Football
Sponsored by

QB Rankings

1,752 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by DASH_Sports
DASH_Sports
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I found this article on twitter. What do y'all think? The Jake Fromm bit seemed kind of eye opening to me. I just assumed that he was a gun slinging fool.
https://dashsports.home.blog/
DASH_Sports
That's cool I didn't want to have a fun discussion with anybody anyways....
Bear8084
I think Charlie is a little bit too low. I would put him at around 6 in that grouping.
Aberzombie1892
Not_Crickets_Pub said:

I found this article on twitter. What do y'all think? The Jake Fromm bit seemed kind of eye opening to me. I just assumed that he was a gun slinging fool.
https://dashsports.home.blog/
The issue out the outset is that there are very different ways to rank QBs. For example, a ranking could focus on their NFL attributes (i.e. PFF) and another could focus on their performance (i.e. QBR) and a third one could focus on anything in between. This one seems to merely be QBs that the ranker believes will "succeed" which is an ambiguous and arbitrary standard. However, that being said, I'm always on board with any ranking if the Big 12 has 5 of the top 10 QBs.

Of note, Alan Bowman is great and he, along with the rest of Tech's roster, should be able ensure that Tech has a floor of about 6 wins. There is a reason that ESPN predicts that Tech will win about the same number of games as Texas, ISU, TCU, Baylor, and Oklahoma State (all of those teams are predicted to win either 7 or 8 games by ESPN).
Grizz Air
Pretty cool to see Brewer be in the top 10, but I am trying to think of who I would take over him in an imaginary world where people were judged by their play and not their Jersey color. Maybe Tua. Maybe.
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
DASH_Sports
Grizz Air said:

Pretty cool to see Brewer be in the top 10, but I am trying to think of who I would take over him in an imaginary world where people were judged by their play and not their Jersey color. Maybe Tua. Maybe.
Fun fact this was actually my article. The reason I dont have Brewer up there is because I wanted to go off of who would be the most successful this year. QBs 6-9 were so close to me. I think in all honesty if you rank those quarterbacks off of just being a quarterback and not what was around him, it would've looked more like: 1. Tua 2. Ehlinger 3. Brewer 4. Purdy 5. Mond 6.Fromm 7. Hurts 8. Bowman 9.Bryant 10. Burrow.

However, I went the way I did so if I was torn on somebody I could use whoever had the better team as my tie breaker.
historian
Just being in the top 10 nationally is good. Charlie has great potential, especially if the OL can be more effective. I
noticed that this list is dominated by the Big 12. I also noticed that I did not see Clemson's QB on the list (Trevor Lawrence?). In fact, it's all Big 12 & SEC with no Pac 12, Big 10, or ACC not to mention ND (which had a very good year in 2018).
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
jbbear
historian said:

Just being in the top 10 nationally is good. Charlie has great potential, especially if the OL can be more effective. I
noticed that this list is dominated by the Big 12. I also noticed that I did not see Clemson's QB on the list (Trevor Lawrence?). In fact, it's all Big 12 & SEC with no Pac 12, Big 10, or ACC not to mention ND (which had a very good year in 2018).

That's because they were only ranking QB's from the BigXII and SEC.
historian
Somehow I missed that!

It might have made more sense to make it a national ranking. But just focusing on those 2, the list certainly makes sense--including Big 12 domination.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
DASH_Sports
The sports page will focus on Texas teams and the schools that they compete against. Therefore it will mostly be about Baylor, Tech, Texas, TCU and A&M and the teams that are in their conference.That is why I brought it here hoping you guys would enjoy it and give me good discussion and feed back. For example, the comment about if you put the guys in different jerseys how would they rank made me appreciate Brewer much more (even though I am already bullish on him.)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.