Football
Sponsored by

NFL Reinstates Josh Gordon

6,649 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by McCavebear
Dia del DougO
How long do you want to ignore this user?

NFL reinstates Patriots WR Josh Gordon

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-reinstates-patriots-wr-josh-gordon/ar-AAFUl9m

"Commissioner Roger Goodell notified Josh Gordon of the New England Patriots that he will be reinstated to the NFL on a conditional basis.
"Effective Sunday, Gordon may rejoin the Patriots to attend meetings and engage in conditioning work and individual workouts.
"Subject to appropriate progress on clinical care and other arrangements, he will be permitted to participate in team activities including practice. Because he will not have had sufficient conditioning and practice time, however, he may attend but may not play in the Patriots' Thursday, August 22 game.
"'We are all rooting for Josh to succeed, both personally and professionally,' said Goodell. 'Everyone shares in that hope and will continue to support him to every extent possible. But as Josh acknowledged, ultimately his success is up to him.'

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
hodedofome
Why reinstate him just to suspend him in a few months? The dude ain't gonna quit weed, either let him have it or tell him it's over.

Maybe he should get a job at Mike Tyson's ranch?
BaylorRocks
Goodell is simply a prop. He isn't the one making this decision.
chukronos
What's the over/under on the amount of games he plays before being suspended again?

#bonglife4eva
Jacques Strap
chukronos said:

What's the over/under on the amount of games he plays before being suspended again?

#bonglife4eva

ImwithBU
hoping he can stay clean this time. instead of judging him, how about you "Christians" pray that he is able to overcome his demons.
BearlyBeloved
Sure there's reason to be skeptical, but above all else here's hoping that this time Josh keeps himself clean and has a great season.

Mitch Blood Green
hodedofome said:

Why reinstate him just to suspend him in a few months? The dude ain't gonna quit weed, either let him have it or tell him it's over.

A better question is why does the league care if he smokes weed?
DST
BearlyBeloved said:

Sure there's reason to be skeptical, but above all else here's hoping that this time Josh keeps himself clean and has a great season.

I love how John Morris incorrectly identifies him on both of the first two plays of those highlights.
Team America
tommie said:

hodedofome said:

Pretty simple...it's still illegal.
jbbear
ImwithBU said:

hoping he can stay clean this time. instead of judging him, how about you "Christians" pray that he is able to overcome his demons.

It's called history my friend. Of course we pray he can clean up his dope smoking life but "history" tells us he won't. Thanks for judging us though. Ass clown.
NeuroticBear
zunooreo said:

Goodell is simply a prop. He isn't the one making this decision.
I'll be a prop for $40 million a year.

Where do I sign up?
xiledinok
All-Pro if he lasts the entire season.
Too bad the NBA didn't give Roy Tarpley as many chances.
Mitch Blood Green
Team America said:

tommie said:

hodedofome said:

It's also illegal to speed. They don't go out of their way (they have to do that to find out he smoked) to catch speeders.

Besides, it's only illegal in some places. The NHL doesn't test for weed and the NBA? I'm not sure they do even though it's policy.
Mitch Blood Green
xiledinok said:

Tarpley was doing cocaine.
xiledinok
tommie said:

xiledinok said:

It wasn't affecting his game.
Mitch Blood Green
xiledinok said:

tommie said:

xiledinok said:

It wasn't affecting his game.

That's not what she said.
BUbearinARK
#SICEMJOSH!!!
CTWallace
DST said:

BearlyBeloved said:

I love how John Morris incorrectly identifies him on both of the first two plays of those highlights.

John Morris needs to be drug tested after calling Josh Gordon Tevin Reese.
Timbear
No matter what you've done, if you can play, they pay.
Keyser Soze
CTWallace said:

DST said:

BearlyBeloved said:

As bad as calling Kalief Muhammad - Muhammed Ali?
ImwithBU
jbbear said:

ImwithBU said:

It's called history my friend. Of course we pray he can clean up his dope smoking life but "history" tells us he won't. Thanks for judging us though. Ass clown.

touched a nerve I see. is anything to difficult or wonderful for the Lord. pray and with some actually belief asswipe. your comments show you didn't actually believe in his deliverance
Dia del DougO
CTWallace said:

DST said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Don't give me false hopes of JMo being suspended from working Baylor games.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Grizz Air
Im all for Josh Gordon and I perpetually hope that he will get it together but man this is like his 6,219th chance. And I agree that history tends to repeat itself and, unfortunately, yes, 0.5 games on the over/under
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
cowboycwr
Team America said:

tommie said:

hodedofome said:

1. No it isn't illegal everywhere. but using your logic teams in states that have legalized it should be able to sign players that can then smoke.

2. So is killing people and teams have signed players who have done so and the league lets them play

3. So is drinking and driving and again the league has let players play after doing this.

4. So are about 20 other things that players have been arrested for and still been able to play after.

The only 2 crimes that seem to get a person kicked out of the NFL are domestic assault and weed.

And with both of those the players get suspended and some never play again even when they get the charges dismissed, dropped or don't ever get charged.

Well unless it is a player who gets in trouble for the assault in college and goes to OU.
boognish_bear
cowboycwr
If he is clean and stays clean all season the pats offense just took a major leap forward.

But more than football I hope he has turned a corner and is done with the abuse.
PacificBear
BearlyBeloved said:

God I miss Baylor/Briles Football!
BUbearinARK
PacificBear said:

BearlyBeloved said:

God I miss Baylor/Briles Football!
There, there.
Aliceinbubbleland
DST said:

BearlyBeloved said:

John being John. I've often wondered if they pay the guy.
Dia del DougO
Put it on papers.
OsoCoreyell
Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Hope he gets it right this time.
RegentCoverup
I'll say it once, I'll say it again. I don't care if I ever see him play football. All I care about is that he gets his life straight.

Habitual problem drug users and alcoholics don't make for reliable family members and dependable friends. He will suffer far more from that than any gain from playing football could justify.
Mothra
hodedofome said:

It's a good thing I keep hearing weed is not addictive.
Dia del DougO
What's the vegas over/under line on Gordon or Antonio playing in more NFL games this season?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.