Football
Sponsored by

Mount Vernon Superintendent on TV talking about Briles hire

73,932 Views | 480 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by xiledinok
Thee University
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ShooterTX said:

Thee University said:

Good grief.

I hope someone signs him up. There are way too many green & gold panties being soiled daily here on 365.

It's been three years now.

He fired himself.

He brought in a few too many "bad dudes".

I'M HONESTLY WORRIED ABOUT A LARGE NUMBER OF YOU BOYS BREAKING FREE OF THIS FUNK ART PUT YOU IN.

Wow... just because people think he will get hired someday..... that is enough to set you off??

Did you react this poorly when people were pining away for Les Miles too? Did you freak out when he was finally hired by Kansas?

It's just a thread about a coach... let it go.
Obviously you have not been following my work here on 365. I don't get set off. This is an entertainment bulletin board. Nothing more.

Les Miles might have been a good hire but it did not happen. No big deal.

However, as a caring and nurturing CTE sufferer I do worry a lot about some of our more vocal residents here on 365.

I want Art to get a college job. Anywhere is great but preferably in the Big 12.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Stefano DiMera
LSU or A&M will hire a 74-75 year old coach?
57Bear
historian said:

... That's because the burden of proof is on the crackpot lawyer making up those wild numbers--probably out of thin air. ...
Proof not required if they are on the bor.
redfish961
xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

Sure didn't help that 0/0/0 was spread by Ian's buddy. The confusion helped make 52 look legit. Derps wanted their numbers and the public took the worst ones.

Mt Vernon's school boss is being called an idiot and other adjectives on different radio stations. The vetting questions made him look ignorant.

Legit question on the vetting. Did the MVISD Superintendent interview any of the victims?
No???
Would you please help us out and provide us the list of their names?
Thanks for your help with this matter

Rex, he should have said "we belief in 2nd,3rd,4th or however many chances because the wealthy influential Baylor alumni tells us and writes our checks."
Why don't you announce, as the father of a Florida State assistant coach and Baby Briles' assistant, the name of the influential wealthy Baylor graduate who runs the town and got Art the job?
Why hide from it?
The vetting answers made them look bad. Negative press because the truth cannot be told,

List of names or go away
Thanks

Just tell the truth. Let them put their career or reputation on the line. The school boss had zero input on hire. He is getting blasted. He's going 1-11 leading that district if you feel to keep score.

They don't release sexual assault victims' names to the public and you know the school is not going to while getting bent over in litigation. What kind of back woods wood do you think some alumni are from Baylor? Common sense tells me the world hasn't operated that way in years. Even self professed "old fogies" wouldn't buy it.

Thanks for helping me out
The names aren't released but the Supt is supposed to interview them?
Got it
Thanks
Perhaps the school boss could spit out the other two or three names on his tongue instead of sounding like a bird repeating "Grant Teaff" when pressured. The head boss could have mentioned the names of the vetters then it becomes an individual being held accountable, not the school or its teachers.

Fwiw, if they really did serious vetting they would have gotten those alleged victims names. The illusion of a serious vetting was a joke. Is Mt. Vernon less sophisticated than little bity me and all of the rest of the little world? I would think a big man like yourself would know how to get those victims' names.

It's a two way street with transparency. Would you want the release of the victims' names with the names of the accused players? My guess it would be a bad idea for the players. It does not help the players that Art shows no remorse.
They made their decision and are standing strong.

Came across as very resolute in their decision, knowing what they could potentially face.

They didn't care about the SJW's and effectively told Tracy and her ilk to get lost (gentle, board friendly terms).

They did what was right and as long as they live by it, they owe nothing to anybody but their students.

They made their decision and have handled the "mob" well...All 100 of them.

They aren't releasing anything to me nor yourself...Just like every other schools does.
xiledinok
redfish961 said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

Sure didn't help that 0/0/0 was spread by Ian's buddy. The confusion helped make 52 look legit. Derps wanted their numbers and the public took the worst ones.

