Football
Sponsored by

Rico Suspended

2,555 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Keyser Soze
CHP Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rico Gathers suspended one game for violating NFL substance abuse policy. He will have to sit out Giants game Sept. 8. Provided he makes the 53 man roster.
Timbear
Boy, Looks like Rico turned out to be a real idiot. Coach Drew must have recruited a bad dude.
REX
Darn Briles guys
BUbackerinET
He will not make the roster. He was hanging by a thread anyway - this will push the Cowboys and they will either deal him or more likely just cut him - too Much drama to keep him - just not going to happen. I was really pulling for Rico - bad bad choices will cost him. I hope he can catch on with another team, but not holding my breath...
BUGWBBear
BUbackerinET said:

He will not make the roster. He was hanging by a thread anyway - this will push the Cowboys will either deal him or more likely just cut him - too Much drama to keep him - just not going to happen. I was really pulling for Rico - bad bad choices will cost him. I hope he can catch on with another team, but not holding my breath...

Particularly with Witten coming back...
Media Bear
BUbackerinET said:

He will not make the roster. He was hanging by a thread anyway - this will push the Cowboys and they will either deal him or more likely just cut him - too Much drama to keep him - just not going to happen. I was really pulling for Rico - bad bad choices will cost him. I hope he can catch on with another team, but not holding my breath...
A lot more drama going on with the Cowboys than a minor puff-puff in in public park that happened last year (see Zeke Elliott for starters).

The big concern there was the stupidity sorrounding it (in public, plus day before 53 man cuts). And dude survived it back then to boot.

However (as you alluded to) Witten is back and unless Witten or one of the other TEs get hurt for an extended period coming up, the lengthy grace period that RG has gotten over the past 3 seasons is likely to reach an undistinguished and inglorious end.

And another Euro basketball (or WWE) career likely begins.
BUbackerinET
Media, you can't compare Rico's drama to Zeke's, because Zeke was drafted and high in the draft (first round if I remember coerrectly), so the 'Boys are way more invested in Zeke than they are in some Free Agent tight end that can't seem to stay out of trouble
Media Bear
BUbackerinET said:

Media, you can't compare Rico's drama to Zeke's, because Zeke was drafted and high in the draft (first round if I remember coerrectly), so the 'Boys are way more invested in Zeke than they are in some Free Agent tight end that can't seem to stay out of trouble
So basically ... if you perform on the field, you are worth more drama.

No need to respond -- we both know it's true. My only point was that Rico's "drama" was not really drama at all. Stupid, yes (toking in a public park after sundown -- when such parks usually close). But he never caused trouble with officers, owned up to it, it's the first trouble he's gotten into with the Cowpokes ($99 fine; Class C misdemeanor erased from record with 90 days good behavior, which he accomplished 7 months ago) -- and the fact he only got a one-game suspension reflects that.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Looks like the whacky weed may end the football career of another Baylor Bear. But oh no, but marijuana is not addictive!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Mitch Blood Green
Rico will not be suspended.
Keyser Soze
Rape - Weed

Not much difference
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.