Football
Sponsored by

Poor TCU

4,215 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Johnny Bear
BiPolarBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=211734043&DB_OEM_ID=10410

Well the Big12 2018/2019 Sports year is in the books and guess who the only member school who did not win or share in a Big12 sports title in any sport this year was? TCU, TCU, TCU.
ScottS
Time out TCU
Time out TCU
ScottS
Not so killer eh?
BiPolarBear
And guess which member school won the second most Big12 titles not counting that school's success in a sport that will be a NCAA sport before too long? BU, BU, BU!!!
whitetrash
Cows won 9, 3 of which involve watersports that BU doesn't participate in:

men's swimming/diving
women's swimming/diving
rowing
women's volleyball
women's indoor track
women's outdoor track
men's tennis (regular season only)
women's tennis (regular season only)
women's golf

BU won 5:

women's basketball (regular season and tourney, only team to sweep both titles in any BigXII sport)
horsey-riding
women's soccer (regular season only)
men's tennis (tourney only)
Johnny Bear
At least two of our titles (women's bball season and conference tourney) were in a sport that more than a handful of fans (beyond the players' parents and families) care about. And even more importantly, we won a NC to boot.
hodedofome
Yet they still beat us in football, the most important sport.
T-REX
Johnny Bear said:

At least two of our titles (women's bball season and conference tourney) were in a sport that more than a handful of fans (beyond the players' parents and families) care about. And even more importantly, we won a NC to boot.
my un-explanable energy & love at the Big 12 soccer & tennis tournaments more than makes up for the lack of fans in the stands. never played either, still barely understand them but knowing that even one more body in the stands raising hell can mean the world to those athletes is enough for me to say "idk what the hell im watching but that other team aint Baylor so time for war!"

Seriously tho, go to every sport ya can. I live in KC so any chance to watch Baylor is a chance I refuse to miss. Maybe it is different for one who cant make all the home fball & bball games, idk, but seeing any team wearing the green & gold hoisting up a trophy is something to get behind! Now if we just get ourselves a swimming team and destroy UT, all planets will align
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
historian
IIRC, Baylor had two National Titles this season: WBB & AT. I don't know of any Big 12 team that had even one (unless you count Texas & the NIT).

I know most people don't care as much about Acrobatics & Tumbling but I'm as proud of those young ladies as any other team. It is a remarkable accomplishment by any standard (especially since they win the Natty every year).
T-REX
historian said:

IIRC, Baylor had two National Titles this season: WBB & AT. I don't know of any Big 12 team that had even one (unless you count Texas & the NIT).

I know most people don't care as much about Acrobatics & Tumbling but I'm as proud of those young ladies as any other team. It is a remarkable accomplishment by any standard (especially since they win the Natty every year).

Tech won mens outdoor track natty
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
historian
Nice to see Big 12 teams win big--especially when it's Baylor.
BUbackerinET
Hate, hate, hate TCU - glad they suck, and I hope they continue this suckage campaign
McCavebear
ScottS said:

Not so killer eh?
"On a moonlight night ya got your dead toad frog."
McCavebear Lives!
McCavebear
hodedofome said:

True, that was a painful close loss at home last year. ( at least we had that sweep of frog in Ft worth in baseball.)
McCavebear Lives!
historian
McCavebear said:

hodedofome said:

True, that was a painful close loss at home last year. ( at least we had that sweep of frog in Ft worth in baseball.)
And in WBB, and MBB had a big win over TCU in Waco on Feb 2. It was beautiful watching Makai Mason almost score at will.
Johnny Bear
T-REX said:

Johnny Bear said:

my un-explanable energy & love at the Big 12 soccer & tennis tournaments more than makes up for the lack of fans in the stands. never played either, still barely understand them but knowing that even one more body in the stands raising hell can mean the world to those athletes is enough for me to say "idk what the hell im watching but that other team aint Baylor so time for war!"

Seriously tho, go to every sport ya can. I live in KC so any chance to watch Baylor is a chance I refuse to miss. Maybe it is different for one who cant make all the home fball & bball games, idk, but seeing any team wearing the green & gold hoisting up a trophy is something to get behind! Now if we just get ourselves a swimming team and destroy UT, all planets will align
I agree - just pointing out the fact that by comparison there is a lot more fan interest in women's bball than a lot of these other sports (like swimming, tennis, golf, etc.).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.