Football
Sponsored by

Baylor football favored in 9 of 12 games?

9,136 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Redbrickbear
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
PartyBear
I wonder why we arent favored to beat TCU but are favored to beat Texas? I would think it would be reversed, that said I think Texas can get tripped up this year in Waco.
Jacques Strap
I hope to see some conference road wins other than @ Kansas.
Sailor Bear
The projected S&P+ rankings for both offense and defense suggest immense improvement, even from just one year ago. Here's to hoping we can finish on the right side of all those close games. If we can do that, we might be in for something special.
YoakDaddy
gobears20 said:

I don't think they got the memo...we're not allowed to beat UT or OU.
TechDawgMc
PartyBear said:

I wonder why we arent favored to beat TCU but are favored to beat Texas? I would think it would be reversed, that said I think Texas can get tripped up this year in Waco.
Pretty sure they are looking home/road on those. Still, I don't think TCU is anywhere near as talented as Texas and I'm not sure home field is worth that much
Quinton
Better chance to beat TCU than Texas. TCU hasn't been very good for awhile now but Patterson prioritizes planning for that game and we've been reeling for the last 3 matchups. Decent shot at both but slightly better against TCU, even on the road
Timbear
Rhule hasn't committed to a set Offensive system. He's trying to do a little bit of this and a little bit of that. Could be a problem.
Heisman25g
Timbear said:

Rhule hasn't committed to a set Offensive system. He's trying to do a little bit of this and a little bit of that. Could be a problem.

Tim Bear brings up a good point. Based on our last two games vs Texas tech and vandy, our offense could be a problem.
Bubear2020
We cannot overlook Matt Campbell and Iowa State. They are a dang good program. I heard him talk at a coaching clinic and he wouldn't be a bad hire if we could convince him to leave state. Also Stillwater is just a tough place to play. Texas tech should also be a tough match up. Matt Wells brings in the spread style offense but adds an aggressive defense and special teams. Put bowman back in the mix and they may have something special. Our coaches missed him. UT OU and TCU will be tough games for obvious reasons. I think as fans we need to remember this is not a lightweight conference and we still have some building to do. Should we improve? Yes but it won't be as easy as some of y'all are making it out to be.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
We are back BABY!!!! New Years 6 Bowl bound. We are God's gift to football. Alabama and Clemson SUCK!!!

Sic 'Em Bears!!!!! And ILLUMINATE!!!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Sailor Bear
Timbear said:

I know. It's like, sometimes he wants to run. Other times we wants to pass. Then he can't make up his mind on either one so they do this weird thing where the QB acts like he wants to hand it off to the RB, but he holds on to the ball and then pulls it back last minute, sometimes keeping it, other times throwing it downfield. It's just absurd.
MilliVanilli
Timbear said:

Don't you have a Mt.Vernon high school forum to moderate?
MilliVanilli
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

We are back BABY!!!! New Years 6 Bowl bound. We are God's gift to football. Alabama and Clemson SUCK!!!

What's funny is when Baylor is back you'll be unable to get back on the bandwagon after 4 years of showing your ass.
Aberzombie1892
Compounding said:

Better chance to beat TCU than Texas. TCU hasn't been very good for awhile now but Patterson prioritizes planning for that game and we've been reeling for the last 3 matchups. Decent shot at both but slightly better against TCU, even on the road

TCU was in the 2017 Big 12 title game, won its bowl, and finished that season in the top 10 of the AP poll.
Aberzombie1892
Bearish said:

Timbear said:

I know. It's like, sometimes he wants to run. Other times we wants to pass. Then he can't make up his mind on either one so they do this weird thing where the QB acts like he wants to hand it off to the RB, but he holds on to the ball and then pulls it back last minute, sometimes keeping it, other times throwing it downfield. It's just absurd.

This is funny.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

What's funny is when Baylor is back you'll be unable to get back on the bandwagon after 4 years of showing your ass.
You are such an angry little man/ little girl. I haven't quite figured that part out yet. I am just happy that someone sitting in my seats will get to enjoy the same excitement that my family and I did when we had them. We kicked some Vanderbilt ass this past year when we went bowling. I think maybe this year we can beat up on some Northern Illinois or maybe South Alabama. I am so excited I can't sleep at night in such anticipation. LOL!

-- Barack Obama
Aberzombie1892
gobears20 said:

One of the main takeaways here is that the programs with the new coaches, other than Kansas, are not projected to be auto-wins. Not Texas Tech. Not WVU. Not Kansas State.

Given that that is the case, the 7 win projection with 60% chance of 1 more sounds about right. Personally, I still believe Baylor will beat Kansas State, but I'm not sure about Tech or WVU without seeing those teams play.

That being said, it's still scary to see so many one score games.
MilliVanilli
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

You are such an angry little man/ little girl. I haven't quite figured that part out yet. I am just happy that someone sitting in my seats will get to enjoy the same excitement that my family and I did when we had them. We kicked some Vanderbilt ass this past year when we went bowling. I think maybe this year we can beat up on some Northern Illinois or maybe South Alabama. I am so excited I can't sleep at night in such anticipation. LOL!
Lulz, self-awareness and dumbassery just don't go hand in hand I suppose.

