Football
Sponsored by

GRIND DON'T STOP: BAYLOR HYPE VIDEO 2019

1,797 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by historian
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Here's another one:

Lot's of great video clips of the team, including practice. But the "music" is more rap crap. At least it's not vulgar as far as I can tell.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Wichitabear
I just can't stand rap. I wish we could come up with something else. Thank you again for posting Historian
Mr Tulip
Kinda lost focus after the 0;59 mark.

T-REX
If you are not used to rap music in 2019 being used for sports highlights then there is no real hope. The athletes listen to this music. the younger fan base listens to this music. the person making the video most likely listens to this music. tons of people from all ages listen to this music. sorry but nobody wants to listen to country music or classic symphony while watching james lynch destroy a quarterback lol. white people like my self listen to this music and i almost always used music suggestions from the players when making highlight videos for my college program while in school. as long as there aint cursing then it is all good.
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
historian
Doesn't mean I have to like it!

And there are plenty of alternatives without resorting to classical or country. I think some of either could work in the right circumstances but I don't like country either. At least country is real music.
BirelBear
I wouldn't jam to the music while doing the dishes at home, but it is absolutely perfect for the video. Hype videos require rap music, otherwise it's not a hype video.

But now let's talk about why all these hype videos that I've been seeing just abruptly end! Buzzkill!

Still, very cool footage of the team in practice.
T-REX
BirelBear said:

I wouldn't jam to the music while doing the dishes at home, but it is absolutely perfect for the video. Hype videos require rap music, otherwise it's not a hype video.

But now let's talk about why all these hype videos that I've been seeing just abruptly end! Buzzkill!

Still, very cool footage of the team in practice.
yea. if you dont end a hype video with a nice transition into how the season ended or how it is about to begin ect ect, then it is a real buzz kill
Baylor MBA 2023
T-REX
historian said:

Doesn't mean I have to like it!

And there are plenty of alternatives without resorting to classical or country. I think some of either could work in the right circumstances but I don't like country either. At least country is real music.
you cant say rap is not real music. music is a loose term. people thought rock and roll was devil worship in the 50s and 60's.........
Baylor MBA 2023
historian
Of course I can say rap is not real music! I may define music differently than rap fans but I'm sure there are lots of people think that music should have a melody. Most of the rap I've heard (thankfully, not much) is just someone talking trash. It helps if it has some artistic value as well. In my mind, rap usually barely qualifies as bad poetry. When it's vulgar, it's just plain trash.

I know my tastes are not shared by everyone. That's fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
Wichitabear
How about a Little Rock and Roll sometimes.
Wichitabear
I can. Lololol But, I get what your're saying T.
T-REX
Wichitabear said:

How about a Little Rock and Roll sometimes.
what even is rock and roll now?
Baylor MBA 2023
Wichitabear
I listen to the classic station when I want to hear rock and roll. And, that's a good question because country music has even become some part of this now.
Mr Tulip
It's easy to make bad hip-hop music. It's easier to make bad "country" - whatever that term means now.

An artist should have a voice and a message. Good rap might voice anger, tell stories, convey joy either from spiritual or material means, etc. The medium is simple, so having a style is essential. Blues music shares these qualities. Too often, though, the message conveyed is, "I'm an idiot!".

I'd get canned before the end of the first season if I were in charge of Baylor's stadium music. My genre is industrial/EDM - basically hip-hop done by greasy northern Europeans rather than African-Americans. I'd use Trent Reznor's "Meet Your Master!" for run-out music.

I'd be chased from the stadium, though, after planning my shot. Hopefully, during a home game, we'd be fortunate enough to exercise a large lead over a hated rival. At that point, I'd play Benny Benassi:

T-REX
Mr Tulip said:

It's easy to make bad hip-hop music. It's easier to make bad "country" - whatever that term means now.

An artist should have a voice and a message. Good rap might voice anger, tell stories, convey joy either from spiritual or material means, etc. The medium is simple, so having a style is essential. Blues music shares these qualities. Too often, though, the message conveyed is, "I'm an idiot!".

I'd get canned before the end of the first season if I were in charge of Baylor's stadium music. My genre is industrial/EDM - basically hip-hop done by greasy northern Europeans rather than African-Americans. I'd use Trent Reznor's "Meet Your Master!" for run-out music.

I'd be chased from the stadium, though, after planning my shot. Hopefully, during a home game, we'd be fortunate enough to exercise a large lead over a hated rival. At that point, I'd play Benny Benassi:

que laser show
Baylor MBA 2023
historian
I prefer classical or classic jazz but I know enough about hype videos, etc. (I've certainly watched/posted enough of them) to know that they would not work very often for the game experience. I've actually gotten to the point that I can tolerate (maybe even "like"???) some heavy metal used for this. The Intro music for the 2014 season is a good example:

T-REX
historian said:

I prefer classical or classic jazz but I know enough about hype videos, etc. (I've certainly watched/posted enough of them) to know that they would not work very often for the game experience. I've actually gotten to the point that I can tolerate (maybe even "like"???) some heavy metal used for this. The Intro music for the 2014 season is a good example:

heavy metal is my favorite for hype videos if done correctly
Baylor MBA 2023
Mr Tulip

historian
The first time I heard that was August 31, 2014 for the opening of McLane Stadium. I remember clearly my initial reaction: I hated the heavy metal & thought it was incredibly loud. After hearing it for each of the other games, I got used to it and now it reminds me of some of the great experiences from that year--especially October 11.

Karab
historian said:

If you think that is heavy metal, you need to learn your genres.

That is EDM (Electronic Dance Music). It's incredibly amateur EDM at that and makes my eyes roll. But I suppose that's what you can afford without paying massive royalties for good EDM.

As far as country goes, I've listened to enough country between Wyoming and Texas to know it's all uninspired, copycat nonsense whining about how some unrequited love really hurt them or how a girl wears her jeans and cowboy boots just right. It's downright emo music disguised with acoustic guitars and fiddles or pop music being sung with a southern drawl.

So let's all admit we're just pots calling the kettle black and stop our complaining about today's youth. It's so passe and curmudgeonly.
Wichitabear
Where did you get that we were complaining about today's youth? Lololololol. Every generation has their thing with music. That doesn't make today 's youth bad even if we don't always like their music. But there is plenty of youth that actually like country and rock n roll, etc. We are just discussing our preferences.
T-REX
i think we need to define what we think rap is. hip hop would be a much better term in my opinion. I love me some NWA gangsta rap lol. ill admit, a lot of current rap artists suck and just make noise. there is a reason people like Dr Dre and others look down on the up and coming guys
historian
I'll stick with my Mozart, Beethoven, Brahms, & Rachmaninov (among others)!

That said, I do enjoy good performances of the Great American Songbook.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.