Football
Sponsored by

Swagger.

9,334 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Robert Wilson
BellCountyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Do you think BU football will ever get it back? Is that allowed by ESPN and the BOR?
I am no Briles apologist. I just miss those days of knowing we could hang with pretty much anyone.
Eball
BellCountyBear said:

Do you think BU football will ever get it back? Is that allowed by ESPN and the BOR?
I am no Briles apologist. I just miss those days of knowing we could hang with pretty much anyone.
I think CMR and his guys have plenty of swagger...did you watch any of the guys who represented us at Big 12 media days? We also showed a lot of swagger in the bowl win over the SEC last year.

Swagger is a state of mind not tied to a coach or style...I loved CAB but I have been a BU football fan for 55 years and have seen several teams at times show the swagger. No one dictates our Swagger!
chukronos
I think you'll see a lot of it this year.
CTbruin
No. Not with this coach
PartyBear
We started seeing it last year. I think Rhule started to let the kids let loose with swagger after the former Board Chair's racist comments about the program back in 15/16 were made public.
Robert Wilson
Stan Mikita
We started to get our swagger back when Matt Rhule got an unsportsmanlike conduct flag thrown on him during the Oklahoma State game last year. We went on to win that game 35-31.
Herb1986
Why not?
CTbruin
Just my opinion

I haven't seen much on the field to be optimistic about (except Brewer)

Swagger comes with success..dominating on the field. Haven't seen that yet.
Eball
It's coming
LavacaBear
Brides had swagger. RG3 had it. The real stuff. The problem was that he allowed the garbage stuff. The personal foul taunting swagger that was shameful.

I didn't see a bunch of other guys with the real stuff. I think we'll see more of the real stuff in these kids this year.
BigOleBear
I want to see the taunting at mid field and bench clearing brawls. Thug life.
BoonDockSaint
Ive been SOOO over that word since it got popular

Every said they had Swag swagger and wore hats that said BOSS on them.

Sooo bush league
Sampi82
BUbearinARK
I believe this team will be dope and ridiculous in addition to having swag. Don't @me
SATXBear
CTbruin said:

No. Not with this coach
Ludwig von Missi
CTbruin said:

Just my opinion

I haven't seen much on the field to be optimistic about (except Brewer)

Swagger comes with success..dominating on the field. Haven't seen that yet.
That's a real shame. You're missing out on James Lynch, Trestan Ebner, Ty Thornton, Denzel Mims, Connor Galvin, and plenty of others. Hopefully they can do something on the field to excite you and your lofty standards this year.
the_flying_taco
No, we are not an institution of football. Have you guys cried out to God recently? Whatever chance we had was blown to bits a few years ago.
BUbearinARK
the_flying_taco said:

No, we are not an institution of football. Have you guys cried out to God recently? Whatever chance we had was blown to bits a few years ago.
Yet here you are.
DanaDane
Good lord are some of you gonna wallow in the Art Briles pity party forever. You can fold your arms, blink your eyes twice and he still ain't coming back. Jimbo's looking for some bandwagon supporters and he's promised they'll have swagger so maybe there's an opportunity there.
Eball
I guess the definition of swagger is important...and I am not sure we all share the same definition.
Bear8084
the_flying_taco said:

If I had dollar for how many times that quote was misquoted and severely taken out of context on this board I'd be pretty wealthy.

I guess you missed how much "swagger" the players have now. It's nice to see again.
SATXBear
the_flying_taco said:

You need to to go to another football board. Like maybe TCU?
EatMoreSalmon
LavacaBear said:

Brides had swagger. RG3 had it. The real stuff. The problem was that he allowed the garbage stuff. The personal foul taunting swagger that was shameful.

I didn't see a bunch of other guys with the real stuff. I think we'll see more of the real stuff in these kids this year.
You are correct that brides had swagger!
xiledinok
Miami U had swag. They could show up and beat a team every way.

We had undisciplined Caber dancing and prancing. All O with subpar D, no discipline, no special teams and the ability look classless with the "Mall Fight" and TCU neutering our offensive coaches in the rain.

There's a big difference between dancing and prancing and swag.
xiledinok
We don't need no Mall Fights and a coach that looks like he spent a night raping and pillaging with Wild Turkey and other low class fellows at the homeless tent city.
BaylorOkie
I love the attitude of our guys. This program is in a good place and trending up. Some of our fans have made up their minds and will not be happy.
xiledinok
BaylorOkie said:

I love the attitude of our guys. This program is in a good place and trending up. Some of our fans have made up their minds and will not be happy.

I do too and swag hasn't won anything on a football field or any other athletic event at Baylor.
BaylorOkie
xiledinok said:

BaylorOkie said:

I do too and swag hasn't won anything on a football or any other athletic event at Baylor.
Swag comes in different forms. It doesn't have to be in your face cocky.
MilliVanilli
the_flying_taco said:

Another Jim Ward sock, let's see if he locks himself out of this one.
syme
A large portion of our fan base is extremely uncomfortable with swagger.

"Just compete and do your very best fellas!"
Timbear
Being thought of as nice guys out weighs winning with cocky swag at Baylor, even if we're playing within the rules.
SATXBear
Timbear said:

Being thought of as nice guys out weighs winning with cocky swag at Baylor, even if we're playing within the rules.

***? You are confusing nice with sportsmanship.
Sailor Bear
It really is sad to see so many Baylor alumni and supporters take for granted how good we really have it here. What we went through would have destroyed so many other programs - It probably would have killed ours had it happened in 2006 and not 2016. The administration made athletic success a priority. They didn't do a 180 when they fired Art.

Differing opinions about the current football staff are fair game. Offering bullsht like the administration not caring about football is not.
Thee University
Very fine lines between swagger and classlessness and no discipline.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.