Story Poster
Photo by Jim Black
Baylor Football

Baylor Athletics Reveals Updated McLane Stadium Turf

July 11, 2019

Try SicEm365 Premium until August 25 for $1.00!

WACO, Texas – Baylor Athletics revealed an updated field design for McLane Stadium on Thursday. The field is being replaced for the first time since McLane Stadium’s 2014 inaugural season.

The redesigned field features design elements from the recently announced university-wide rebrand, Baylor United. Baylor partnered with NIKE to create a unified visual identity, which was revealed prior to the Green and Gold football game on April 13. The updated design features a gold interlocking BU spanning a 10-yard distance at midfield. Gold end zones will feature the green Baylor wordmark followed by the green Bear head logo.

The Hellas Matrix 46H synthetic turf will include the addition of a Cushdrain shock attenuation pad to optimize safety during impacts. The Cushdrain pad is an elastic layer that is paved into place over the laser-graded drainstone foundation to increase shock absorption and improve drainage.

McLane Stadium’s field is one of four playing surface redesigns featuring Baylor United elements. A new synthetic turf with the updated interlocking BU was added at Getterman Stadium prior to the 2019 softball season. A complete reconstruction of the grass pitch at Betty Lou Mays Field is in progress and will be complete prior to the start of the 2019 soccer season, and the Ferrell Center court will be refinished and a new design revealed prior to the 2019 volleyball, 2019-20 basketball and 2020 acrobatics & tumbling seasons.

Baylor will host seven home games for the first time since 2013, with no increase in season ticket prices or seat options. Season ticket holders receive reserved seating for all seven home games and other benefits as part of their Baylor Bear Foundation membership. Other ticket packages include the Mobile Pass season ticket, which provides a steep discount on seats for all home games through a mobile app, and the Baylor Bears Flex Plan, which allows fans to customize a three-game ticket package.

The Bears are coming off a 45-38 Texas Bowl victory over Vanderbilt and enter year three of the Matt Rhule era with an impressive group of returning starters and a third consecutive top-40 recruiting class. Baylor kicks off the 2019 season at 6 p.m. CT on Aug. 31 against Stephen F. Austin. The season opener will be broadcast from McLane Stadium on ESPN+ as part of a new partnership between ESPN and the Big 12 Conference.

Tags: Football, Baylor
Discussion from...

Baylor Athletics Reveals Updated McLane Stadium Turf

15,696 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Brian Ethridge
MoHunna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I hope the new turf won't resemble Tulane's field. I have yet to see a multi-colored field that looks good. It always ends up looking like half the "grass" is healthier than the other half.
Dia del DougO
I like the two tone green look. Not so crazy about the blind wolverine end zone logos, but at least it isn't at the 50 and larger.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
jwoo15
My first impression is great! Let's win on this thing.
william
Dia del DougO said:

I like the two tone green look. Not so crazy about the blind wolverine end zone logos, but at least it isn't at the 50 and larger.
those are wombats.

no idea why - but those are definitely wombats.

- BUmma

Dale?
PartyBear
I personally think two tone green and two tone gold unis would be cool.
Stranger
Has the price tag for all of the new stadium/arena/fields/pitch upgrades been revealed by Baylor?
DanaDane
Yeah, I don't care for that. But I'm sure it will grow on me as I watch Charlie, Hasty, Ebner, Tyquan, or Mims running the full length of the field into the endzone with our opponent trailing behind.
OsoCoreyell
I like it. Love the two-tone green. I like Nebraska's field when they had it.
RansomBU
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Stranger said:

Has the price tag for all of the new stadium/arena/fields/pitch upgrades been revealed by Baylor?

Yes
Stranger
Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Yes

Can you reveal that amount?
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Yes

Mack Rhoades did on Smoaky's show.
the_flying_taco
Really meh, the new bear heads look really generic.
Stranger
Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Yes

I can't pick up Smoak's show up here in the mountains of New Mexico. So what did Baylor spend on these projects?
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Yes

I can't pick up Smoak's show up here in the mountains of New Mexico. So what did Baylor spend on these projects?
Why don't you hit the live link in the upper right corner we provide for free for Smoak's show?

We even link the show with Mack each week.
Russell Gym
Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Yes

Why don't you hit the live link in the upper right corner we provide for free for Smoak's show?

Crickets.
jdkingbear
I like it. And as for the Bear in the endzones? That is no wombat. It's a ferocious Grizzly. And thank God it is not the mewly Sailor Bear. Gonna see lots of Bears in endzones this year. Go Bears!
jdkingbear
Baylor Pride
Alternating green looks bad. I'm disappointed.
Baylor Alum - Class of '99
cyberbear
I love it!
BylrFan
wished we had custom field numbers
Michibear
Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Yes

Why not just tell him the number? Less time/typing and would be kinda polite to answer a question. I mean, thanks for providing the link and all, but it doesn't seem like it has to go around and around like this.
Michibear
Michibear said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Yes

Why not just tell him the number? Less time/typing and would be kinda polite to answer a question. I mean, thanks for providing the link and all, but it doesn't seem like it has to go around and around like this.

Oh, I just saw that it was Stranger that was asking. Never mind. I completely understand now. Carry on, good sir!

Brian Ethridge
Staff
Michibear said:

Michibear said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Yes

Oh, I just saw that it was Stranger that was asking. Never mind. I completely understand now. Carry on, good sir!

via GIPHY

Stranger
Michibear said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Yes

Politeness doesn't count for much around here. I'm not on little Matty's bandwagon so I'm used to not being served kool-ade at this place.
Quinton
The alt green looks good. I think it was Nebraska that had it for several years and its looks good on broadcasts. Take the logo out of the endzone and put name only centered. Seems like an obvious thing. The pros just can't quite ever get it right. Without the logos it would look pretty sharp
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Stranger said:

Michibear said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Yes

Politeness doesn't count for much around here. I'm not on little Matty's bandwagon so I'm used to not being served kool-ade at this place.
Did you find the link or listen to the show today?
Stranger
Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Michibear said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Yes

I played golf yesterday and we're going to the horse racing track today. We went out to the Inn of the Mountain Gods to watch the sun set. There's only so many hours in the day to do all this retirement stuff. I'll devote more time to football toward the end of August.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Michibear said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Yes

I played golf yesterday and we're going to the horse racing track today. We went out to the Inn of the Mountain Gods to watch the sun set. There's only so many hours in the day to do all this retirement stuff. I'll devote more time to football toward the end of August.

Ok, we might be headed that way in a few weeks. Either there, the beach, or other mountains. If I make it there I'll tell you at dinner.
william
RansomBU said:

wombat lip?

PA.

- UL

looks like jimmy durante.

{ sipping coffee }

{ eating donut }

we now return to our regularly scheduled *****ing and moaning*.

* BFans style.

Dale?
Stranger
Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Michibear said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Yes

Ok, we might be headed that way in a few weeks. Either there, the beach, or other mountains. If I make it there I'll tell you at dinner.

C'mon. We'll show you around. Call me if you need some tips.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Michibear said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Yes

C'mon. We'll show you around. Call me if you need some tips.

Wife's family had a place there.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.