Story Poster
Photo by Jim Black
Baylor Football

Baylor releases game times, television details for four 2019 contests

May 30, 2019

Want the latest inside scoop of Baylor Athletics? Try SicEm365 Premium for $1.00!

WACO, Texas — Television details and times for four 2019 Baylor football games were announced by the Big 12 Conference office and its television partners Thursday.

Baylor will open the 2019 season August 31 at McLane Stadium against Stephen F. Austin. The game is scheduled for 6 p.m. CT and will be broadcast as part of the Big 12’s new agreement with ESPN+. BU leads the all-time series 4-0.

The Bears host UTSA  September 7 at 3 p.m. CT on FSN. The game is the third-ever meeting between the two programs with Baylor winning at the Alamodome in 2018 and UTSA earning the 2017 victory in Waco.

Following a week three bye, Baylor will travel to face Rice in Houston September 21. Kickoff is set for 6 p.m. CT on CBS Sports Network.

The Bears lead the all-time series 49-30-2 with the most recent meeting a 38-10 BU victory in 2016.

Additionally, the Bears will host West Virginia in a showcase game on Halloween, Thursday, October 31. Kick time is slated for 7 pm CT on ESPN.

COMPLETE BAYLOR FOOTBALL 2019 SCHEDULE

Aug. 31 - Stephen F. Austin, ESPN+, 6 pm CT

Sept. 7 – UTSA, FSN, 3 pm CT

Sept. 21 - at Rice, CBSSN, 6 pm CT

Oct. 31 - West Virginia, ESPN, 7 pm CT

Tags: Football, Baylor, 2019
Discussion from...

Baylor releases game times, television details for four 2019 contests

7,771 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Stranger
whitetrash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA game relegated to PPV; meanwhile FSN picks up Indiana St-KU, MontanaSt-Tech, and the grand prize of them all: Arkansas Pine Bluff-TCU.

Corrected--it's KU against IndianaSt on FSN. KSt-Nicholls St is also on PPV, along with Coastal Carolina-KU and McNeese St-OkSt the following week.

Cow gets LaTech on LHN, but is relegated to CBSSN for the Rice game (same as us).
Oso Pardo
Yep, I don't like it either but I think I remember reading that every XII team has to play one game in that format this season due to the new agreement. Glad that we're getting ours out of the way right out of the gate. IMO, this was a dumb move but I guess it helps force dollars to the PPV side of the equation.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
whitetrash said:

SFA game relegated to PPV; meanwhile FSN picks up Indiana St-KU, MontanaSt-Tech, and the grand prize of them all: Arkansas Pine Bluff-TCU.

Corrected--it's KU against IndianaSt on FSN. KSt-Nicholls St is also on PPV, along with Coastal Carolina-KU and McNeese St-OkSt the following week.

Cow gets LaTech on LHN, but is relegated to CBSSN for the Rice game (same as us).
CUSA has CBSSN as their carrier. Baylor, nor Texas get a say.

The new ESPN+ game is replacing FSN and paying more to the conference. Baylor and three other schools begin this year and then the other 4 begin in 2020. Texas and OU have their own tier 3 deal which pays them more.
Stranger
Boy if this here schedule doesn't fire you up, what will?
I'm a Bearbacker
whitetrash
Stranger said:

Maybe Aggy's troika of TexasSt, Lamar and UTSA?

Or Bama's Duke, NMSt, Southern Miss and Western Carolina?
BellCountyBear
No facebook telecasts?!
Stranger
whitetrash said:

Stranger said:

Maybe Aggy's troika of TexasSt, Lamar and UTSA?

Or Bama's Duke, NMSt, Southern Miss and Western Carolina?

Didn't we lose to UTSA and Duke?
I'm a Bearbacker
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.