Mt Vernon's school boss is being called an idiot and other adjectives on different radio stations. The vetting questions made him look ignorant.

Legit question on the vetting. Did the MVISD Superintendent interview any of the victims?
No???

Rex, he should have said "we belief in 2nd,3rd,4th or however many chances because the wealthy influential Baylor alumni tells us and writes our checks."
Why don't you announce, as the father of a Florida State assistant coach and Baby Briles' assistant, the name of the influential wealthy Baylor graduate who runs the town and got Art the job?
Why hide from it?
The vetting answers made them look bad. Negative press because the truth cannot be told,

List of names or go away
Thanks

Just tell the truth. Let them put their career or reputation on the line. The school boss had zero input on hire. He is getting blasted. He's going 1-11 leading that district if you feel to keep score.

They don't release sexual assault victims' names to the public and you know the school is not going to while getting bent over in litigation. What kind of back woods wood do you think some alumni are from Baylor? Common sense tells me the world hasn't operated that way in years. Even self professed "old fogies" wouldn't buy it.

Got it
Thanks
Perhaps the school boss could spit out the other two or three names on his tongue instead of sounding like a bird repeating "Grant Teaff" when pressured. The head boss could have mentioned the names of the vetters then it becomes an individual being held accountable, not the school or its teachers.

Fwiw, if they really did serious vetting they would have gotten those alleged victims names. The illusion of a serious vetting was a joke. Is Mt. Vernon less sophisticated than little bity me and all of the rest of the little world? I would think a big man like yourself would know how to get those victims' names.

It's a two way street with transparency. Would you want the release of the victims' names with the names of the accused players? My guess it would be a bad idea for the players. It does not help the players that Art shows no remorse.

Came across as very resolute in their decision, knowing what they could potentially face.

They didn't care about the SJW's and effectively told Tracy and her ilk to get lost (gentle, board friendly terms).

They did what was right and as long as they live by it, they owe nothing to anybody but their students.

They aren't releasing anything to me nor yourself...Just like every other schools does.

There's no SJWs involved in our situation. Never have been and Brenda has been stuck because the SJWs want live fresh victims. Briles is done. He's like a difference between a freshman reserve baseball player and a triple crown candidate. He is the reserve. It's going to die down and comeback.

It was one Baylor alumni who got Art the job. It's not that big of a place. The "vetting" comments made the white male outside the bubble call bullsxit. If only Art acted remorseful, he would be a head coach somewhere recognizable. Instead, he took the revenge route. The "vetting" comments just make Art seem dishonest. Reeked of PC.
REX
xiledinok said:

redfish961 said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

No???

Why hide from it?

List of names or go away
Thanks

Got it
Thanks

There's no SJWs involved in our situation. Never have been and Brenda has been stuck because the SJWs want live fresh victims. Briles is done. He's like a difference between a freshman reserve baseball player and a triple crown candidate. He is the reserve. It's going to die down and comeback.

It was one Baylor alumni who got Art the job. It's not that big of a place. The "vetting" comments made the white male outside the bubble call bullsxit. If only Art acted remorseful, he would be a head coach somewhere recognizable. Instead, he took the revenge route. The "vetting" comments just make Art seem dishonest. Reeked of PC.

Looooong day is almost over for me
Another sleepless night ahead for you though
Try to get some rest
ShooterTX
Stefano DiMera said:

LSU or A&M will hire a 74-75 year old coach?
A&M has proven that they will hire just about anybody with a history of success... even Jimbo Fisher.

LSU just seems like a good cultural fit for Briles.
historian
57Bear said:

historian said:

... That's because the burden of proof is on the crackpot lawyer making up those wild numbers--probably out of thin air. ...
True. But their conclusions have no credibility without proof. Neither they, the media, nor anyone else has provided any which is why Mt Vernon might conclude that Art Briles is a victim of character assassination & a high profile firing but not guilty of anything. Thus they feel justified in hiring him.