Enjoy the 3A high school ball that you vicariously live through these days, it's odd you continue to come to a Baylor forum.

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Lulz, self-awareness and dumbassery just don't go hand in hand I suppose.

Enjoy the 3A high school ball that you vicariously live through these days, it's odd you continue to come to a Baylor forum.

Wut?

-- Barack Obama
YoakDaddy
Bubear2020 said:

We cannot overlook Matt Campbell and Iowa State. They are a dang good program. I heard him talk at a coaching clinic and he wouldn't be a bad hire if we could convince him to leave state. Also Stillwater is just a tough place to play. Texas tech should also be a tough match up. Matt Wells brings in the spread style offense but adds an aggressive defense and special teams. Put bowman back in the mix and they may have something special. Our coaches missed him. UT OU and TCU will be tough games for obvious reasons. I think as fans we need to remember this is not a lightweight conference and we still have some building to do. Should we improve? Yes but it won't be as easy as some of y'all are making it out to be.

Agree. Do you think Bowman will last the season? He went out twice last year with a collapsed lung.
historian
Jacques Strap said:

I hope to see some conference road wins other than @ Kansas.
K State & TCU are the most likely. I think we could win in Stillwater as well, although far less likely.

Quote:

Quote:

One of the main takeaways here is that the programs with the new coaches, other than Kansas, are not projected to be auto-wins. Not Texas Tech. Not WVU. Not Kansas State.

Given that that is the case, the 7 win projection with 60% chance of 1 more sounds about right. Personally, I still believe Baylor will beat Kansas State, but I'm not sure about Tech or WVU without seeing those teams play.

That being said, it's still scary to see so many one score games.
Difficult to disagree with any of this. That said, though, I think we have a chance of starting 9-0. More likely, it will be 7-2 which is not too bad. We have a very beneficial schedule and I can see us ending the season with 9-10 wins. It will be tough, but Texas is beatable.
gold rewards
12 - 0
BUmoneymaker
IKR, im like *** does RPO stand for anyway and why cant we finish every drive in like 45 seconds in two passes.

Make up your mind, either we need to be a passing team or a running team. There is no middle ground. Tell me im wrong. Bunch of morons running this team like they have any idea of what success looks like.

Nvrmind, wildcat is the best, we should just do that

"I hope" -Red

"Apply yourself" -W.White

"Guys, who is Keyser Soze?" - K. Soze

"Tea. Earl Grey. Hot." -J.L. Picard
corncob pipe
the 7 minute possession in the 4th QTR against Sand Aggie showed a lot of Chutzpah

I think they are going places
historian
I don't follow soccer so I have no idea (& no interest). I have no idea what that has to do with Baylor football (American football), but whatever.

Does that site say anything about Baylor football? It looks like its only pro sports and mostly international.
BUbearinARK
Timbear said:

On the other hand, your consistency is spot on without fail ever. Congrats.
I’m an optimist!

And /S in case I missed it

TE
Matthew Klopfenstein 1 catch/5 yds
Bubear2020
I think Kingsbury pushed Bowman backed before he was ready because Klimt was feeling the hot seat. Coaches do stupid things and risk young people's health to save their own careers which is unfortunate.
historian
https://www.legendarte.com/en/gustav-klimt/the-kiss-klimt.html

Not sure what made me think of this....
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
MilliVanilli
If we are healthy we should be 5-1 at home and steal a couple on the road, even if .500 on the road that would make for a 8-4 campaign, but I think we are a 9-3 team and will make a bid for the Alamo Bowl.
Dman
Big Year for Rhule. His players..his system. I hope to see the next step forward. He has my full support.

Side note..after all these years, why in God's name do people quote the village idiot and let threads go offline? IGNORE. It's amazing...until people quote him. No one takes MV seriously. Stop quoting!

MilliVanilli
Dman said:

Big Year for Rhule. His players..his system. I hope to see the next step forward. He has my full support.

Side note..after all these years, why in God's name do people quote the village idiot and let threads go offline? IGNORE. It's amazing...until people quote him. No one takes MV seriously. Stop quoting!

You know you're obsessed when you take the time to whine without provocation.

Caberdom sure is this screen name's absolute biatch, and it's so effortless.
Timbear
No 4 stars recruited yet. 8 3 Stars. Anyone who commits is a great guy, and we're grateful, but is this a trend? Recruiting is ranked in the 50's .
BUBear24
Timbear said:

No 4 stars recruited yet. 8 3 Stars. Anyone who commits is a great guy, and we're grateful, but is this a trend? Recruiting is ranked in the 50's .

No. In 18 and 19 only 4 star we had committed by this point with Josh Fleeks and part of that was being Joey's kid when he was a coach. They're in the mix for quite a few of them. Most are probably going to wait to see how season plays out.
Wwbear
Timbear said:

I share your concern here. Would like to see us land guys with better offer lists. My guess is they're getting players that fit their profile in size, athleticism and character regardless of rank and will try to close on the high profile guys later.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.