Football
Sponsored by

Sharon Grigsby doesn't like Cowboys Cheerleaders

8,404 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by applemacg4
Kyle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1975bear said:

Kyle said:

Sharon is completely correct. When I got to the gym or see women jogging in the neighborhood, they basically wear burkas because they do not want men looking at them or objectifying them. Why do you think bikini sales bare basically zero - women hated showing off there bodies and now basically swim in jeans and long-sleeve T-shirts.

???
Sarcasm mi amigo, sarcasm.
blackie
Jacques Strap said:

Cheerleading is a sport and I like watching sports, ergo keep the cheerleaders.
Wonder when was the last time these "cheerleaders" actually led cheers? They are leading cheers as much as the Baylor "Song Leaders" are leading songs. Call them what they are. They are dancers who sole purpose is to show skin and shimmy.

What I can't understand is in this day and age how do these teams get away from what is really exploitation of the female body?

In Baylor's case it is an absolute joke to continue to call them "Song Leaders". Actually it is embarrassing.
Sailor Bear
Honest question: Who's going to NFL games because of the cheerleaders? Or college games, for that matter. I mean, if that's what gets you to pay over $100 for a ticket, wouldn't your money be better spent at a strip club? I mean, it's cheaper and there'd be more to see.
OsoCoreyell
Bearish said:

Honest question: Who's going to NFL games because of the cheerleaders? Or college games, for that matter. I mean, if that's what gets you to pay over $100 for a ticket, wouldn't your money be better spent at a strip club? I mean, it's cheaper and there'd be more to see.
Tradition, which is a big part of sports. Who goes to the Cowboy games because they have a blue star on their helmets? Probably not a lot of folks, but it is part of the tradition.
Wichitabear
Ditto. I'm a woman and they don't offend me. Other NFL cheerleaders have skimpy outfits. Sharon needs to crawl back in her hole
SIC EM 94
blackie said:

Jacques Strap said:

Wonder when was the last time these "cheerleaders" actually led cheers? They are leading cheers as much as the Baylor "Song Leaders" are leading songs. Call them what they are. They are dancers who sole purpose is to show skin and shimmy.

What I can't understand is in this day and age how do these teams get away from what is really exploitation of the female body?

In Baylor's case it is an absolute joke to continue to call them "Song Leaders". Actually it is embarrassing.

Give me a freaking break! These women are free to choose to be cheerleaders. Who the Hell are you to try and shame them? They choose to try out, they choose to represent their team and/or University. How about you quit trying to dictate what women can and can't do.
SIC EM 94
Wichitabear said:

Ditto. I'm a woman and they don't offend me. Other NFL cheerleaders have skimpy outfits. Sharon needs to crawl back in her hole

Is there room for Blackie in that hole?
Doc Holliday
blackie said:

Jacques Strap said:

How is it exploitation if they consented to it?
1975bear
Kyle said:

1975bear said:

Kyle said:

Sharon is completely correct. When I got to the gym or see women jogging in the neighborhood, they basically wear burkas because they do not want men looking at them or objectifying them. Why do you think bikini sales bare basically zero - women hated showing off there bodies and now basically swim in jeans and long-sleeve T-shirts.

???
Sarcasm mi amigo, sarcasm.

thanks. I was so confused.
blackie
SIC EM 94 said:

blackie said:

Jacques Strap said:

Give me a freaking break! These women are free to choose to be cheerleaders. Who the Hell are you to try and shame them? They choose to try out, they choose to represent their team and/or University. How about you quit trying to dictate what women can and can't do.
Not shaming the women. Where in anything I said shames the woman? Certainly the women know why they are there and it is their choice to be there. I was shaming the team (actually organization) for trying to take advantage of them.
SIC EM 94
blackie said:

SIC EM 94 said:

blackie said:

Jacques Strap said:

Not shaming the women. Where in anything I said shames the woman? Certainly the women know why they are there and it is their choice to be there. I was shaming the team (actually organization) for trying to take advantage of them.

Take advantage of them??? Go ask any of the cheerleaders, high school through the NFL, if they feel like they are being taken advantage of. Rather than you sitting there and dictating what a woman "should be or is feeling", how about you let them decide for themselves? Perhaps the women are proud of the way they look, their level of physical fitness, and the perks that go along with the choice they made. Many of them go on to model, teach cheer/dance lessons for a living, etc... If you feel so strongly these women are being taken advantage of, perhaps you should never attend another sporting event where such exploitation is on display?
Jack Bauer
SIC EM 94 said:

blackie said:

SIC EM 94 said:

blackie said:

Jacques Strap said:

Take advantage of them??? Go ask any of the cheerleaders, high school through the NFL, if they feel like they are being taken advantage of. Rather than you sitting there and dictating what a woman "should be or is feeling", how about you let them decide for themselves? Perhaps the women are proud of the way they look, their level of physical fitness, and the perks that go along with the choice they made. Many of them go on to model, teach cheer/dance lessons for a living, etc... If you feel so strongly these women are being taken advantage of, perhaps you should never attend another sporting event where such exploitation is on display?

And many get to travel around the world and have a lifetime experience from it.
BUbearinARK
I hear she took an interest in smu after she overheard someone saying Dykes would be at the game.
applemacg4
Quote:

a memoir about being single in her 40s

Angry cat rancher is angry.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.