Football
Sponsored by

Matt Rhule on being at Baylor for a long time

12,366 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by RegentCoverup
Jacques Strap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Happy Friday!!

xiledinok
Dman, go sniff the 15 year old jocks at Mt. V.

Can you assure us Art has no problem with Baylor?
After watching his unqualified staff tank, tamper and continue to embarrass Baylor, NCAA and college football sponsors, it does not take a degree from UH to realize he is done.

It's almost time for 2 a days at MT. V. You need to get that nose ready to sniff, get brown and dirty.
Dman
xiledinok said:

Dman, go sniff the 15 year old jocks at Mt. V.

Can you assure us Art has no problem with Baylor?
After watching his unqualified staff tank, tamper and continue to embarrass Baylor, NCAA and college football sponsors, it does not take a degree from UH to realize he is done.

It's almost time for 2 a days at MT. V. You need to get that nose ready to sniff, get brown and dirty.

Wow. Sleep didn't help. And even all those edits to those drunk rants last night..didn't help. Starting off a new day with another juvenile display of your character. "Sniff a 15 year olds jockstrap". Again, how does that even sound good in your head even with The limited number of brain cells not dead from alcohol poisoning?

My post was about the trap some fans fall into "tribal" support of one coach at the expense of another. Look up tribal politics. What I said VERY clearly to the sober participant on these forums, is that fans like you create the drama between coaches to support your pre-confirmed bias. Briles knows Rhule had NOTHING to do with the chaos the BoR created. He doesn't hold anything against RHULE (I didn't say Baylor). So Briles fans attacking Rhule just to support Briles is just stupid.

I don't know Briles personally, but I'm willing to bet he has a HUGE problem with the BoR part of Baylor. He's not alone.
Dman
X

It's a gorgeous day. Life is good. I'm not wasting time trying to save a chronic alcoholic today. Glad you made it through another rough night... I Hope you get the help you need.
xiledinok
Dman said:

X

It's a gorgeous day. Life is good. I'm not wasting time trying to save a chronic alcoholic today. Glad you made it through another rough night... I Hope you get the help you need.
I didn't have a rough night talking to two very attractive women and typing a little reality about your buddy.
Perhaps alcoholism runs in your buddies' family with DUIs and odd accidents. You might want to get them help and send them to some overpriced rehab that one of your buddies or you own.
Whatever the case, no nickel can buy their reputations back. Baylor already purchased the reputations.

Malbec
Jacques Strap
jbbear
Timbear said:

When he interviews again after this year, Rhoades needs to tell him to just go so Baylor can get someone they can count on.

Ironically the same feeling we have about you on this site.
Bubear2020
I don't agree with timbear on anything but I will say he is right here. You can't keep playing the back and forth game each offseason for the purposes of recruiting and donors. That being said if Rhule left at the end of this season or next season or any season our fan base should be extremely thankful he came here in the first place. Everyone knew following up the last coach would not be easy, the roster was a hot mess, the NCAA might try to heavily punish us, and lastly nobody was happy no matter what side of the spectrum they fell on. With all that on the table he still came here over a very attractive offer to Oregon and I'm sure several other places. So if he interviews for the NFL we may need to encourage him on but on his way out thank him for everything he has done here.
boognish_bear
ImwithBU
xiledinok said:

Dman said:

X

I didn't have a rough night talking to two very attractive women and typing a little reality about your buddy.
Perhaps alcoholism runs in your buddies' family with DUIs and odd accidents. You might want to get them help and send them to some overpriced rehab that one of your buddies or you own.
Whatever the case, no nickel can buy their reputations back. Baylor already purchased the reputations.

X a drunk go figure... and I though you just hated Briles for the sake of Baylor
BUBear24
boognish_bear said:

It's amazing how much the TSHCA has taken a liking to Rhule.
Bear8084
BUBear24 said:

boognish_bear said:

Real recognize real.
boognish_bear
BUBear24 said:

boognish_bear said:

historian
Not so surprising: he has their former director on staff now.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
boognish_bear
BUBear24 said:

boognish_bear said:

THSCA are hoping the next guy can carry the torch

CutTheTVoff
Redbrickbear said:

Let me translate.

"I might stay at Baylor....I might not.....who knows"

Fine with me.

All coaches are hired guns who will leave when a better offer comes on the table.
Joe Paterno, Tom Osborne, Bear Bryant, Knute Rockne, Grant Teaff and Bobby Bowden would take issue with your claim.
historian
You have a point. But in a way, you're making his point: there are few exceptions to the generalization.
CutTheTVoff
Ya, I can see that now.
RegentCoverup
Yeah, I dunno. It's not my opinion that matters, it's the opinion of Texas High School coaches.

They certainly see his hiring as a promotion, but they're interests are still.....Texas HS coaches.

90% of these coaches will never sniff a college coaching job.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.