As for calls to interview the alleged victims, of what use would that be? Why should their voices matter in a hiring decision? There are only 2 of them who are confirmed victims (because the perps were convicted in a court of law) while the rest were accusers with no evidence to back them up. I genuinely feel sorry for any victim of rape or any crime but, unlike the SJW's, I do not automatically believe an accuser. That is a preposterous idea and the negation of justice.
xiledinok
REX said:

xiledinok said:

redfish961 said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

No???

Why hide from it?

List of names or go away
Thanks

Got it
Thanks

Looooong day is almost over for me
Another sleepless night ahead for you though
Try to get some rest
I'd bet good money you've lost more sleep than me 1,000,000 x over. Is your time on this board over? You don't have ties anymore and your supposed to act like a big winner.
Clemson cannot wait to abuse your quarterbacks. You 'll need to rest before the losses start.
57Bear
historian said:

57Bear said:

historian said:

True. But their conclusions have no credibility without proof. Neither they, the media, nor anyone else has provided any which is why Mt Vernon might conclude that Art Briles is a victim of character assassination & a high profile firing but not guilty of anything. Thus they feel justified in hiring him.

As for calls to interview the alleged victims, of what use would that be? Why should their voices matter in a hiring decision? There are only 2 of them who are confirmed victims (because the perps were convicted in a court of law) while the rest were accusers with no evidence to back them up. I genuinely feel sorry for any victim of rape or any crime but, unlike the SJW's, I do not automatically believe an accuser. That is a preposterous idea and the negation of justice.
Exactly because MSM didn't require proof (or even support) from the bor. They accepted what the bor and its minions said. They got their clicks.

Since the OJ trial, I no longer accept at face value what the police say either.
BearTruth
DustyM said:

Iron Claw said:

PartyBear said:

I don't know about a Div 1 program in 2 years. I can see a Lake Travis, Allen, Midway level program and then back to college from there perhaps.
I, too, think he will be back in college ranks, but will say more like five years instead of two.
Here is my thoughts. North Texas has a coach that is getting offers from P5 schools. He will accept one of them in a year or two, thus North Texas will be open. UTSA's coach is struggling, he hasn't done well since he knocked of Baylor two years ago. I suspect he will be gone in a year or two. I think one of those two programs makes Coach Briles their next hire.

The ice is broken and the SJW's will run out of steam by then. One of those universities will be ready to meet them head on and that will give CAB the opening to move right in.

It certainly would be interesting if CAB ends up at UTSA, considering UTSA just signed to play Texas for several years in a row. They are expecting a cup cake but might end up with a roadrunner by the tail. I would love that. LOL

---------------------------
Unfortunately, I don't think the detractors will EVER run out of steam. They are like liberals. Russia, russia, russia
william
I hear he - The Super - wears Eau Arbauge* ....

- BUmma

.... or nothing at all.

D!

* - the scent of Arby's.
oldbear69
Geez x , when u haven't done anything wrong .. why would u show remorse .. I wouldn't expect any defendant in a criminal case to show remorse if he pleads not guilty and says he "didn't do it".... u libtards just don't get it...are u really related to Jerry Nadler....
redfish961
xiledinok said:

redfish961 said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

No???

Why hide from it?

List of names or go away
Thanks

Got it
Thanks

Oh no, there's plenty of them and you are one.

No proof, just venom....May as just well join Brenda's crusade...You share the same hate, regardless of facts.

Briles isn't done in your mind or a few others because you constantly show your bias...You continue to keep it alive through your rhetoric.

At the end of the day, you have no idea what happened...Just a bunch of BS rants that make no sense.

Mt Vernon says screw you and your ilk and I commend them for it.

Go find Brenda and pick someone else to persecute...There are plenty of options.
xiledinok
redfish961 said:

xiledinok said:

redfish961 said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

No???

Why hide from it?

List of names or go away
Thanks

Got it
Thanks

No proof, just venom....May as just well join Brenda's crusade...You share the same hate, regardless of facts.

