seems like a decent guy fwiw.

S11, Brian and others has proven that is not true. And on top of that pretty much rebuilding a program that was devastated by scandal.

If you want to talk record, Briles was 8-16 after two years also, with back to back 4-8s. CMR got to a bowl game and won it in just year 2 of a major rebuild. It took Briles to his 4th year before winning a bowl.

Liberty University.

There is that.

Bowl win 2nd year. There is also that. One loss does not define a whole coaches' work.

UTSA. So there's that.

7-6 in year two.

Those who are clinging to earlier losses just have their blinders on to what progress is actually happening. If CMR has another good season with more wins the haters will get quieter and quieter with only a few ignorant "BuT LiBeRTy!!!" posts here and there.

25 percent of all of Matt Rhule's wins at Baylor have been against Kansas. So there's that.

Nice percentage for just year 2.

So is that all you do is trash this program now even though the projection of the program says otherwise with each passing day, interview, football camp, player's Tweets, recruiting info, etc?

My two previous posts were simply stating facts. If it makes you feel better to say I'm "trashing the program", then so be it. It just looks to me like you PUMPERS are setting yourselves up for a whole lot of disappointment.

It's trashing the program, not facts. The real facts say otherwise.

I'd say the facts speak.

If you knew the back story on why one of your cohorts here was *****ing, you wouldn't want that.

It's a testament to the decency of many here that it isn't brought up and thrown back in your faces.
RegentCoverup
Timbear said:

Art's record of 50 wins in his last 5 years, 2 Championships and a Heisman winner are unparalleled in Baylor football history. Just move along and let's focus on 2019.
He also put Baylor on the front page of every non-football publication in the country and didn't so much as once step in front of a microphone to take responsibility.

Right or wrong, guilt or innocent, the message he sent by avoiding any type of responsibility is what many will remember about him.

Keyser Soze
19-17-4 is a record too
historian
I have no idea why so many people cannot let go of the past. It's done. CAB is gone and not coming back. On the other side, 2017 is over and nothing but a bad memory, with some very good ones mixed in (watch the great plays from the Oklahoma game or the 4th quarter of the West Virginia game).

There is no reason not to believe that this will be a very good year for Baylor football. The team has announced their goal was 10 wins and to be in the mix for the conference title. They may not make it but we can believe they will make the effort and get close.
BaylorRocks
BUbearinARK
Looks good so far!
historian
CILIYATSI said:

BUbearinARK said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

I just don't feel like I belong anywhere.

I like both

Hopefully we improve on 7 wins. If we do, the first season can be forgotten... If we cannot improve, hope the NFL keeps calling the guy.

Hope they keep calling, and he keeps improving Baylor football.
BaylorRocks
2 - 0 time ...........

historian
I know the haters cannot rap their minds around the possibility and I know it is very remote, but consider this: what if CMR replicates what he did at Temple and has 10 wins in year 3? If Baylor does that this season, we could very well contend for the Big 12 title (the teams 2 stated goals). We won't get into the playoffs but will likely be #2 or #3 in the Big 12 & will almost certainly finish the season ranked pretty high. And you know that if all this happens miraculously and he stays, then the bar will be higher next year. He does have real potential.
BaylorRocks
5 - 0

Worthy of a BUMP. CMR was/is not a mistake...........

Sic'em
historian
zunooreo said:

5 - 0

Worthy of a BUMP. CMR was/is not a mistake...........

Sic'em
Agreed.
BaylorRocks
6 - 0 time........

CMR haters, suck it!

Sic'em
BaylorRocks
(From original thread that was locked and moved by this site's admin)

"Thread especially designed for those posters, err college football experts, who continue to endlessly call for CMR's firing after 1 season. No more need to work at diverting other Football threads/topics to your "Jersey" agenda. All of you can simply live here in one place, complain, beech, and bestow football expertise in unison, love on each other, and bask in your ability to lead this program to 11 win seasons, forever if you want to.

Consider this your very own, shiny brand new, open play field and courtroom. You're welcome, and enjoy!"

Sic'em
BaylorRocks
7 - 0 time.....

Sic'em
Friscobear
Keyser Soze said:

19-17-4 is a record too
25 or 6 to 4 is also a record.
BaylorRocks
Friscobear said:

Keyser Soze said:

19-17-4 is a record too
25 or 6 to 4 is also a record.

BUbearinARK
Edited to reflect updated improved thread appearance.....

SIC EM BEARS.....MAUL THE COWPOKES!
BUbearinARK
Hows this aging?
BaylorRocks
BUbearinARK said:

Hows this aging?
Very nicely.....

Sic'em
BaylorRocks
10 - 1

Sic'em
BaylorRocks
"CMR was not a Mistake"

Where are the trolls/haters now? Any questions?

Sic'em
BaylorRocks
11 - 1

Sic'em

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.