Football
Sponsored by

Latest from Mac Engel on Briles

16,829 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jumpinjoe
Timbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
X = blah blah blah
xiledinok
Timbear said:

X = nobody buys Briles bull outside the bubble and could care less what his Waco based t shirt fan base cares. He is 3A coach ran by one guy.
Fify. In June 2019, the Briles versus regent board and former rogue regents is over. Time to enjoy Charlie Brewer and company make a strong run in 2019.
I m looking forward to all those t shirt fans heading to East Texas weekly and break Mt. Vernon's stadium. History indicates they don't travel and one trip will be the last.
Timbear
I did not say what X just claimed. Fake news.
Smashmouth
Sounds like a guy that doesn't want any piece of the ass whoopin he probably deserves for writing some of his unsubstantiated crap he wrote

xiledinok
Reads like a guy who wants to keep his sources happy.
Spread the love and spread the blame. Maybe he'll have better luck next time moving the public's opinion with another topic.
boognish_bear
10 minute interview of Mac

applemacg4
PartyBear said:

If he is correct and a Regent did suggest the BOR commit an NCAA violation for purposes of framing Briles for it, that Regent better have been booted and banned from the university.
You know as well as I do that they wouldn't boot or ban anyone for coming up with creative strategies to protect the institution. The decision had already been made to blow up the football program and scapegoat Coach Briles to try and protect the institution. What's an extra NCAA violation to save a few million? A few extra losses?

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your Christian university.
S11
Staff
You'll find more objectivity on Baylor from Killerfrogs, Texags, and Raiderpower than you will from Engel.

Don't read his trash.
SATXBear
applemacg4 said:

PartyBear said:

If he is correct and a Regent did suggest the BOR commit an NCAA violation for purposes of framing Briles for it, that Regent better have been booted and banned from the university.
You know as well as I do that they wouldn't boot or ban anyone for coming up with creative strategies to protect the institution. The decision had already been made to blow up the football program and scapegoat Coach Briles to try and protect the institution. What's an extra NCAA violation to save a few million? A few extra losses?

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your Christian university.

This is a BS post
bunation
His article, while a significant contrast from the morality-hating media, is rife with contradictions.

A simple, "I'm sorry, Mr. Briles, that you were one of the many marks whom/which I choose to write self-serving fabrications. Why? ...just because; as a member of the media elite, which is no longer held to any standard of integrity/principles, I can. We now tell you what your opinions are;" would have been better..................
historian
That would have required genuine humility and integrity & both are of short supply--especially in the media & in politics.
Dia del DougO
boognish_bear said:

10 minute interview of Mac

Like the earlier column, a very fair and thoughtful interview.

I'm still not a fan of Mac, but he has earned some respect for admitting he was wrong, and for pointing the fact of how the media was completely out of control as they chummed the waters to draw a mass feeding frenzy based on rumor and misinformation, without investigating the actual facts.

I'm sure he'll go on to overreact and misjudge and show tremendous bias on a lot of things, but he seems truly sincere in this case. I haven't seen many in the business do that.

Shoot the messenger if you want, but the message is still spot on.

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
BaylorOkie
bunation said:

"I'm sorry, Mr. Briles, that you were one of the many marks whom/which I choose to write self-serving fabrications. Why? ...just because; as a member of the media elite, which is no longer held to any standard of integrity/principles, I can. We now tell you what your opinions are;"
This is an excellent synopsis of much of today's print/online media. Well said.
Thee University
Thee University said:

What I think is hilarious is how many of the 365 Bubble Club thought Engel was the antichrist for a couple of years. Now that Engel is changing his tune he is all of the sudden a great sportswriter????

The damage was done. His repair job is a band aid on a gaping ax wound.

Worth repeating to all you willing to forgive Engel and welcome him onto Dave Campbell levels of sportswriting.

There are ZERO decent sportswriters today!
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Dia del DougO
Thee University said:

Thee University said:

What I think is hilarious is how many of the 365 Bubble Club thought Engel was the antichrist for a couple of years. Now that Engel is changing his tune he is all of the sudden a great sportswriter????

The damage was done. His repair job is a band aid on a gaping ax wound.

Worth repeating to all you willing to forgive Engel and welcome him onto Dave Campbell levels of sportswriting.

There are ZERO decent sportswriters today!
You last line is pretty much fact, and Engal was almost saying just as much in his column. They all failed at their jobs miserably.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
jumpinjoe
Still not willing to forgive Engel, he's still TCU trash, and still zero quality sportswriters.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.