Briles isn't done in your mind or a few others because you constantly show your bias...You continue to keep it alive through your rhetoric.

At the end of the day, you have no idea what happened...Just a bunch of BS rants that make no sense.

Go find Brenda and pick someone else to persecute...There are plenty of options.

You would have thought Frank Beamer would have set a better example for you.

Briles is an unremorseful and a village idiot.

My political DNA is more sophisticated than some old man trying to call me a libtard. I know no successful Republican who would be gullible enough to buy Art's stupidity.
No liberals, no Republicans who think for themselves or any intelligent politicals think much of Art.
Derps on this board thought that Betsy Devos was going to untangle Title Ix because stupid Art blames it on Title Ix. Betsy doesn't care about things the schools can cover on their own. Nor does she care about a tribesman coach like Briles or his players. They don't know Betsy.

That dummy Brenda got blown off by social justice warriors. She was a scrub who clueless Patty and the underqualified inexperienced SMU WR coach pissed themselves and made her legit.
Remember, 60 2nd string Minutes ran against the WS with the Cubs playing. It was supposedly a big hit. Moved no one, humanized Ransower.
Reverend
william said:

I hear he - The Super - wears Eau Arbauge* ....

- BUmma

.... or nothing at all.

D!

* - the scent of Arby's.
I'm wondering if anyone else has ever responded to this guy?

Am I being petty by being annoyed?
redfish961
xiledinok said:

redfish961 said:

xiledinok said:

redfish961 said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

No???

Why hide from it?

List of names or go away
Thanks

Got it
Thanks

My political DNA is more sophisticated than some old man trying to call me a libtard. I know no successful Republican who would be gullible enough to buy Art's stupidity.
No liberals, no Republicans who think for themselves or any intelligent politicals think much of Art.
Derps on this board thought that Betsy Devos was going to untangle Title Ix because stupid Art blames it on Title Ix. Betsy doesn't care about things the schools can cover on their own. Nor does she care about a tribesman coach like Briles or his players. They don't know Betsy.

That dummy Brenda got blown off by social justice warriors. She was a scrub who clueless Patty and the underqualified inexperienced SMU WR coach pissed themselves and made her legit.
Remember, 60 2nd string Minutes ran against the WS with the Cubs playing. It was supposedly a big hit. Moved no one, humanized Ransower.
Yeah, when you mention Beamer, you might want to do a little more homework.

Great coach, but did things happen? Absolutely and I can name off 10 things SJW's would gnash their teeth with in 30 seconds.

Wrong team for you to try to play with me...I know it much better than you and personal, not some media BS.

Nobody with a brain puts themselves in a box, especially politically, unless they want to be sheep.

This has nothing to do with with politics.

It has everything to do with someone making a stand and saying screw SJW's, including you.

Don't care what you think and doing what we think is best no matter what your media or twitter tells you what to think.

Never wanted to get into this with you, but brother, keep driving if you want, but there is nothing to gain.

The man never hurt you, you have never met him, and you are making judgement on someone you don't know, but what the media tells you.

He hasn't hurt you and has zero impact on your life...Is it so hard to just let it be?
MilliVanilli
Iron Claw said:

PartyBear said:

I don't know about a Div 1 program in 2 years. I can see a Lake Travis, Allen, Midway level program and then back to college from there perhaps.
I, too, think he will be back in college ranks, but will say more like five years instead of two.
You think a 69-year-old media pariah that has been banished back to the high school level is going to be a hot commodity as a college coaching hire in half a decade?
xiledinok
redfish961 said:

xiledinok said:

redfish961 said:

xiledinok said:

redfish961 said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

No???

Why hide from it?

List of names or go away
Thanks

Got it
Thanks

Great coach, but did things happen? Absolutely and I can name off 10 things SJW's would gnash their teeth with in 30 seconds.

Wrong team for you to try to play with me...I know it much better than you and personal, not some media BS.

Nobody with a brain puts themselves in a box, especially politically, unless they want to be sheep.

It has everything to do with someone making a stand and saying screw SJW's, including you.

Don't care what you think and doing what we think is best no matter what your media or twitter tells you what to think.

Never wanted to get into this with you, but brother, keep driving if you want, but there is nothing to gain.

The man never hurt you, you have never met him, and you are making judgement on someone you don't know, but what the media tells you.

He hasn't hurt you and has zero impact on your life...Is it so hard to just let it be?
I disagree about him impacting alumni. He stepped on the diplomas, which is what college is all about.
No regular student chose Baylor for athletics. Only a dumb one would make that choice.
He ran his route and got roughed up. He made his bed even with that dildo salesman led group of rogue regents.

Mount Vernon has zero state championships since what, Texas Independence Day? They get to be the hunted on Friday night. Traditional squads will want to knock out those dancers and prancers.
redfish961
MilliVanilli said:

Iron Claw said:

PartyBear said:

You think a 69-year-old media pariah that has been banished back to the high school level is going to be a hot commodity as a college coaching hire in half a decade?
I don't think so, but I have to wonder about someone that is so obsessed that they are tracking a guy that just got a 3A high school job.

Is it hard to let him be?

Would you voice your concerns to his face? Perhaps he could tell you what he thinks while looking him in the eye and vice versa...Bring your cronies so they have their opportunity too.

I already know the answer from you and your cronies.

Face to face doesn't work for cowards.

They would much rather hide behind their keyboard and spew their vomit without repercussion.

I'm sure Geoff Ketchum would love some of you to join along and follow the shepherd.

Same agenda.
redfish961
xiledinok said:

redfish961 said:

xiledinok said:

redfish961 said:

xiledinok said:

redfish961 said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

No???

Why hide from it?

List of names or go away
Thanks

Got it
Thanks

I disagree about him impacting alumni. He stepped on the diplomas, which is what college is all about.
No regular student chose Baylor for athletics. Only a dumb one would make that choice.
He ran his route and got roughed up. He made his bed even with that dildo salesman led group of rogue regents.

Mount Vernon has zero state championships since what, Texas Independence Day? They get to be the hunted on Friday night. Traditional squads will want to knock out those dancers and prancers.
He didn't step on squat.

Absolutely correct, few chose Baylor because of athletics which would mean, most don't care about athletics.

Why are you so concerned about Mt Vernon now? Only one reason and it's obvious.

I noticed you didn't challenge me on Beamer...I can shoot that down in 30 seconds. Pick something you know about.

Mount Vernon doesn't care about you, Brenda, or the rest of your ilk...Why do you care so much Thought you just wanted to move along? Maybe you can continue with your ridiculous Scott Drew hate to bide your time.

Love seeing them tell the SJW's to kiss their ass and do what's right in their opinion.
Thee University
oldbear69 said:

Geez x , when u haven't done anything wrong .. why would u show remorse .. I wouldn't expect any defendant in a criminal case to show remorse if he pleads not guilty and says he "didn't do it".... u libtards just don't get it...are u really related to Jerry Nadler....
I seem to remember something about Art breaking down in BOR teeth gnashing fashion and sobbing hysterically for his job back.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
MilliVanilli
redfish961 said:

MilliVanilli said:

Iron Claw said:

PartyBear said:

I don't think so, but I have to wonder about someone that is so obsessed that they are tracking a guy that just got a 3A high school job.

Would you voice your concerns to his face? Perhaps he could tell you what he thinks while looking him in the eye and vice versa...Bring your cronies so they have their opportunity too.

They would much rather hide behind their keyboard and spew their vomit without repercussion.

I'm sure Geoff Ketchum would love some of you to join along and follow the shepherd.

Same agenda.
You Cabers have spent four-years fanboying fan fiction fantasies about the inevitable natties and vindication of Art Briles and you dare to call other people who grant you a reality check obsessed?

Too rich, self-awareness is as divorced from you lot as reality itself.

You guys swore he was headed to the SEC to win natties, four years later he's at a 3A small-town high school after a glorified stint coaching intramural football in Italy in front of crowds of dozens.

All of which you lot have daily taken up the bandwidth of a Baylor fan forum to circle jerk about.

And now you get offended when your latest goal post move for "vindication" is lampooned, especially after a couple of you are swearing this is but stepping stone number one to a full-fledged return to college football glory for him by his 70th birthday instead of the end of his professional rope.

PS you're not brave, you're just delusional and have an internet connection to tell us all about it.

xiledinok
redfish961 said:

xiledinok said:

redfish961 said:

xiledinok said:

redfish961 said:

xiledinok said:

redfish961 said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

No???

Why hide from it?

List of names or go away
Thanks

Got it
Thanks

He didn't step on squat.

Absolutely correct, few chose Baylor because of athletics which would mean, most don't care about athletics.

I noticed you didn't challenge me on Beamer...I can shoot that down in 30 seconds. Pick something you know about.

Mount Vernon doesn't care about you, Brenda, or the rest of your ilk...Why do you care so much Thought you just wanted to move along? Maybe you can continue with your ridiculous Scott Drew hate to bide your time.

Love seeing them tell the SJW's to kiss their ass and do what's right in their opinion.
Scott Drew? He's this generation Bobby Cremins. Posted it 10 years ago. Bobby has two conference championships and a Final Four. Bobby was a big enough coach to be featured in the movie "Blue Chips" and had a cool persona. I want to see it in my lifetime. Drew matching Bobby.

Mt Vernon looked desperate. This is Texas High School Football. He's going backwards.
redfish961
xiledinok said:

redfish961 said:

xiledinok said:

redfish961 said:

xiledinok said:

redfish961 said:

xiledinok said:

redfish961 said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

No???

Why hide from it?

List of names or go away
Thanks

Got it
Thanks

He didn't step on squat.

Scott Drew? He's this generation Bobby Cremins. Posted it 10 years ago. Bobby has two conference championships and a Final Four. Bobby was a big enough coach to be featured in the movie "Blue Chips" and had a cool persona. I want to see it in my lifetime. Drew matching Bobby.

Mt Vernon looked desperate. This is Texas High School Football. He's going backwards.
Robert Wilson
boognish_bear said:

He must have gotten all of his crying out to God done before they turned the cameras on

Quality post.

Clearly this guy doesn't rely on articles in christianity today to validate his holiness. What a loser.
RegentCoverup

Originally Posted by Redfish.

Quote:

He didn't step on squat.

Not sure you understand how a university works, so I'll explain.

The higher you are paid, the more that's expected. Football is a vehicle for the universities mission. Do you think Notre Dame would tolerate Brian Kelly telling them he didn't want tohelp Notre Dame raise scholarship money or speak to alums? They'd can him so fast he'd be lucky to clean out the company car. Notre Dame used their coaches to build the university, that's why they have $4bil in endowment.

We let Briles use us.

In retrospect, we gave Briles too much. Hiring the inbred relatives. Unqualified friends. Paying him insanely above market rates. And he couldn't be bothered to help the community every once in a while? His idea was to market himself to UT. The genius wrote a book telling how he'd nearly left like what, three times? And asked the school bookstore to carry it. Kim Mulkey called him out for his suspect loyalty.

Great football coach, worst negotiator I've ever seen. Zero sum, when the game is win/win.

I guess it works in a small town. But elite universities expect more.
PartyBear
What are you talking about? The football team did community service all throughout the Briles era. It may have actually started under Briles, but I'm not sure on that point. Briles helped directly raise money for McLane and the nutrition center etc. His football success indirectly raised money for other aspects of the university. That is how that works.

I don't remember KM criticizing Briles. I know she is pissed he was fired and has not been as happy since.

Briles almost left 3 times you say? To where? He was a candidate for Texas but the money wasn't good enough to leave here. What other two times? Even if true, Rhule has tried to leave 2 times in his first two years now and has brazenly announced through spin that he will do so after every season going forward.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
MilliVanilli said:

redfish961 said:

MilliVanilli said:

Iron Claw said:

PartyBear said:

Same agenda.
You Cabers have spent four-years fanboying fan fiction fantasies about the inevitable natties and vindication of Art Briles and you dare to call other people who grant you a reality check obsessed?

Too rich, self-awareness is as divorced from you lot as reality itself.

You guys swore he was headed to the SEC to win natties, four years later he's at a 3A small-town high school after a glorified stint coaching intramural football in Italy in front of crowds of dozens.

All of which you lot have daily taken up the bandwidth of a Baylor fan forum to circle jerk about.

And now you get offended when your latest goal post move for "vindication" is lampooned, especially after a couple of you are swearing this is but stepping stone number one to a full-fledged return to college football glory for him by his 70th birthday instead of the end of his professional rope.

PS you're not brave, you're just delusional and have an internet connection to tell us all about it.

No mention of our GLORIOUS Texas Bowl victory? You are slipping, Milli.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
xiledinok
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Quote:

He didn't step on squat.

The higher you are paid, the more that's expected. Football is a vehicle for the universities mission. Do you think Notre Dame would tolerate Brian Kelly telling them he didn't want tohelp Notre Dame raise scholarship money or speak to alums? They'd can him so fast he'd be lucky to clean out the company car. Notre Dame used their coaches to build the university, that's why they have $4bil in endowment.

We let Briles use us.

In retrospect, we gave Briles too much. Hiring the inbred relatives. Unqualified friends. Paying him insanely above market rates. And he couldn't be bothered to help the community every once in a while? His idea was to market himself to UT. The genius wrote a book telling how he'd nearly left like what, three times? And asked the school bookstore to carry it. Kim Mulkey called him out for his suspect loyalty.

Great football coach, worst negotiator I've ever seen. Zero sum, when the game is win/win.

Great post. It works that way outside Briles' world.
fadskier
Why "vet" him at all? He committed no crimes. I'd hire him.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
fadskier
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Quote:

He didn't step on squat.

We let Briles use us.

He gave us two conference championships in football. THAT's what he was hired to do. He took us from nowhere to somewhere...I was happy. We stabbed him in the back...just like we did our own alumni association.

Although I am loyal to my alma mater, they don't make it easy.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
CHP Bear
xiledinok said:

redfish961 said:

xiledinok said:

redfish961 said:

xiledinok said:

redfish961 said:

xiledinok said:

redfish961 said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

No???

Why hide from it?

List of names or go away
Thanks

Got it
Thanks

He didn't step on squat.

Your glass is empty. I view Mt Vernon as the first step on his journey back. Thank you Mt Vernon.
xiledinok
CHP Bear said:

xiledinok said:

redfish961 said:

xiledinok said:

redfish961 said:

xiledinok said:

redfish961 said:

xiledinok said:

redfish961 said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

No???

Why hide from it?

List of names or go away
Thanks

Got it
Thanks

He didn't step on squat.

Your glass is empty. I view Mt Vernon as the first step on his journey back. Thank you Mt Vernon.

He is done with NCAA football. His gansta ways got tripping and rubbed the owner of the CFP the wrong way.
He kept acting out post firing and those CAB shirts reminded many of what happens when ganstas die. Also, advertisers prefer he stay off the games they bought. It's why he cannot speak anywhere.

I congratulate MT Vernon for willing take the future bullets when all scores get settled. Things will go better for Baylor with the sacrificial lamb in place.
PartyBear
Do you seriously think Budweiser et al. have told schools if you hire Briles we will not allow your games to be televised because we will boycott advertising during them? You really have a grandiose view of this. Briles is not as big a deal as he is in your head. Budwieser, Disney etc do not give a shxt if or where Briles is coaching.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.